BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Seat reccomendations z/28

The seats in my 98 z/28 are a little faded so in the near future I want to replace them. I was thinking about leather seats from a ws6 but since the last year was 2002-most of them are not in that great of shape plus people want a wade for them.I decided I would really like some Recaro or some type of aftermarket seat thats similar but it needs to be comfortable like the stock camaro seats-not some all out race seat. Have any of you guys put aftermarket seats in your maros? If so what did you go with? I have a budget of $700 per seat- and I realize for that kind of money leather wont be an option. If any of you have pics you can post I would really appreciate it.Thanks in advance.

white
    97 z28/SS

check out www.leatherseats.com they have great deals on material and even leather ! now if you want to fix your padding on your seat if you find a local shop they could replace it for you for a decent price way under your budget! but if you do want a new style im not sure! just thought i would throw my 2 cents.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by brianswimmer23 View Post
    check out www.leatherseats.com they have great deals on material and even leather ! now if you want to fix your padding on your seat if you find a local shop they could replace it for you for a decent price way under your budget! but if you do want a new style im not sure! just thought i would throw my 2 cents.
    Thanks man I appreciate the reply! That might be the best way to go. The thing is-I dont want the leather or material to be loose or have wrinkles like the seat covers I saw. I am gonna look into a local shop like you suggested because I think it would probably be a huge hassel to go with aftermarket seats. I was looking around and found these Cobra seats that are like $1500 a seat-I gotta say they are the most badass seats ever.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I think the stockers are the best way to go. Just recover them with a set of leather covers. Using a heat gun and some time and you won't need to worry about wrinkles.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I think the stockers are the best way to go. Just recover them with a set of leather covers. Using a heat gun and some time and you won't need to worry about wrinkles.
    A heat gun?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Thanks man I appreciate the reply! That might be the best way to go. The thing is-I dont want the leather or material to be loose or have wrinkles like the seat covers I saw. I am gonna look into a local shop like you suggested because I think it would probably be a huge hassel to go with aftermarket seats. I was looking around and found these Cobra seats that are like $1500 a seat-I gotta say they are the most badass seats ever.
    i was gonna say cobra seats as i just saw them on overhaulin the other day...but then i looked at the price of them...ouch.

check out jcwhitney...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/B...4+1999/c-10101

they've got pretty nice seats dirt cheap.
    Last edited by 1MileCrash; 05-25-2008 at 01:18 PM.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Someone on here posted pics of WS6 seats in a Camaro and I thought they looked great! If I came across a set I would def switch mine out. They look so much more comfortable.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe00SS View Post
    Someone on here posted pics of WS6 seats in a Camaro and I thought they looked great! If I came across a set I would def switch mine out. They look so much more comfortable.

I have been thinking about it also. I like the way the ws6 seats look as well. Hard to find ws6 seats in good condition-might have to find a set and reapolster them(I will find a place not do it myself).

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I just did ws6 seats in mine, best seat i've sat in for awhile. Found a nice set, they bolt right in, and they are comfy. Supportive, yet very comfy. I can post pics if you like, or just pm me if you have any questions. Goodluck!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Kind of off topic, but is anyone else getting very poorly worn seats. I have the ebony leather and the seats are very smooth and do not feel like leather anymore.... hard to explain. They are smooth and are not soft at all, almost like plastic. Anyone else experience this?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I just did ws6 seats in mine, best seat i've sat in for awhile. Found a nice set, they bolt right in, and they are comfy. Supportive, yet very comfy. I can post pics if you like, or just pm me if you have any questions. Goodluck!
    Where did you find them at and how much did you pay? Thanks

white
    98 Camaro Z28

i ahve a set of ebony ws6 seats for sale, very nice shape, power bolstar/lumber, comes with the air pump and tube harnesses. PM me for pics if your intrested $750 shipped.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Kind of off topic, but is anyone else getting very poorly worn seats. I have the ebony leather and the seats are very smooth and do not feel like leather anymore.... hard to explain. They are smooth and are not soft at all, almost like plastic. Anyone else experience this?
    Are you cleaning and conditioning them? I keep mine in the garage and the windows are tinted to keep the sun from baking them but they have maintaned pretty well. But they aren't very comfortable to begin with, the TA seats look a heck of a lot better!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Joe00SS View Post
    Are you cleaning and conditioning them? I keep mine in the garage and the windows are tinted to keep the sun from baking them but they have maintaned pretty well. But they aren't very comfortable to begin with, the TA seats look a heck of a lot better!
    I bought the vehicle last summer with the seats already in that condition. Is there any way to bring them back short of replacement?

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I found them on ebay, paid about $600 for fronts, thats what they had in nice shape. I got backs separate for $100 - The condition was good, and I use a leather conditioner to keep them moist and not dried out. So far so good, I can see though what your talking about as far as the shining, it is kind of starting on mine. I am just going to keep it conditioned.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by DADillac View Post
    i ahve a set of ebony ws6 seats for sale, very nice shape, power bolstar/lumber, comes with the air pump and tube harnesses. PM me for pics if your intrested $750 shipped.
    I am sending a PM now. Thanks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    A heat gun?
    Yea, it makes the wrinkles easier to get out. You can also use a hair dryer, or even set em in the sun for a few hours.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Didnt know that would be ok to use on leather. How come every seat I have ever seen with leather seat covers has wrinkles? Even in the ads I see. Just curious-have you ever put a set on?

Thread Information