Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salvaged SS

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Salvaged SS

I have a 2002 SS and it has a salvaged title. I crashed last year and had the car rebuilt. It was all body damage and the motor was fine. My question is that i am trying to sell the car now and wondered if anyone knows how much it is worth. Basically the car looks and runs fine but it has a salvaged title from the DMV so everyone wants it cheap. Any idea's on how much it is actually worth?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

basically even though it carries a 'salvaged' title few people will be willing to pay top dollar for it. the reasons why: regardless of the body damage, the fact remains that with it being a uni-body design, any body panels (ie: rear quater panels which are metal) are considered structural and detrimental to the overall structural rigidity of the car. anytime you have to place a panel such as this, its considered major damage regardless of how well a shop does the repair work. also you didnt mention if there was any frame damage to the car as well. typically if there is the car in most cases will carry a salvage title for the same reason above (the structural integrity of the car has been comprimised. sometimes and rarely though, if you can show and prove the work was done by a certified repair shop or dealership you might be able to squeeze out a few extra dollars. just how much is anyones guess. sadly its only going to be worht what someone is willing to pay for it. just be honest with any potential buyer that crosses your path so the transaction is exactly what both parties want. nice, honest, and smooth. good luck with the cell. hope this helps and doesnt burst any bubbles or hopes...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

And you can't have full insurance coverage on a salvaged title vehicle...so someone is basically buying a ticking time bomb...one wreck that's your fault and the car is history.

So sadly your SS isn't worth much compared to a clean title SS...might be able to get half of what it's worth

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

Could you post pics. i might be willing to buy it

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Most salvaged vehicles are worth about 50% of a comparable clean titled vehicle.

i'd be extremely interested in buying it if i could c sum pictures and the price was right..... been looking for a new maro

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Here in WV my credit union will loan 60% of book on a reconstructed vehicle, so that is what typically they are worth.
    Also I had a car that I wrecked and had fixed with a reconstruct title. I was told that after it passed the DMV inspection, it is considered whole and insurable.
    If the title says salvage now, it should have a reconstructed vehicle title.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mxkx250
    Also I had a car that I wrecked and had fixed with a reconstruct title. I was told that after it passed the DMV inspection, it is considered whole and insurable.
    If the title says salvage now, it should have a reconstructed vehicle title.
    Having full coverage and being insurable are 2 different things....it's the law to have PLPD so yea a salvaged vehicle can be insured...but no collision or comp.

My dad completely restored and cherried out my old 92 chevy stepside that was wrecked and considered a total.....put 15,000 into it not including repairs. Every insurance place they call will only put PLPD on it...
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 04-09-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

You also have to consider that the minute you say SALVAGED.. the perspective buyer is going to be thinking how much he can talk you down on the price. Everyone is looking for a deal. So unfortunatly you will never get what its worth.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

your best bet is figuring out how to work around selling it and just keep it, for a while till it is an antique and it might be worth something, or just hold on to it for your own enjoyment,

the worst thing to do is compramise and sell it for half the book because of the title, you know that it is worth more that that, which is why u should just figure out a way to hang on to it

just my .02

I might be interested in buying it. Please send pics if you have them. Also, is it an M6 or A4? Miles? Thanks sobreiro3@yahoo.com

like I give a FUCK

05 gto
    stock n paid for

I have salvage and full coverage thru geico. true story.

J

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Quote Originally Posted by sercastiK
    I have salvage and full coverage thru geico. true story.

J
    Then you're probably paying a lot for nothing.

As soon as (read: if) you file a claim on its value, you're going to get next to nothing for it since they're going to come back at you and say it's salvage to begin with.

G

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    And you can't have full insurance coverage on a salvaged title vehicle...so someone is basically buying a ticking time bomb...one wreck that's your fault and the car is history.

So sadly your SS isn't worth much compared to a clean title SS...might be able to get half of what it's worth
    I don't know about Cal but this is not true in all states.........not in WI anyway. Around here they are worth about 2/3 of what they would be if they did not have a salvage title........

when you say salvaged.......it diminishes what it is worth unless you and the person that is buying it knows the shop and the quality of their work. So unless you had it done by a known pro in your area and you can sell it to someone that trusts that work, you will have a hard time getting out of it what you want................

Red
    1989 240sx

Hey im intrested in ur camaro SS

do u have pics of the car and engine....

whats ur price?

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Look at parting it out. I know it sounds TERRIBLE but you could come out far better financially speaking. Hell, everyone on this web site would prolly buy something off of it. If you got the tools to take her apart then I'd give that a go. Be smart tho, sell the whole engine not parts off of it. Get my drift. Downside is you wouldn't be getting a lump sum of cash lickity split. But I bet it wouldn't take long on this web site. Anyway, it was just a suggestion to promote thought.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Seriously, it all depends on where you live. My car was totalled in SC, rebuilt and issued a rebuilt title in NJ, and transferred to Texas a clean title with no notes even to hint at the history since it was declared a clean rebuild in NJ. Talked to an insurance agent and they say it is fully covered like a vehicle that was never damaged. Obviously on resale it will always have a stigma though, so it's still not a good situation to be in.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

One word for you EBAY !!!! haha if it looks good someone will not care

like I give a FUCK

05 gto
    stock n paid for

uh no. Geico pays ACV replacement value on the car , salvage dont do dick with them, believe me.

Thread Information