Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Be safe guys.

This is a discussion on Be safe guys. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman you are not getting my point..it doesn't matter how long the car takes to get ...

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you are not getting my point..it doesn't matter how long the car takes to get to the determined speed..its the will of the driver to drive at that determined speed. give a kid a prius and wants to drive 115..he will drive 115...give that same kid a f-body or corvette..he will drive 115.

BUT with the Prius you have more time to realize how stupid it is to be going that fast. You have to force the Prius to those speed.

Our horsepower demands more respect, because the next thing ya know you're flying, absorbing traffic issues scanning mirrors, listening to the mean exhaust note, by the time you realize you're going fast it might be too late.

coca cola RED
    02 Z28

naw dude. not sayin im a pro driver or nutin.. jus know when or when not to do hott shit. ill deff get sum pics up.. im trying to get my rims first then take pics.. cuz i got sum michelin pilots waitin on sum iforged astras..

-as far as mods
    slp intake
    dynatech supermaxx headers
    dynatech supermaxx pipes
    magnaflow mufflers
    stock exhaust tips.. took off myself, welded myself. looks shitty but no leaks.. im plannin on gettin pipes in the back instead of the stock flat tips..
    2500 stall converter
    eaton posi
    venom modules
    jet chip

and a fucked up ass oem brakes.. i need a whole new brake kit.. a whole front brake kit is big$$.. so no hp mods for now.. brembos comin on d way.

pics and a vid comin sooon

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by vonskeezy707 View Post
    naw dude. not sayin im a pro driver or nutin.. jus know when or when not to do hott shit. ill deff get sum pics up.. im trying to get my rims first then take pics.. cuz i got sum michelin pilots waitin on sum iforged astras..

-as far as mods
    slp intake
    dynatech supermaxx headers
    dynatech supermaxx pipes
    magnaflow mufflers
    stock exhaust tips.. took off myself, welded myself. looks shitty but no leaks.. im plannin on gettin pipes in the back instead of the stock flat tips..
    2500 stall converter
    eaton posi
    venom modules
    jet chip

and a fucked up ass oem brakes.. i need a whole new brake kit.. a whole front brake kit is big$$.. so no hp mods for now.. brembos comin on d way.

pics and a vid comin sooon
    i'm sorry but there is no way you have 423rwhp unless you left out a few things...

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Sucks to see kids losing their lives for something like that. Wish they had just pulled over.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Still going that fast alone is risking your life and your car. You can be the best damn driver in the world at 120mph there are some things that happen that noone can see coming or stop especially on the street. Now im not saying i have never gone fast cause that would be a lie. All im saying is dont state that you would never risk your life or your car when you admitted to doing just that.

define fast.... i dont go 120mph on a daily basis let alone even a monthly basis... thats just stupid or atleast where i live

anyway my definition of "fast" streetwise is just screwing around between red lights or on an empty road that i know like the back of my hand and i am alone so i am not endangering a friend or family and i dont consider it putting my life at risk.... i worked my ass off for the car and freak out if anyone even gets near it. therefore i dont put my car or my life at risk.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    define fast.... i dont go 120mph on a daily basis let alone even a monthly basis... thats just stupid or atleast where i live

anyway my definition of "fast" streetwise is just screwing around between red lights or on an empty road that i know like the back of my hand and i am alone so i am not endangering a friend or family and i dont consider it putting my life at risk.... i worked my ass off for the car and freak out if anyone even gets near it. therefore i dont put my car or my life at risk.

Daily, monthly w/e it only takes 1 time to kill yourself or your car so anytiem you do it thats a risk. Like i said im def no saint in terms of not speeding, hell i decided to take the 600rr out last night since i hadn't ridden it lately and open her up to 130 a couple times to stretch its legs, but I unlike you admit thats risking my life and my vehicles. Thats all im saying, not coming down on you for going fast.

Killing yourself is one thing. If they are happy doing it that way. That's not as big of a deal to me. More power to em'.
    It's when stupidity like that takes someone elses life that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Killing yourself is one thing. If they are happy doing it that way. That's not as big of a deal to me. More power to em'.
    It's when stupidity like that takes someone elses life that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Its even worse when the person driving fast and dumb is left alive and the person just going somewhere with the flow of traffic dies. Thats one of the worst most unfair scenarios in life IMO. If i were the driver I know I would have a pretty hard time dealing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Its even worse when the person driving fast and dumb is left alive and the person just going somewhere with the flow of traffic dies. Thats one of the worst most unfair scenarios in life IMO. If i were the driver I know I would have a pretty hard time dealing with that.
    Yep, I don't know how people even begin to deal with something like that.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah i dont really drive fast with friends in the car

midnight blue
    1995 chevy camero 4.3 L

I am 17 and I have a z28 and I drive fast.
    But I am not an idiot I don't reach very high speeds when there are other cars or people around. And even when I do get to have a little fun with my car I keep it at a reasonable speed. I am not going to risk my life or all of the hard work that I have put into my car just to impress some friends or to have a little fun.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

sad news not smart doing a 100 on the highway anyway but at night really not safe even though im sure we have all done it before. an running from the cops bad idea haha

any pictures of the car after?

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    i'm sorry but there is no way you have 423rwhp unless you left out a few things...
    agreed i have alot more then that an have 405-410 to the wheels take alot to get it to 420

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    sad news not smart doing a 100 on the highway anyway but at night really not safe even though im sure we have all done it before. an running from the cops bad idea haha

any pictures of the car after?
    No, just saw it on the evening news. There was no pic in the paper.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information