Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sad day...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

sad day...

my car was in a accident about 2 years ago... and got it done perfessionally... well hey said they used all oem parts including the ss hood...well today... was CLEAN THE CAR AND DO BREAKS DAY!... did it all and was cleaning the engine bay.. looked up at the hood and found 2 nice cracks in the hood... pissed me off! What the Hell... i paid good money... it was 8 g's in damages... also the hood started to chip its paint... well i am off to the shop tomorrow and i want the whole damn hood replaced! gawd it made me sad to see that...

2002 z28 camaro

friday i was on the way home from work and some asshole rear ended me, messed up my bumper, and he did not have insurance!

pewter
    ws6

that sucks sorry

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

this is why god invented honda civics, lol sorry guys, and as for the hood, yeah the rock chips aint there fault but if its flaking under neath then hell yeah, good luck

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

they ain't rock chips they are really chip coming off when washing the car

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    my car was in a accident about 2 years ago... and got it done perfessionally... well hey said they used all oem parts including the ss hood...well today... was CLEAN THE CAR AND DO BREAKS DAY!... did it all and was cleaning the engine bay.. looked up at the hood and found 2 nice cracks in the hood... pissed me off! What the Hell... i paid good money... it was 8 g's in damages... also the hood started to chip its paint... well i am off to the shop tomorrow and i want the whole damn hood replaced! gawd it made me sad to see that...
    Wow, after 2 years I hope you can get something done. Too bad you didn't notice the cracks sooner. Hope it works out for you.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Good luck after 2 years.........................depending on your insurance company, some guarantee the work for life

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

yup + 1 on it being that long ago i dont think your gonna get a hood out of the deal and sometimes your paint and clear coat warranty is more than a year but i dont see it good luck.

Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

Man that sucks. Hope you get it resolved correctly.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

2 years later, good luck with that. They might have screwed you, but little recourse after that much time..

I recommend you talk with your insurance agent and see how long they guarantee the work.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

2 years ago or 10 years ago, if they didnt use oem parts like they said they did, they should have to do something about it

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    2 years ago or 10 years ago, if they didnt use oem parts like they said they did, they should have to do something about it
    Well ya,,,,,they should,,,,,it would only be the right thing to do,,,,problem is there isn't anything in place to make companies correct something like this.
    Businesses make their own rules when it comes to guarantees on work, so it's up to their discretion whether they want to correct it.

If it's a body shop thats in the back pocket of your insurance company (meaning an insurance recommended shop) then it's possible your insurance company could have some leverage. The problem with recommended body shops through insurance companies though is they have an agreement with one another to setup a price structure for part replacement and labor, (saves insurance companies money),,and most of the time OEM parts are not part of the deal. Meaning if they can find aftermarket parts cheaper,,,thats what goes on,,,if anything at all.

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

Depending On The Paint They Used It May Be Covered For Life!!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

welp here is the thing... the guy said no can do to the paint.. and no can do to the hood... gm warrentied the hood for a year... soo all they can do it sand it down... apoxy it and paint it... soo i am sol... i might talk to my lawyer about this...

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

going through a lawyer might not be the best idea money wise. you'll probably end up spending more on lawyer fees than you would if you just got the hood repaired correctly. unfortunately. life sucks, then you die........

Hmmmm, I was under the impression that since your hood was cracked underneath,,,,,that they simply repaired a damage hood from the wreck rather than give you a brand spankin' new one.....Is this right or are you saying a brand new hood has cracked on it's own????

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

yup brand new hood is cracked... as of yesturday the apartments got pressure washed... mean the side walks and entry ways... well the threw up concrete from the walk paths... chipped my vinyl and my paint... and now is sounds like they can do shit either..

Aaa, a brand new hood is cracked.. That kinda changes things.

That could be anything from a manufacturing flaw, shipping damage, maybe the body shop dropped it, or possibly it just recently occured on it's own, maybe stressed somehow.

Since you just noticed it, it would be hard to prove any scenario. After 2 years there is probably no recourse.

Sounds like something you'll pay out of your pocket,,,that would be the fastest and easiest method. Probably not that expensive to repair anyway.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

the new gm hood is 2 g's

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    the new gm hood is 2 g's
    Ya I'm aware of that. I'm talking about repairs. Repairing what you have would be cheaper unless of course the damage is accessive.

Maybe pictures would help.

Thread Information