Blog Entries

Red
    98 Camaro SS

Rock and a hard place

i have a 98 SS camaro with the LS1. and i want to find a roller to put the motor in and i can't find one to put it in. what would be my best bet to finding a roller camaro and what year could that motor fit in? just the 98-02's? or could i slap it in a 97 or something like that? or could i find like a firebird or trans-am that year that had a v-8 n slap the ls1 in there? im stuck between a rock and hard place and i need help on a decesion. or if any one has a camaro roller and is looking to sell i am willing to part out my camaro to rack up some cash to buy.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Project LS1 View Post
    i have a 98 SS camaro with the LS1. and i want to find a roller to put the motor in and i can't find one to put it in. what would be my best bet to finding a roller camaro and what year could that motor fit in? just the 98-02's? or could i slap it in a 97 or something like that? or could i find like a firebird or trans-am that year that had a v-8 n slap the ls1 in there? im stuck between a rock and hard place and i need help on a decesion. or if any one has a camaro roller and is looking to sell i am willing to part out my camaro to rack up some cash to buy.
    craigslist is your friend on this.....i see em here and there here in houston.....whats wrong with the camaro you have? is it wrecked?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It will be simplest to install in a '98. You may have some minor issues installing it in '99 - '02 as I understand the wiring is a little different. Any retrofit into an older chassis can be accomplished as they manufacture a variety of motor mounts to accomodate the LS architecture. Again, the interface with your gauges and other electronics will be the issue. Make sure you keep the '98 PCM with the engine.

Blog Entries

Red
    98 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    craigslist is your friend on this.....i see em here and there here in houston.....whats wrong with the camaro you have? is it wrecked?
    i made a deal with a very close family member for it cuz it was wrecked n the front end but i rebuilt it...i put my money into it...cuz he didnt care bout it.. it was sitting n his yard rotting away for 9 years and i took it in september...i get it towed away to my house only to find out 3 months later he still owes money to the car n i cnt do nuthing to get it in my name...so its just been sittin n my garage all ready to go but o yea (no keys either) he lost them...i aint think that woulda been an issue considering he is family we coulda done that another time but i have yet to get a call back or text reply so now ive decided to strip the car n part it for my own cash n find like a 98 v6 shell or another ss to put my motor in..

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

You came on here months ago (probably around September, I'm sure, I DO remember your username), and you asked the same question as before. I also remember you saying something about a wrecked LS camaro and a family member.

You'll get the same answers as you did before. But Jeff got a little more technical, and is absolutely correct about the wiring. Are you asking about the whole setup, or just fitment issues? I've seen 2 guys locally take LT1 cars (one was a 93, the other a 97), and put the LS in 'em. Too much of a hassle if you ask me, and too much time and money. If you're curious about the swap, it would pay more than a few times over to go get the LS1 swap handbook. There are ones at my local parts store, but if you do a search online, I'm sure you can find something.

If you're dead-set serious on doing this, I can help you. So without trying to sound like an asshole, send me a PM with your main concerns and goals, and I'll be happy to help you

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    You came on here months ago (probably around September, I'm sure, I DO remember your username), and you asked the same question as before. I also remember you saying something about a wrecked LS camaro and a family member.

You'll get the same answers as you did before. But Jeff got a little more technical, and is absolutely correct about the wiring. Are you asking about the whole setup, or just fitment issues? I've seen 2 guys locally take LT1 cars (one was a 93, the other a 97), and put the LS in 'em. Too much of a hassle if you ask me, and too much time and money. If you're curious about the swap, it would pay more than a few times over to go get the LS1 swap handbook. There are ones at my local parts store, but if you do a search online, I'm sure you can find something.

If you're dead-set serious on doing this, I can help you. So without trying to sound like an asshole, send me a PM with your main concerns and goals, and I'll be happy to help you
    This thread:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134147

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    i see the grammar skills have improved.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i see the grammar skills have improved.
    Still lacks capitalization, punctuation and a few other odds and ends.

But yeah, an improvement nonetheless...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

You damn spelling nazi!!:

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    You damn spelling nazi!!:
    That be me!

And I saw your comment in the thread in AAG but didn't reply. I've been super busy at work and getting home late *sigh*

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

Thread Information