• Chrome C6Z06

18 60.00%
  • Black C6Z06

6 20.00%
  • Black C5

6 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Which rims for my SS

This is a discussion on Which rims for my SS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by youngrigo Did you talk to OEWheels about setting you up a package with the 18x8.5 and 18x10.5??? ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
    Did you talk to OEWheels about setting you up a package with the 18x8.5 and 18x10.5???
    i was gonna ask that too but figured it didnt matter since he had already bought them.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by youngrigo View Post
    Did you talk to OEWheels about setting you up a package with the 18x8.5 and 18x10.5???
    yeah I know I could have, but I've dealt with them before, and if I did that, I'm about 90% sure sure I'd have to pay for each rim individually, and end up spending a lot more money.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    yeah I know I could have, but I've dealt with them before, and if I did that, I'm about 90% sure sure I'd have to pay for each rim individually, and end up spending a lot more money.
    did it for me and it was practically the same price.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

none of the wheels. vette wheels on f-bodies look like ass, are over-played, and you look like everyone else. wow, vette wheels must be so cool, i guess im missing out.

i dare you to be different, stick out from the rest. dont follow the crowd and use the pussy exucse, "i like 'em cause they're cheap, or best wheel for the money BS" buy cheap wheels and you end up with a cheap look. be a man!!! cough up a little more and make your car pop!

im sick of seeing peeps posting up pics of their rides with crappy-ass vette wheels.

consider Stern wheels, BC Junkyard dogs, or the ROH RT

i suppose its disclaimer time: to advoid the ink, cause i sure would hate to upset anyone with my opinion. however, if my words have made you cry, hurt your feelings, or robbed you of your rainbow shining, butterfly flying and magical unicorn day, it's only because you have not pleased the f-body gods by going with vette wheels on your car!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    none of the wheels. vette wheels on f-bodies look like ass, are over-played, and you look like everyone else. wow, vette wheels must be so cool, i guess im missing out.

i dare you to be different, stick out from the rest. dont follow the crowd and use the pussy exucse, "i like 'em cause they're cheap, or best wheel for the money BS" buy cheap wheels and you end up with a cheap look. be a man!!! cough up a little more and make your car pop!

im sick of seeing peeps posting up pics of their rides with crappy-ass vette wheels.

consider Stern wheels, BC Junkyard dogs, or the ROH RT

i suppose its disclaimer time: to advoid the ink, cause i sure would hate to upset anyone with my opinion. however, if my words have made you cry, hurt your feelings, or robbed you of your rainbow shining, butterfly flying and magical unicorn day, it's only because you have not pleased the f-body gods by going with vette wheels on your car!
    I completely agree with you on this one. Vette wheels are overplayed. Not to say they look bad, but they are so unoriginal.

The BC JD's look like glorified TTII's IMO. The ROH RT wheels don't do it for me either. The Stern collection I do like. Some may say the designs are a little tunerish... but I like them. Some of them remind me of the old F40 wheels. I've always been a fan of BBS' just because of the racing heritage too.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I apologize....I have higher priorities in life than spending money on rims......

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

anyway, I'm not much for the junkyard dogs....never looked at sterns. I do like the ROH wheels, but i think they only look good on trans ams

i like simple rims, thin 5 spoke design. CCW's are honestly my favorite, but i know as soon as i get some, ill curb rash the hell out of them.

Its actually a good thing i waited, I lost it on some ice last week and took the whole lip off one rim running it down a median....that sucked

as far as camaros go, vette rims and CCWs are about the only thing i liked.

and atleast im not getting factory vette rims, these just follow that style.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I completely agree with you on this one.
    see, we can play nice together!

im trying my bestest with the rest.

I apologize....I have higher priorities in life than spending money on rims......

...Its actually a good thing i waited, I lost it on some ice last week and took the whole lip off one rim running it down a median....
    based on your following post, it appears you, in fact, don't.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

What I was getting at, is that I don't feel the need to spend a lot of money on rims, I dont feel the need to go bragging about how special mine are, etc etc.

i dont like the rims that came on the car, theyre all curb rashed up anyway. It iced here last thursday, i got turned sideways on the loop, and rather than hit the curb head on, I chose to cock the wheels and run down the flat face, i knew this would rash the shit out of them, but A.) theyre getting replaced, B.) thats better than hitting it head on which could bend a rim, dent a k- member, even hop the curb and go into on coming traffic, and C.) by doing this it turned me back straight and prevented the 3rd part of situation B from happening

I figured a little (lot) of curb rash is better than ruining a suspension.

but back on topic. Tirerack has been giving me serious grief over these tires, first they called me to verify that i knew that 295 is wider than stock....yeah...got that.

Then they called because ive got BFG out back, and Firestone up front. yeah....got that

Then they called because they needed a landline on my account, which is dumb. the only land line i have access to is at work. Its a large hospital, and took forever for them to verify the main number to the hospital, then to also navigate with the operator to get to me....sounds simple, but it was a 4 hours ordeal. Then i hard to deal with the fact that my billing and shipping addresses are different. I'm buying a house right now, so I wanted everything sent to my girlfriends house. also kind of sucks getting rims and tires sent to an apt.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

but back on topic. Tirerack has been giving me serious grief over these tires, first they called me to verify that i knew that 295 is wider than stock....yeah...got that.

Then they called because ive got BFG out back, and Firestone up front. yeah....got that

Then they called because they needed a landline on my account, which is dumb. the only land line i have access to is at work. Its a large hospital, and took forever for them to verify the main number to the hospital, then to also navigate with the operator to get to me....sounds simple, but it was a 4 hours ordeal. Then i hard to deal with the fact that my billing and shipping addresses are different. I'm buying a house right now, so I wanted everything sent to my girlfriends house. also kind of sucks getting rims and tires sent to an apt.
    that's really weird. i have never had a problem like that with them, granted i live in the same town as their headquaters and typically just go there to buy what i want and have them put them on the car for me. the last set i bought like 2 weeks ago I was forced to buy them over the phone and i order 275s and 315s and they didnt say a word. i dunno if you called the 800 number or their home office. home office seems to be a lot better.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

this has run it's course. post a new thread when you get them installed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information