Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

race stories/sad crash stories

care to share any good race stories, against good opponents or maybe some sad crash stories at one point they all happen either a street race couse some punk rev his engine at you... or some how you lost control and lost it share any experience you had with your f body

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Most recent "race story"....

Came across a "sueded out" (flat black everything) C6 in Cali late one night. We pranced a bit (1st gear "nudges") then came to a red light (he slowed down for it and the driver ahead of me sped thru the yellow - PERFECT!).

I don't think he expected my very stock looking Z28 to get the jump on him but I did. I had to turn at the next light so it was only about a 50 yard run but I had him all the way...

The guys at the hotel (they were outside hanging) said they heard the tire screech when we started.

FWIW the license plate on my car is "TIRFRYR" and with the stock tires on you gotta pedal it to get it to hook up...

Hey P, maybe you can move this thread for the kid?

BTW, I've got some sad stories also...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 06-23-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Move thread?????
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Most recent "race story"....

Came across a "sueded out" (flat black everything) C6 in Cali late one night. We pranced a bit (1st gear "nudges") then came to a red light (he slowed down for it and the driver ahead of me sped thru the yellow - PERFECT!).

I don't think he expected my very stock looking Z28 to get the jump on him but I did. I had to turn at the next light so it was only about a 50 yard run but I had him all the way...

The guys at the hotel (they were outside hanging) said they heard the tire screech when we started.

FWIW the license plate on my car is "TIRFRYR" and with the stock tires on you gotta pedal it to get it to hook up...

Hey P, maybe you can move this thread for the kid?

BTW, I've got some sad stories also...

I started to move it, but since he asked for sad crash stories, that doesn't really fit into the kill story section

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Ok, now for a sad story (at my age you tend to get a few)...

In 1978 I had a 1969 SS 396 Chevelle. I was heading home after a night out with the GF and friends when I got into a 3-way with a newish (for 78) TA and a 70-73 Z28.

I got ahead of both of them (my car was modded - nobody left them stock back then either) and cruised to the next intersection.

Turns out the guy in the on-coming left turn traffic lane had a few too many to drink and thought he saw a green left turn arrow where there was none. I OTOH, had a green light. Fat lotta good that did me (well, I didn't get a ticket - he did). Needless to say my car didn't fare very well against a dually stake bed truck.

I hit him in the right front fender, pushing him into the oncoming cross traffic lane (fortunately it was ~2am and there was no cross traffic). My car then carommed into the side of the truck (IE, spin 90 deg clockwise putting the drivers side of my car into the bed of the truck) wiping out the entire front and left side of the car. After that impact it spun 180 deg counterclockwise and came to rest. Yes, the GF (wife to be) and I had seat belts on and I credit them with saving our lives.

I turned to look at her right before we hit (I was in the fast lane and had travelled 3 lanes to the right in an effort to NOT hit the truck) and saw she had a death grip on the dash. She rag dolled forward then back during impact (her glasses ended up in the back seat when she whiplashed back and forth).

I was travelling ~55 and didn't put the brakes on till the last second as I couldn't believe what was unfolding before my very eyes. I expected the truckdriver to see the error of his ways and stop to let me go around. Needless to say that scenario did not unfold as I expected.

All this happened 4 blocks away from home.

I've got more stories (and a couple of close calls) but I'll let others chime in 1st.

2000 Camaro z28

No story really, but I have had my camaro for a month now, and I have yet to find a race. I never see anyone who wants to race, or any idiots riding around in ricers. I even went out for a 2 hour ride up and down the Roosevelt boulevard, and got nothing. There was a guy in a 2010 C6 Z06 that was in the wrong isle who was lookin over and revving, but by the time I got over, he had turned off. Of course, as soon as I leave my house in my V6 F150, there are ass hole ricers and mustang gt's all over driving like idiots too. It's driving me nuts!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I usually take my TA when I go look at SS since I'm trying to find a clean 01 or prefferably 02 black but will consider any color but red. I love the SOM SS this guy in the club has with the chambered exhaust and cam. Never a Vette, TA, GT, or Camaro around until I go get in my Trailblazer I6 or my almost stock and running rough AOD LX 5.0 vert. Then the cars come out of every side street and bush so I know how you feel. I got lucky coming home and found a young guy in a new Nismo prepped 370Z I got to race and a 06 gt with the Cali stripes but those weren't much of a race even from a 55 roll with my A4 against 2 manual cars. I did get to race a modded LT1 SS that was kinda fun since it was a 6apd he gave me a decent run. The only good run was a 04 Termi cobra we were door to door from a 55 roll to 130 then I backed off since no one was pulling and we were in a 45 zone and cops are usually out on that road at night.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Only 1 sad race story in the SS:

Kid in a red WS6 kept revving at me so I played back after we got into the open on a long straight away. Raced from a 2nd gear roll and I won. Went at it again from a 3rd gear roll and I won. I went to shift out of 4th gear and the gear shifter was stuck in 4th. I broke my 3-4 synchronizer keys. That was an expensive ass kill.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

i got a couple off race stories... the other day i was coming home after dropping the gf around 12 midnight wen i saw some head lights that look weird coming fast would't you know it it was a ws6 as soon as i saw that i started following him and finally catch up on a red light... we took off he keep up with me thro third gear after that i started pulling on him by like a car lane we stop at the next red light and i ask him wat he had.. he said it was a 98 t/a ws6 bone stock with 69,000 auto.. i told the dude dam i cant belive a z28 took a ws6 the dude was cool just a fellow f body driver he even told me to drive safe...

2002 camaro z28 m6/slp exhaust

2000 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    i got a couple off race stories... the other day i was coming home after dropping the gf around 12 midnight wen i saw some head lights that look weird coming fast would't you know it it was a ws6 as soon as i saw that i started following him and finally catch up on a red light... we took off he keep up with me thro third gear after that i started pulling on him by like a car lane we stop at the next red light and i ask him wat he had.. he said it was a 98 t/a ws6 bone stock with 69,000 auto.. i told the dude dam i cant belive a z28 took a ws6 the dude was cool just a fellow f body driver he even told me to drive safe...

2002 camaro z28 m6/slp exhaust
    M6 probably helped you out a bit IMO

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

Quote Originally Posted by rappin_ernie View Post
    M6 probably helped you out a bit IMO
    yeah it help out a lotte and so did the slp catback

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

No story really, but I have had my camaro for a month now, and I have yet to find a race. I never see anyone who wants to race, or any idiots riding around in ricers. I even went out for a 2 hour ride up and down the Roosevelt boulevard, and got nothing. There was a guy in a 2010 C6 Z06 that was in the wrong isle who was lookin over and revving, but by the time I got over, he had turned off. Of course, as soon as I leave my house in my V6 F150, there are ass hole ricers and mustang gt's all over driving like idiots too. It's driving me nuts!
    Cause all the ricers now your out and about and dont want to feel ashamed haha

2000 Camaro z28

lol, i roasted a newer civic with some gay ass mods, white wheels, lowered, fart can, etc. I was turnin right and it was red, he made a left from the other side and was gunnin it all the way, so I went on red, burned out for 150+ feet and blew by him with the tires still spinning, and his stupid fart can was going all out the whole way lol. He wouldn't look over at me at the next red light.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

lol, i roasted a newer civic with some gay ass mods, white wheels, lowered, fart can, etc. I was turnin right and it was red, he made a left from the other side and was gunnin it all the way, so I went on red, burned out for 150+ feet and blew by him with the tires still spinning, and his stupid fart can was going all out the whole way lol. He wouldn't look over at me at the next red light.

Gotta love it! i know if i owned any car of that sort the only mods i would throw in is mpg mods air filter tires and what not and a good stereo system thats it

2000 Camaro z28

I was kind of being an ass hole driving like that, but he was in his gay car gunning it with a girl in the passenger seat, so I had to put him down lol. Not to mention I almost died fishtailing into the oncoming lane lol. It was a 4 lane road, but still, there's not enough room in the left lane for an f-body thats squirling all over the road lol.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

I was kind of being an ass hole driving like that, but he was in his gay car gunning it with a girl in the passenger seat, so I had to put him down lol. Not to mention I almost died fishtailing into the oncoming lane lol. It was a 4 lane road, but still, there's not enough room in the left lane for an f-body thats squirling all over the road lol.

I love it when there is a girl involved in whooping some ass haha

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

First off I just want to say racing should be kept at the track.

That being said...

Sitting at a stop light on a road that opens up into a freeway and I look in my mirror and see a Hyndai Tiburon weaving in and out of the traffic behind me to get into the opposite lane I was in. He pulls up next to me blaring his hippity hoppity music with his 16 year old girlfriend in the passenger seat. He too was of that age group, and he was staring at me laughing.... MMMMMKKKK me says and sat there waiting for the light to turn... had to turn up my Motley Crue to drown out his hippity hop. Light goes green and I take off normally in first gear. He however punched it, which was a joke. So I nailed it too, went thru second at WOT and shifted to 4th and slowed down. I don't like to race much over the speed limit. I looked in my mirror and he was WAY back there. So I lol'ed and kept cruising. Look in my mirror again and he was now in my lane FLYING up behind me. Got about a car length behind me and swerved over in pure ricer flyby fashion. To each their own I suppose... This was pre cam/pre clutch/and pre rear end... not that it matters.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sounds like you need some suspension mods if your ass end is all over the road...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Sounds like you need some suspension mods if your ass end is all over the road...
    Driver mod? Or, the ever popular, Don't kill other motorists mod.

2000 Camaro z28

My suspension is just fine, it's not lowered, but I have all edelbrock panhards, trailbars and such. It stays nice and straight except when I make it fish around witch I think is fun . I had straightened it out before I blew past him anyway.

Thread Information