Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

race stories/sad crash stories

This is a discussion on race stories/sad crash stories within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by rappin_ernie No story really, but I have had my camaro for a month now, and I have ...

Pewter
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by rappin_ernie View Post
    No story really, but I have had my camaro for a month now, and I have yet to find a race. I never see anyone who wants to race, or any idiots riding around in ricers. I even went out for a 2 hour ride up and down the Roosevelt boulevard, and got nothing. There was a guy in a 2010 C6 Z06 that was in the wrong isle who was lookin over and revving, but by the time I got over, he had turned off. Of course, as soon as I leave my house in my V6 F150, there are ass hole ricers and mustang gt's all over driving like idiots too. It's driving me nuts!
    yooo u live right there in warminster bro!?!?! U should come out with me on time do some ricer stompin. hahaaa but really There are always meets at sonic on street road and sometimes forman mills off the boulevard, on welsh! Come thru sometime.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Another "Sad story" about that same Chevelle but before I totaled it...

I got out of the Army in May of 78 and the SS 396 Chevelle was my only ride. Well, as happens, I met a chick (even back then Muscle Cars attracted chicks). Her bro had a 69 SS 396 also, only his was a 4-speed where as mine was a Th400.

Well 1 day/night we decided to cruise Beach Blvd (you OC folks know where of I speak) looking for chicks (even though I was sleeping with his sister I had a rep to uphold) in my car and, yes we picked up a couple of chicks and got their phone number (the "date" is another story entirely).

Well, on the way home (after a few "adult" beverages) I decided to show him my car (modded with headers, a good dual exhaust and an aluminum intake with a Holley 750 double pumper) was every bit as fast as his car. We got waayyyyyy over triple digits (car had a 3.07 geared 12-bolt) going westbound on the 91 (headed towards the South Bay from the OC) when I came upon a car wandering between 2-3 lanes (it was ~3am). I went to the left when he decided he wanted my lane as well as the other 2 he was using.

An anecdote: I'd put station wagon springs in the rear as I had N50-15 tires (old timers will know what I'm talking about) that were as wide as the wheel well would allow (actually slightly wider). Those were the widest tires they made back in the day + it was the 70's - tires sticking out beyond the wheel well was the "in thing". The station wagon springs on a coupe was a thing you did to get the ass end up high enough to clear the tires in the event the air shocks gave up the ghost. This changed the handling charicteristics of the car but I didn't realize it at the time (I was in my early 20's at the time and not as knowledgeable about cars as I am now).

Well, I went hard left to avoid the wandering driver. I went WAAYYY to the left, corrected back to the right, back to the left and then I find myself going sideways at 90mph (drivers side forward) down the 91! The wide front (G60-15 front tires) as well as the wide back tires kept me from flipping it. Well the car skidded to a stop and turned 180 deg counter clockwise. This left me with the front of the car in the median and the ass end of the car in the fast lane. I look up... While dude dives out of the car!!!! I see a VW bug barrelling straight towards me! OH SHYTE! He's gonna hit me broadside - with ME ON THAT SIDE! FUCKFUCKFUCK! Car wouldn't start (it stalled out in the spin). VW turns at the last second and plows into the drivers side quarter panel - bending the bumper like a pretzel, trashing the quarter panel and knocking the drivers side tail lamp all to shit.

The kicker??? The VW KEEPS ON GOING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? He didn't stop!!!!! Even though the crash was my fault and he wiped out the drivers side of his car!!!!!!

I got it started, dude jumps back into the car and I gave chase. Never found him. For years I looked for green VW bugs with damage to the drivers side.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 06-25-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Pewter
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by rappin_ernie View Post
    I was kind of being an ass hole driving like that, but he was in his gay car gunning it with a girl in the passenger seat, so I had to put him down lol. Not to mention I almost died fishtailing into the oncoming lane lol. It was a 4 lane road, but still, there's not enough room in the left lane for an f-body thats squirling all over the road lol.
    i know that kid, names daryl and always rides around wit his girl. he talks mad shit on camaros every time I see him he asks when im gettin rid of that thing. every time he asks, I just ask "when are u gettin a real car" hahaaa!!! Works every time....
    Last edited by DVrec21; 06-25-2010 at 12:03 AM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    i know that kid, names daryl and always rides around wit his girl. he talks mad shit on camaros every time I see him he asks when im gettin rid of that thing. every time he asks, I just ask "when are u gettin a real car" hahaaa!!! Works every time....
    Fuck a ricer. Mostly they're no contest and not worth the fuel...

White and black
    2001 SS Artic white

death of a 01

Mine is a crash story,

it was around 1:30am and i am hanging with a bunch of honda guys AKA suped up inports, and one dude was bugging me all night to race his Turbo-ed GTI VW, so 2am rolls around and i said sure why not after saying no all night.

so we roll up to where they want to race im new to the crowed and have no idea where we are going so we are all trailing gti in front me behind him and he starts to stop on a stretch of road i am unsure of but give it a go,

launch all wrong so he is in front and we are cooking about 140 and blow threw a stoplight and the road starts to cut to the right i start to turn and the back end just slides out. this is where i needed a few people and the police to help me reconstruct what happened.

my car started sliding and left 480ft of skids before hitting a dirt pile on the side of the road, ( i just happened to find a new freeway they where building) i hit the pile of dirt at about 80 sideways they estimated, now the unclear part is how i got down the hill some say i flipped some say it just endowed but none are for sure. all i now is i flew down a 120ft hill under construction only made it 40ft and the car landed flat and berried itself 4ft down. I'm out....wake up to the dude i was racing going what the fuck. cops are already showing up and he jets. long story short i have a broken back, my L2 was fractured and now fused to my L3 2 weeks in the hospital and my 01 z28 i took 2years rebuilding is totaled. do i regret it Fuck yes i do. but i am a very lucky guy, I am alive, i broke my back and i still can walk, some dude in the crowd told the cops we where racing and went to court and walked away with only a neg 2. will i ever race illegality again Fuck NO. I will post b4 and after shots in my next post.

White and black
    2001 SS Artic white

My friends and i think it was becase i was rolling with my t-tops off my i lost traction but IDK

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin's Z View Post
    Mine is a crash story,

it was around 1:30am and i am hanging with a bunch of honda guys AKA suped up inports, and one dude was bugging me all night to race his Turbo-ed GTI VW, so 2am rolls around and i said sure why not after saying no all night.

so we roll up to where they want to race im new to the crowed and have no idea where we are going so we are all trailing gti in front me behind him and he starts to stop on a stretch of road i am unsure of but give it a go,

launch all wrong so he is in front and we are cooking about 140 and blow threw a stoplight and the road starts to cut to the right i start to turn and the back end just slides out. this is where i needed a few people and the police to help me reconstruct what happened.

my car started sliding and left 480ft of skids before hitting a dirt pile on the side of the road, ( i just happened to find a new freeway they where building) i hit the pile of dirt at about 80 sideways they estimated, now the unclear part is how i got down the hill some say i flipped some say it just endowed but none are for sure. all i now is i flew down a 120ft hill under construction only made it 40ft and the car landed flat and berried itself 4ft down. I'm out....wake up to the dude i was racing going what the fuck. cops are already showing up and he jets. long story short i have a broken back, my L2 was fractured and now fused to my L3 2 weeks in the hospital and my 01 z28 i took 2years rebuilding is totaled. do i regret it Fuck yes i do. but i am a very lucky guy, I am alive, i broke my back and i still can walk, some dude in the crowd told the cops we where racing and went to court and walked away with only a neg 2. will i ever race illegality again Fuck NO. I will post b4 and after shots in my next post.
    You sir are a very lucky man. I'm glad to see you're ok and you've learned from the mistakes. Excessive street racing is a recipe for disaster... I know we're all young and dumb, but we still want to get to the point in our lives where we're old and wise.

Pewter
    02 Camaro SS SLP

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Driver mod? Or, the ever popular, Don't kill other motorists mod.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

dam dude that sucks but still your very lucky my friend... i got a sad storie two so my cousin had this bad ass 01 camaro ss...That car is what got me into f bodys before that i used to love trucks like the 03 silverado ss, but that car was beautiful it was a 01 camaro ss with c5 corvette rims it had a full borla exhaust with some kind off headers it also had slp cold air system on it.. That car was a beast im sure it was pushing out like 380 or 400 hp and i don't think nun was done to the suspension plus he purchase it wen he was 16 and i was also 16 so were both really young with a high horsepower car that's bound to be a disaster.. one night we took the beast out for a spin thro gentry rood wen some pontiac car started rev his engine at us it was the maro first race..so we took off and left him with out even a challenge it took him for ever to catch up finally he cough up at a red light and he still wants to go..so we take off again dis time the car did its best launch but out off nowhere its starts fish tailing from side to side my cuss lost complete control and we start doing 180 finally we jump a curve hit a light pole and broke the light pole in have and it landed on top off us we completely total the car spend one night at the hospital the police report said we where leaving skid marks at 80 mph that car was both a beast and beautiful and we total it on is first race to this day i still dont know why the maro lost traction it, it was a straight road with fresh nito tires so who knows why he lost control you live and learn i guess

2000 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    yooo u live right there in warminster bro!?!?! U should come out with me on time do some ricer stompin. hahaaa but really There are always meets at sonic on street road and sometimes forman mills off the boulevard, on welsh! Come thru sometime.
    dooood! When is the next one??

Sebring Silver
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    dam dude that sucks but still your very lucky my friend... i got a sad storie two so my cousin had this bad ass 01 camaro ss...That car is what got me into f bodys before that i used to love trucks like the 03 silverado ss, but that car was beautiful it was a 01 camaro ss with c5 corvette rims it had a full borla exhaust with some kind off headers it also had slp cold air system on it.. That car was a beast im sure it was pushing out like 380 or 400 hp and i don't think nun was done to the suspension plus he purchase it wen he was 16 and i was also 16 so were both really young with a high horsepower car that's bound to be a disaster.. one night we took the beast out for a spin thro gentry rood wen some pontiac car started rev his engine at us it was the maro first race..so we took off and left him with out even a challenge it took him for ever to catch up finally he cough up at a red light and he still wants to go..so we take off again dis time the car did its best launch but out off nowhere its starts fish tailing from side to side my cuss lost complete control and we start doing 180 finally we jump a curve hit a light pole and broke the light pole in have and it landed on top off us we completely total the car spend one night at the hospital the police report said we where leaving skid marks at 80 mph that car was both a beast and beautiful and we total it on is first race to this day i still dont know why the maro lost traction it, it was a straight road with fresh nito tires so who knows why he lost control you live and learn i guess
    sorry to hear man
    thats how i got into these camaros too was from my cousin
    its true though, we really gotta drive safe and gotta expect that unexpected, even if its some other jack ass on the road
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6 Hard Top - Sebring Silver - All Original, Bone stock
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top - Arctic White - Free Mods, Lid, TB Bypass, 160* stat, Racetronix HP255Lph, Exhaust cutout, LT1 Eibach Springs, Bilstein HDs, Poly Sway Bushings, BMR STB, Torsen gear LSD 10 Bolt

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

allrite so the other nite i was goin to kfc for a snack wen i hit a red light and out of nowhere i nissan 350z pulls up and rev's his engine he was with his gf so i dint want to embarrass the guy to much as son as the light turn green we took off i only gave the guy two gears he keep up on the first pretty good but once i got into second i started to pull on him i came to 5rpm and i let off, couse i was starting to pull on him i dint want to embarrass him to much as he pass me by his gf just keep staring into my z28 with a big smile lolz por guy he needs i real car but i give the 350z respect there actually pretty fast for a v6

2002 camaro z28 m6

slp catback
    ls6 intake

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    allrite so the other nite i was goin to kfc for a snack wen i hit a red light and out of nowhere i nissan 350z pulls up and rev's his engine he was with his gf so i dint want to embarrass the guy to much as son as the light turn green we took off i only gave the guy two gears he keep up on the first pretty good but once i got into second i started to pull on him i came to 5rpm and i let off, couse i was starting to pull on him i dint want to embarrass him to much as he pass me by his gf just keep staring into my z28 with a big smile lolz por guy he needs i real car but i give the 350z respect there actually pretty fast for a v6

2002 camaro z28 m6

slp catback
    ls6 intake

OP we do have a kill stories section. I know Y2K mentioned it at the start of this thread. I noticed your posts are of race kill's not sad stories. Time to close this thread and post kill's in the kill section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information