Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

R&T on the 2007 Camaro

This is a discussion on R&T on the 2007 Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If they do all that retro crap, I sure won't buy one, I'll just stick with the cars I have ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

If they do all that retro crap, I sure won't buy one, I'll just stick with the cars I have now. C'mon, aren't those retro Mustanks ugly, not to mention much less aerodynamic? Should GM go backwards to copy Ford?

1999 Chevy Camaro

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    If they do all that retro crap, I sure won't buy one, I'll just stick with the cars I have now. C'mon, aren't those retro Mustanks ugly, not to mention much less aerodynamic? Should GM go backwards to copy Ford?
    I think retro done right is ok, but if turned to the dark side , can be a very very ugly thing.

I however disagree with you on the new Ford. I do like what they did with the new Mustang. To me it looks much better than where the car was heading. More streamlined and less bulky, and of course more like the classic. Now I will agree that a Camaro will (IMHO) never look good retro. I've seen the mock ups and it doesn't work for me. Same thing goes for the Corvett (ie. you can't go backwards and have it still be cool). They should keep on going with the style of the last generation and improve upon it. Go foward not backward. As long as Chevy doesn't screw it up like Dodge did with the (god awful) Charger or go retro like Ford,... we should be ok .

Thats my $0.02, and I'm sticking to it!

Rob

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1freak
    man it would be hot if they brought back the gremlin!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah baby !!

Rob

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Would like to see the new SS with the LS7 option...427 small block..

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedZ28
    Would like to see the new SS with the LS7 option...427 small block..
    I would go for an SS with that kind of option, as long as it's not copy cat retro crap. retro

If I want old styles, I'd buy an old one and customize it how I want it. That's more unique and much classier (IMHO).

But, hey, whatever floats one's boat. I just will not buy a retro Camaro.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by SS#1531
    Yeah I would like to see the Z28 with a little more HP than 300. We don't want stock 4th gens to be faster than stock 5th gens. I do like the idea of there being a real HP difference between the Z28 and the SS though. What would be nice is if by the time it comes out, (if it does) that the base Corvette is putting out about 425hp, then the Z28 can have about 350hp, and the SS 400hp. Even more would be better, but I'm being realistic. Oh and I'd love it if the M6's had a 3.73 or even 4.10 option.

I'm a college student and I'm not rich, but I was wondering. When you buy a new car from a dealer ship, is it easy to tell them exactly how you want your car like and they order it for you that way with the options that are available?

I mean like color of paint, leather t-tops, 4.10s, nitrous, supercharged, power antenna, and so on.

I put nitrous in there because I saw a z06 ordered that way once. I SAW IT

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

What ever happens when I graduate, I'm coming out like Dave Chappelle, "I'm riiiiich bitch!" HAHAHA I graduate about 2008. I don't want to go above a Vette(Z06) and not below Camaro(SS). I like Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but I'll save to get one of those for when I'm old.

When I get enough I plan to buy my new camaro cash so I won't pay all that finance bs. I'll make it as bad as a ferrari though. To me that's what's cool, taking something pretty nice and blowing it out of proportion even beyond the exotics.

I know you guys have seen some bad vettes that would blow some Ferraris and Lambos doors off. That's what I like. I like making it look good at the same time though.

I guess I like being the underdog and exceeding others' expectations

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yes , I understand about the retro. Did you ever see the first drawings of the new Charger. It looked very retro, but then they came out with that "thing". I am hopeing they comeout with an american GTO and call it a Chevelle. Now that would be something.

Silver
    '02 WS6

I think the retro look is over rated!!!! I think the new Mustang looks like shit and so does this retro Camaro in the pics. That was then and this is now... Get over it!!! I want to see a more modern looking Camaro that will out perform the competition in handling and acceleration.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

sorry but I can't help but say that the '05 Gt in black looks bad as hell to me. With all 4 of those giant fog light looking things, it looks pretty mean. It's funny how a black base model version doesn't really appeal to me

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Honboy1
    I think the retro look is over rated!!!! I think the new Mustang looks like shit and so does this retro Camaro in the pics. That was then and this is now... Get over it!!! I want to see a more modern looking Camaro that will out perform the competition in handling and acceleration.
    the new Mustank is one ugly and stanking thing. I almost every time I see one or smell one.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

you have to say that black GT looks mean in the front, YOU KNOW IT I still like F-bodies better of course

1999 Chevy Camaro

I like the new mustangs. But the engines suck to the point that a geo can out run them. Damn gas prices are forcing car companies to make smaller and weaker engines to get people to buy new cars and say they get good milage. The new Camaro might fall to this as well.

Rob

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Musclecars have been a victim of this since the 70's one way or another

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

Well GM needs to shit or get off the pot.They are on the verge of bankruptcy and screw the canadians.You can renig on a deal,buisnesses do it all the time.GM needs another rear wheel drive car to market to police departments and a performance car besides the vette to go up against ford and dodge.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I know man because the vette isn't even classified as a musclecar. I mean it has the hot rod image but a true muscle car was something with the traditional 4seats(a few acceptions), long hood, short trunk, Lots of power and affordable price for guys between 18-34 or something like that. The only musclecar from GM now is the GTO which I'd rather not have, but it is improving. I mean they're forgetting about us or something. They've forgotten about the people who run the streets with our(most of us) 320+hp and us who love nice smokey burnouts and all that.

1999 Chevy Camaro

GM just doesn't care anymore . I read in the paper that they'er going to lay off 30,000 people from all of they'er plants. Because the cars they are making aren't making them any money. I wonder why... .

Rob

Corrected the typo .
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 11-24-2005 at 01:32 PM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Everybody vote me for President of GM and I promise to bring back the Camaro and Firebird.

Necction
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    GM just doesn't care anymore . I read in the paper that they'er going to lay off 300,000 people from all of they'er plants. Because the cars they are making aren't making them any money. I wonder why... .

Rob
    Well 30,000 people anyway, I know its prolly a typo , but cmon its a difference of 270,000 people

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Say thank you to the UAW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information