Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

R.I.P. 1999 Camaro SS... Totaled.

This is a discussion on R.I.P. 1999 Camaro SS... Totaled. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Unbelievable!!!! Happy + surprised to hear no one hurt. I wonder how many of these cars are lost per year, ...

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Unbelievable!!!! Happy + surprised to hear no one hurt.

I wonder how many of these cars are lost per year, they are getting scarcer all the time.
    Has anyone ever heard of any #'s of how many were lost to Katrina, I'm sure there must have been a few.

PS.Is that ramgrass hood salvageable.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic-z View Post
    Unbelievable!!!! Happy + surprised to hear no one hurt.

I wonder how many of these cars are lost per year, they are getting scarcer all the time.
    Has anyone ever heard of any #'s of how many were lost to Katrina, I'm sure there must have been a few.

PS.Is that ramgrass hood salvageable.
    sal_vegetable.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

1st off it's good to see you're ok and sorry to hear about your loss. I'm right in your age range so I know how much it's got to be killing you of the wreck and the cost of it.

2nd, I'm looking at the 2nd picture of it upside down and can't help but notice how you've turned the wheel completely in the opposite direction as much as possible. My advice to you, is that if you can get yourself on some really icy roads with your future f-body, be sure to learn how to keep control of any situation. Practice makes perfect, and after driving around on all the snow and ice I did in N.J. makes driving in C.A easy enough to do with my eyes close.

silver
    1996 z28

tell you one thing. I'm an EMT and work on a fire dept. see traumatized people all the time. Brains blood and guts hanging out. But its all different when you see an f body's guts hangin out like that. I'm glad you all are ok. RIP fellow camaro.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    1st off it's good to see you're ok and sorry to hear about your loss. I'm right in your age range so I know how much it's got to be killing you of the wreck and the cost of it.

2nd, I'm looking at the 2nd picture of it upside down and can't help but notice how you've turned the wheel completely in the opposite direction as much as possible. My advice to you, is that if you can get yourself on some really icy roads with your future f-body, be sure to learn how to keep control of any situation. Practice makes perfect, and after driving around on all the snow and ice I did in N.J. makes driving in C.A easy enough to do with my eyes close.

While I was driving the wheel was straight during the slide I know I turned it a bit to the left just before sliding backwards in to the ditch. The Wheel got turned all the way after the front of the car smashed into the ground. It even busted the steering rod.

Ive decided that I wont be getting another newer Camaro for a while.
    I cant afford the insurance on one. Ill be looking into an older Camaro or muscle car. Ive currently got a 1970 Olds Cutlass sitting in the drive way that I may fix up a bit. Your concern means a lot to me.

Thanks.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

is your main reason for not getting a newer one because of insurance?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

that's kinda why I sometimes turn asr off and play around in the rain when no traffic is around... don't worry I don't do anything at high speeds

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    is your main reason for not getting a newer one because of insurance?

ya thats pretty much the reason why, its just to expensive to have it again at 18 years old with a total on my record. Ill be 19 in march, maybe it will go down then.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    ya thats pretty much the reason why, its just to expensive to have it again at 18 years old with a total on my record. Ill be 19 in march, maybe it will go down then.
    sorry to tell you it wont. Insurance for males is usually really high until you are like 25

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Get on the good student plan...it took $400 off for me this year and the year before

1st year (17-18): $2995/yr
    2nd year (18-19): $2200/yr

It all depends on where you live and how long you've been living there too. Other big factors are your record and credit rating.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Or you could by a less expensive one + maybe pay cash or get a personal loan, + put minimum coverage, (No collision). The oher guy is covered, but if its your fault in an accident,your car is a loss.
    It costs me around $450 for a whole year + that is with some extra coverage for the other guy.
    I'm 44 with no accidents. And car is a 98-Z
    There are some incredibly cheap lt1 cars out there.
    Just a thought. At least it keeps you in an f body + saves a whole lot of bucks

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

I mentioned personal loan or cash,because with an auto loan you have to put full coverage.personal you dont. good luck.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Or you could by a less expensive one
    Stick with your company until you are at least 21-23. Insurers look at loyalty as a plus and will save you money in the end.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Crap that sucks man, the pics of it upside down made me wanna cry.

On another note. . .send me that grill and the camaro emblem off the nose . . .

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    Crap that sucks man, the pics of it upside down made me wanna cry.

On another note. . .send me that grill and the camaro emblem off the nose . . .
    Ya after looking at it later on, i felt even worse.

I would but cant. I don't have the car anymore. sorry......

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Get on the good student plan...it took $400 off for me this year and the year before

1st year (17-18): $2995/yr
    2nd year (18-19): $2200/yr

It all depends on where you live and how long you've been living there too. Other big factors are your record and credit rating.

I am on a good student plan + drivers training, that helped me out a bit.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Or you could by a less expensive one + maybe pay cash or get a personal loan, + put minimum coverage, (No collision). The oher guy is covered, but if its your fault in an accident,your car is a loss.
    It costs me around $450 for a whole year + that is with some extra coverage for the other guy.
    I'm 44 with no accidents. And car is a 98-Z
    There are some incredibly cheap lt1 cars out there.
    Just a thought. At least it keeps you in an f body + saves a whole lot of bucks

Another Camaro will have to wait a while.... I hate to do it,I want another one NOW!! lol.....
    For now i will be driving the 70' Cutlass. It needs a little fixing up so that will keep me busy for a while.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

hell put that ls1 in the cutlass!even at 47 i pay 80.00 per month for insurance....full coverage 500 deductable

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    hell put that ls1 in the cutlass!even at 47 i pay 80.00 per month for insurance....full coverage 500 deductable
    best idea so far

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post

Ive already got a big project going on. Fixing up a 67' Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. we got 367,XXX miles out of it with the 318 and 4 speed.
    We just did a mopar 383 and a 727 tranny swap.
    And i dont have the SS any more. I want to do a full restore but right now i dont have the time or the money.

working full time and starting my next term in school, makes it hard to find the time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information