Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Questions about a Camaro.

This is a discussion on Questions about a Camaro. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i think the price is about right its a low mile 02 so its going to be high...

Red
    00 Z28

i think the price is about right its a low mile 02 so its going to be high

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by blk99ws6ta View Post
    I would ask for a carfax report. It may tell something you need to know. It should be free from the dealer, if not go somewhere else.
    You could look at the blue book value on it.
    Do all your home work before buying it Good luck.
    A note from the previous boner would probly do

RED
    2002/Z28

Take it for a test drive and get on it some to see if the SES light comes on. See if the clutch is fine also. When I got mine it had 36k on it and it was a 02 bone stock to the paper filter. I paid 14,900 for mine.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

To the OP, what are your plans for the car? are you gonna mod it or just use it as a daily driver? because IMO if you plan on modding the car then i would buy a cheaper one with maybe a little higher mileage. there are some cheap z28's out there, i just picked up a 99 z28 with 130k for 4,400 (great condition). i know its A LOT more miles but still, thats around 1/3 of what they are asking at that dealership. If you bought a car around that price you could spend 4k for an LS6 (brand new) and have a z28 with a new motor and a little more hp/trq to play with......and you would have only spent less than 12-13k, maybe around $9,500.

I paid 13,500 for a 01' ws6 with 40k miles a few years back and i know if i could do it all over again i would do it a little differently, lol. I know a lot of people might disagree, but thats just my opinion....... on whatever you decide. oh by the way the (MMM), Monterey Maroon Metallic is an excellent color, not that i have any reason to be biased or anything

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    To the OP, what are your plans for the car? are you gonna mod it or just use it as a daily driver? because IMO if you plan on modding the car then i would buy a cheaper one with maybe a little higher mileage. there are some cheap z28's out there, i just picked up a 99 z28 with 130k for 4,400 (great condition). i know its A LOT more miles but still, thats around 1/3 of what they are asking at that dealership. If you bought a car around that price you could spend 4k for an LS6 (brand new) and have a z28 with a new motor and a little more hp/trq to play with......and you would have only spent less than 12-13k, maybe around $9,500.

I paid 13,500 for a 01' ws6 with 40k miles a few years back and i know if i could do it all over again i would do it a little differently, lol. I know a lot of people might disagree, but thats just my opinion....... on whatever you decide. oh by the way the (MMM), Monterey Maroon Metallic is an excellent color, not that i have any reason to be biased or anything
    Yeah. I love the color as well. As far as mods go, I would have put the SS hood, 17" SS wheels, headers and full exhaust (GMMG), probably 3.73 and a good tune. But I cant afford the car, so it looks like I wont be getting it.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Dont sweat it. There are a bunch of 4th generation camaro ss and z 28s for sale. People are trying to sell them cuz they want the new camaro and the dealers wont give you much for your 4th gen. as a trade in. Be patient

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Just for reference on the price. KBB using the zip of the dealer and info from their site list the retail on that car at 10845. So they built a little negotiation room into the price.
    If you want a used Z28, I would suggest doing a little more shopping for a car with more mileage. Or look for a guy who wants to buy a 5th gen. Trade in is low, so you might get a decent price.

That's too bad it wouldn't work out for you.
    I personally prefer to find something low miles and pay a little more. You have a better starting point.

Or do as Gino suggested and pay less for higher mileage, then do a simple LS6 motor swap for about $3500 or so. Figure in a little more to freshen some other things up and you should still be money ahead.

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That's too bad it wouldn't work out for you.
    I personally prefer to find something low miles and pay a little more. You have a better starting point.

Or do as Gino suggested and pay less for higher mileage, then do a simple LS6 motor swap for about $3500 or so. Figure in a little more to freshen some other things up and you should still be money ahead.
    Yeah...my number 1 thing is to find lower mileage. Really all I'm looking for is something with less than 70k on the clock. But, buying a higher mileage and swapping in an LS6 does sound like a nice idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information