Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

/// Production 2010 Camaro Rs Photos Revealed \\

This is a discussion on /// Production 2010 Camaro Rs Photos Revealed \\ within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; oh yea and i really do like the way the RS looks and to think it's only a v6, now ...

White
    2000 Z28

oh yea and i really do like the way the RS looks and to think it's only a v6, now that's pretty piece of work.

Black
    1998 Z28

well i read in a super chevy mag that they were going to have a v6 in camaro for short period of time then go to a turbo charged 4 banger , ss will have a v8 with about 400 ponie and the Z28 will be out about 6 months after thee ss and camaro pushing around 535 hp

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't count the Camaro out yet, really.

First off...a stock GT500 runs mid-high 12's. High 12's have been done in our cars stock. Seven years later, I'd like to think we could at least get our hands on a low 12/high 11 car.

Challenger is only a cosmetic contest. That fatty looks sweet but pulls the same track times as an LS1. Plus it has a 40k+ sticker.

And don't forget...our cars were rated at 310 and 325hp. But they tend to dyno in the 340s. I wouldn't be suprised if GM gave us another little "present" like that again.

Finally, remember, this is still in a lot of ways, a Guinea Pig model. GM wants to see if there's still a market for a Camaro. If they're sales are anywhere close to the stang sales, that's when I think GM will actually put a focus and some marketing/$$$ behind making it a flagship car again....and you'll get your supercharged version. Not to mention, the LS3 (which I'm guessing is what the new maro V8s are getting) is a little old anyway. Wouldn't suprise me if we don't have another one somewhere in the near future.
    1/4 Mile ET: 12.257
    1/4 Mile MPH: 117.180

Listen why do they have to low ball the horsepower? Just come out with a high torque car and put it to rest.

They obviously dont give a rats a$$ about what they say. The last Camaro SS 35th annivesary and then what did they do? They made another and as far as I'm concerned they are asleep at the wheel.

Ford comes out every year with a mustang and they lead the way with resurecting the Shelby. Dodge comes out with the Challenger ...

Chevy well we are still waiting and you know what? Ford is coming out with a new Mustang 2010. Chevy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleeping again they have no balls when it comes to marketing. Camaro wants to try the market why? They have been around 35 years try the market sure.

Listen my 2 cents they will never make the chevy Camaro anything but second fiddle to the Corvette. Poor mans corvette bla bla bla....

Sorry rather spend the money for something of quality that handles and is modern looking not resorting to 1969. Can they not develope a modern day camaro? Nope!!

GM is in shambles they make poor cars and poor designs. Honda, Nissan, Toyota are all kicking them where it hurts.

So GM please make high end cars of today and produce sports cars not just the Corvette for ritch folk but give us something.

Camaro big heavy crappy on handling and always second fiddle.

What a real sports car? Look at Ultima, Nissan (new car), Alfa new cars, BMW (over priced) but fast.

Okay enough said spent the last few hours repairing my dads 84 Omega quarter panel.

More reasons GM suck large: The newer Nova never made that car a muscle car. Malibu crappy looking car no muscle. Camaro nice looking car but trying to re capture 1969 why bother.

Porsche has the right idea and Audi is kicking a$$.

People listen I fell in love with Camaros the 1972 SS 396 Cortez Silver black interior my fav. I bought a 2002 SS rag 6 speed sold it as soon as I heard the new one is coming.

Nothing I'd rather drive than a Camaro but put cross drilled Brembo and have an engine that strikes fear into people. Put the torque at the wheels but have the car grip instead of shreeding tires. Make the car handle around corners and lighten the car. 4000 lb sports car hmm no way.

My 2 cents

I want a great Camaro not this hunk of crap comming.
    Last edited by 2002CamaroSS; 07-19-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS View Post
    So Camaro the big mustang killer makes its cars to fight the lower mustang GT. Well lets go out and make a 427 Camaro to ponce on other car model AKA = Shelby surely GM can do that? Why can Ford do it? Please dont say they do with the Vette. I want it done with the Camaro.

Why do we have to look a GMMG or others to modify these new Camaro? GM if you listen to this dummy make a fast car that beats the the Ford muscle and the Doge hemi cars then you will get people to buy in.

The 2002 Camaro I had had 345 HP the new car with all the hype fails with just over 400 hp.

Make a super charged Camaro from factory lighten the car take a/c out use light weight materials. Get rid of power options for windows. Radio bye bye..
    How about Carbon Fiber for trunk, doors and hood?No back seats?

Anyhow yes so the price wont be 40k Maybe more like 50k to 60k But do it right.

Sorry for the rambling I do love Camaros I just hate buying the best Camaro available then some car company comes out with an all motor car and blows you away.
    I think chevy may make something to rival the GT500 but not until they see how the car debuts. It's a tough economy right now and if there is no market for a super camaro there won't be one. I sure hope that's not the case I'd love to see a 500+HP camaro in the line up. And if they don't there are plenty of us out here who love to tinker with these cars and will. I'm just glad it's coming back.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I think chevy may make something to rival the GT500 but not until they see how the car debuts. It's a tough economy right now and if there is no market for a super camaro there won't be one. I sure hope that's not the case I'd love to see a 500+HP camaro in the line up. And if they don't there are plenty of us out here who love to tinker with these cars and will. I'm just glad it's coming back.
    GM will not make the Camaro faster stock for stock than the Corvette.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    You have to see that MOST people are not going to buy a GT500 or a Challenger SRT 8 .. Most just get a Mustang GT or a Challenger RT.. So Camaro will do fine .. If , you like the looks enough to get one ..

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS View Post
    1/4 Mile ET: 12.257
    1/4 Mile MPH: 117.180

I doubt that.

But I do agree with most of what you said.
    Although I am still wondering if we will indeed ever actually see a new Camaro.

3-4 years of pictures and rumors. Still nothing.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

I doubt that.

But I do agree with most of what you said.
    Although I am still wondering if we will indeed ever actually see a new Camaro.

3-4 years of pictures and rumors. Still nothing.
    You will, we're having a meeting about it at our dealership tuesday. We just had one for the new Traverse last week too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I hate it

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

The RS will be offered as an appearence package for the SS, just like the 60's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information