Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

post best pump gas. BRAND/ OCT

This is a discussion on post best pump gas. BRAND/ OCT within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; $2.97 93 premium here in mid TN...

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

$2.97 93 premium here in mid TN

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

filled up today 93 for 3.19

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Chevron 94.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

The Gas over here in Cali. is straight BULLSHIT... We get 91 and the east coast gets fuckin 93 or 94.. Yeah I could get higher octane but then I would have to drive to the track and pay up the ass for that. I tell you everyone should have the right to the same octane.. while we get stuck with shit.. The others get bless. And other thing I don't understantd is the price difference.. we pay about .50 cent more or even .75 cents more for dam near the same shit. I tell you it's POLTICS and a SCAM. Pretty soon we will be payin 4 to 5 dollar for a gal. of 91. But I don't care I'll just get a 4 banger or a 6. And still keep my camaro. I'm not gonna fall to the dreaded hybrid.. nnnnnnnooooooooo..

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    The Gas over here in Cali. is straight BULLSHIT... We get 91 and the east coast gets fuckin 93 or 94.. Yeah I could get higher octane but then I would have to drive to the track and pay up the ass for that. I tell you everyone should have the right to the same octane.. while we get stuck with shit.. The others get bless. And other thing I don't understantd is the price difference.. we pay about .50 cent more or even .75 cents more for dam near the same shit. I tell you it's POLTICS and a SCAM. Pretty soon we will be payin 4 to 5 dollar for a gal. of 91. But I don't care I'll just get a 4 banger or a 6. And still keep my camaro. I'm not gonna fall to the dreaded hybrid.. nnnnnnnooooooooo..
    Ur right it is all about politics, but I read that you pay more because of your smog problems and they have to add extra additives for your fuel.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Ur right it is all about politics, but I read that you pay more because of your smog problems and they have to add extra additives for your fuel.
    you could be right but if that was the case.. then wouldn't new york be paying the same amount. I mean we are not the only state with emission standards. their is like 10 states in u.s. that have emission standards. Also they have to undergo a saftey check too when they get a smog done in N.Y.

SSMOKIN_SS
    Yea man I agree with you it bunch of bull shit politics. I paid 3.69 for 91 unleaded and people are posting here that they pay like 3.30 something for 94 unleaded. How can there be such a price difference. Heck we should be paying less for our lower octane. My uncle got a toyota prius and he loves it. It takes like 20 bucks to fill up and he can drive form Sacramento to LA and back on the same tank of gas. I wish I had a hybrid will save you a LOT of doe.

black
    2000 SS convertible

3.28 regular
    3.48 premium(93)

Black
    2001 camaro SS

These prices should be illegal imo. Does anyone think we will ever see below $2.00 again?
    Last edited by william SS; 05-16-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

you could be right but if that was the case.. then wouldn't new york be paying the same amount. I mean we are not the only state with emission standards. their is like 10 states in u.s. that have emission standards. Also they have to undergo a saftey check too when they get a smog done in N.Y.
    Well you can thank the tree huggers for getting clean air acts passed in california, but it's not all their fault. You also have to ship the oil all the way across the U.S. A temperature map showed this in a previous post. I could find it again if you want to see it. It clearly shows the gas goes up the further west you go. You only have like 3 refineries in California if I remember right. So you have to ship most of it in. You also have higher taxes on crude oil and I don't know why. What pisses me off is that it only costs the saudis $5 a barrel to bring it out of the ground and we say that we are paying 70-80 a barrel. What's with the huge price difference? Well we are simply getting screwed by our own government. I use to be a bush fan but I think he's part of it cuz he use to be in the oil business himself and he could easily have money in exxon stock. If you haven't heard of this company well....they made world record 8 billion dollars in 3 months. Just google exxon and you can find out everything about. GAS is now just another taxation that the government can control. Pretty sick isn't it....I heard Schwarzenegger bought a hydrogen hummer, what a stud!

Quote Originally Posted by william SS View Post
    These prices should be illegal imo. Does anyone think we will ever see below $2.00 again?
    Honestly no.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by william SS View Post
    i would be willing to bet not
    TIME TO GET A

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Looks like some of california is already paying over $4 a gallon!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

even venezuela's prices went up...its now 14 cents per gallon instead of 12

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    I always buy Shell's V-Power 91 octane. I've never seen anything over 91 here in California at the gas stations. Could it because we have filthy air and state regulations don't allow anything over 91?
    I dont know if thats the reason because if i'm not mistaken high octane burns cleaner

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    I dont know if thats the reason because if i'm not mistaken high octane burns cleaner
    it burns faster though, so you burn more

white
    2002 z28

even venezuela's prices went up...its now 14 cents per gallon instead of 12
    now thats cheap

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

gas in cali is 3.75 for premium...sucks it takes about 50.00 to fill up.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I seen a place here that had it at 3.60, but then another had it at 3.40...talk about a price difference...

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Remember about a year ago when regular hit $ 3.00 gallon & some genius put on the internet to just stop buying ( EXXON/MOBILE ) & the price would come down ? Well guess what, it fuckin did. All the way down to $ 1.99 a gallon down here in the south. That was just about 3 or 4 months ago.When nobody buys from the biggest giant in the oil business they have to drop their profit margin and when they do all the little guys have to follow suit. So lets get with it racers. If just a few of us would e-mail this to 10 other people believe me ,it won't take long so pass the word people. Believe it or not WE, the consumers, are the ones who can control the price at the pump !

Silver

I seen a place here that had it at 3.60, but then another had it at 3.40...talk about a price difference...
    one reason it could be is because when a gas station gets filled.. the price untill they refill is set based on what the previous truck load was bought for.. could just be that one had just been filled up at the new price.. but yes big diff... hope you went to the lower one!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information