Poor throttle response

So i just got a 2001 camaro z28. It is an auto, that has 117,500 miles.

For some reason i go press the gas all the way down and it doesnt seem like its accelerating faster. I am having the water pumped change. Can anyone give me a reason why it would do that?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Fuel pressure or clogged cats would be my first two guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Fuel pressure or clogged cats would be my first two guesses.
    Maybe fuel pump? Cats? It drivs but when i full throttle it doesn't like go like who full throttle would

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Check the fuel pressure at the rail. Even could be a clogged filter. When's the last time it was changed? Bad gas? Been acting this way since the last fill up or longer?

I just got the car. It could be nothing, but when i push the gas down all the way, it doesn't like push you like autos should, that jerk when you are driving normal then floor it.

It does have stock exhaust, so it may be to quiet to even notice.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

A4 (auto's) have a different gear set then M6 (manual) cars.

Delay in acceleration could be a lot of things: Mileage is not to bad but it is high enough that depending on how the previous owner(s) treated it the issue could be in the transmission. It's really hard to tell without being there.

I suggest that since you just got it, I recommend doing a complete fluids change on all systems unless you know for fact they've been done recently.

Anytime I get a used vehicle I go over it making notes of issues that need to be addressed ether now or later. I can tell you that with over 100k you're due a filter & fluid change for the transmission and rear end (again unless you know for a fact it's been done recently within last 15-20,000 miles).

Also due are you're O2 sensors. They have a life of about 70,000 miles.

Coolant - Every 3-4 yrs needs drained and replaced. But you are already addressing this issue with a water pump change.

Vacuum leaks- The PCV system on this is a POS piss poor design and prone to causing vacuum leaks. Hoses dry rot and crack. If you following from the throttle body back to the passenger side valve cover to where it connects to the pcv itself there is your first possible leak. Continue following it back to the same valve cover, here is your 2nd site, continue further to the back of the intake you will find out that it splits into a y. Here is the 3rd spot and the last on is where it goes into the drivers side valve cover.

There are a couple of ways to fix it. In this tread below has some quick fixes that our members have done over the years.

The common one is the Loose PCV fix and the better but requires more work is the LS6 Valley Cover Tray install/mod. Both are in the thread below:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/technic...tickies-79083/
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 11-05-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    A4 (auto's) have a different gear set then M6 (manual) cars.

Delay in acceleration could be a lot of things: Mileage is not to bad but it is high enough that depending on how the previous owner(s) treated it the issue could be in the transmission. It's really hard to tell without being there.

I suggest that since you just got it, I recommend doing a complete fluids change on all systems unless you know for fact they've been done recently.

Anytime I get a used vehicle I go over it making notes of issues that need to be addressed ether now or later. I can tell you that with over 100k you're due a filter & fluid change for the transmission and rear end (again unless you know for a fact it's been done recently within last 15-20,000 miles).

Also due are you're O2 sensors. They have a life of about 70,000 miles.

Coolant - Every 3-4 yrs needs drained and replaced. But you are already addressing this issue with a water pump change.

Vacuum leaks- The PCV system on this is a POS piss poor design and prone to causing vacuum leaks. Hoses dry rot and crack. If you following from the throttle body back to the passenger side valve cover to where it connects to the pcv itself there is your first possible leak. Continue following it back to the same valve cover, here is your 2nd site, continue further to the back of the intake you will find out that it splits into a y. Here is the 3rd spot and the last on is where it goes into the drivers side valve cover.

There are a couple of ways to fix it. In this tread below has some quick fixes that our members have done over the years.

The common one is the Loose PCV fix and the better but requires more work is the LS6 Valley Cover Tray install/mod. Both are in the thread below:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/technic...tickies-79083/
    Yea, thats why. I just somd my 2001 mustang it was stick. And now i have this. I didnt knowbi can be in first at 40mph

Yea i didnt know the autos were a 4-speed. I just sold my. 2001 mustang 5-speed and got this. Did not know you can put it to 40mph in 1st

Yea i didnt know the autos were a 4-speed. I just sold my. 2001 mustang 5-speed and got this. Did not know you can put it to 40mph in 1st

Thread Information