Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

police intercepter

This is a discussion on police intercepter within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by germ89 im n florida and i havent heard anything yet aboutbeing fined. Just don't try any funny ...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by germ89 View Post
    im n florida and i havent heard anything yet aboutbeing fined.
    Just don't try any funny shit with one of my vehicles,

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Quote Originally Posted by germ89 View Post
    im n florida and i havent heard anything yet aboutbeing fined.
    Go down to the local police station with a picture of what you want to do and ask if it is legal. Best way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    NO police interceptor is a small badge like a dealer name plate on the trunk
    My bad, I thought we were talking about having badging on a car that would make a person think that the car is in fact a patrol car. As long as there is nothing on it that says "police" everything should be okay. I know a guy that bought a crown vic that still had the stripes on it but the sheriff logo had been taken off. even that wasn't enough. He had to have the stripes removed. He got pulled over and was told people could still mistake his car for a deputy, which is impersonation, at least all he got was a warning.

Bermuda Blue Metallic
    99 Camaro B4C Z28

Hmmmm ford emblems on a chevy, think i would put the b4c on before i did that. And the issue is is there a chance those emblems came on the car to begin with, answer no as most cops know what they are, so depending on how much of a prick they wanted to be, there is a chance you may get in trouble. factory emblems or fsctory style are one thing, i have a B4C Z and there are no emblems on the car, as most did not have them to begin with, unless it was a marked unit. I have a Military Police Sticker across my rear and my plates say 13thMP.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

ALl I can say is that in NC, if another officer wrote a ticket for that - and that alone - the rest of the officers in court would call it chickenshit.

It's impersonating a police officer, not a police CAR. Using a Crown Vic and "acting" and dressing like a cop is a no-no, but the Police Interceptor badge indicates a package available from Ford (it might as well say Taxi package).

I doubt (in most states) it's an offense, but I have to agree I don't think it would benefit the looks of the car at all.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

The badges wont you into trouble. If you put a decal on the side of your car that says "millersville twp. police dept." that can get you into trouble. If you go an try to pull someone over that can get you into trouble. Impersonating an officer mean s you are acting like one, if you were to yell freeze police that can get you into bigger trouble that having decals on your car. A guy down the street from me has a 69 Caprice cop car that he restored, says police on the side and has working lights and everything. nobody bothers him. the "act" of impersonating is what can land you in prison...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    The badges wont you into trouble. If you put a decal on the side of your car that says "millersville twp. police dept." that can get you into trouble. If you go an try to pull someone over that can get you into trouble. Impersonating an officer mean s you are acting like one, if you were to yell freeze police that can get you into bigger trouble that having decals on your car. A guy down the street from me has a 69 Caprice cop car that he restored, says police on the side and has working lights and everything. nobody bothers him. the "act" of impersonating is what can land you in prison...
    Uh........NOT EXACTLY!!!! Please RE-READ your post. No disrespect here, BUT if something looks like a duck, smells like a duck (Uh...caprice w/letters that PUBLICLY SAY POLICE on the car w/WORKING POLICE LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING....................HOW WOULD A REASONABLE PERSON VIEW THIS VEHICLE THAT DOESN'T LIVE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW???????? DO YOU THINK THEY MIGHT THINK IT'S A POLICE CAR IF THEIR DRIVING ON THE ROAD NEXT TO IT??????

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Additionally, there may be some cop killers/haters on the loose and they see this CAPRICE WITH POLICE BADGES AND LIGHTS.........That circumstance could cost your neighbor his life if it's on the WRONG day at the WRONG time & in the WRONG area.........Your thoughts?????????

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Uh........NOT EXACTLY!!!! Please RE-READ your post. No disrespect here, BUT if something looks like a duck, smells like a duck (Uh...caprice w/letters that PUBLICLY SAY POLICE on the car w/WORKING POLICE LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING....................HOW WOULD A REASONABLE PERSON VIEW THIS VEHICLE THAT DOESN'T LIVE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW???????? DO YOU THINK THEY MIGHT THINK IT'S A POLICE CAR IF THEIR DRIVING ON THE ROAD NEXT TO IT??????
    Uh, it's a 1969 Caprice. Even if I was out of town, I would not pull over if that car tried to pull me over. If he kept following me and insisted, I would drive to the nearest police or fire station and pull in there to see what was up.

Black
    2001 Camaro ss

..it's all good..until.. if you have the badging on the car..they pull you over..the one thing you must remember....DROP THE DONUT...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Uh, it's a 1969 Caprice. Even if I was out of town, I would not pull over if that car tried to pull me over. If he kept following me and insisted, I would drive to the nearest police or fire station and pull in there to see what was up.
    Nice response Too Fast! I respect that train of thought........I guess it is a 1969!!!!!!!!!!!!lol I suppose most would just laugh at this vehicle and NOT take it seriously, but one never knows.........

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^I think it would be hard to actually do, but I have read/heard about doing just that, if you don't think the person behind you is an actual cop. Or pull over into a crowded public space, like a mall parking lot. Then you can explain your thoughts.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^I think it would be hard to actually do, but I have read/heard about doing just that, if you don't think the person behind you is an actual cop. Or pull over into a crowded public space, like a mall parking lot. Then you can explain your thoughts.
    Yep!

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

not

I think you should be fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information