police camaro?????

This is a discussion on police camaro????? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; what is different in the 2002 CHEVROLET CAMARO POLICE PACKAGE than the z28 or the ss??...

black
    2004 gto

police camaro?????

what is different in the 2002 CHEVROLET CAMARO POLICE PACKAGE than the z28 or the ss??

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

As an LEO, I can tell you that most police packages incorporate wider wheels/tires, a firmer suspension and possibly ballistic inserts in the doors. There are obviously other add-ons such as various electronics and lights and other doo-dads, though, police cars are usually no faster (i.e. stock horsepower) than the civilian vehicle. Not to mention, with all the extras, there's enough of a weight difference to slow the car down compared to a "'stock" model.

As to the sepcifics of the police Camaro, I just saw one for sale the other day (on ebay, I think), but I can't remember what was listed as the "upgrades."

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

B4C package. Most LEO's will tell you "It's got a police package chip in it", but we all know these computers do not have removable PROM chips anymore. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's not much. May have a standard trans cooler? A simple, run of the mill factory LS1 with full exhaust should be able to out run a regular B4C LS1 car. I'm sure other members will chime in as well...

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Black
    98 Z28

Thats correct, tranny cooler, usually a beefier alt, firmer suspenison and sometimes a little bit of a tune. Of course I personally know of a guy who had his camaro taken from him for repeated street racing. His car had full head cam headers etc, etc. Cops got one hell of a police car on that one. Guy had at least 10 grand in mods, I would hate to be the poor bastard trying to run away from that thing.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Thats correct, tranny cooler, usually a beefier alt, firmer suspenison and sometimes a little bit of a tune. Of course I personally know of a guy who had his camaro taken from him for repeated street racing. His car had full head cam headers etc, etc. Cops got one hell of a police car on that one. Guy had at least 10 grand in mods, I would hate to be the poor bastard trying to run away from that thing.
    Yup. I worked with a retired LEO and he told me of a few folks who tried to run and failed. LEOs and judges DO NOT take that shyte lightly.

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Quote Originally Posted by burnsxxxls1 View Post
    what is different in the 2002 CHEVROLET CAMARO POLICE PACKAGE than the z28 or the ss??
    Here is a link to the 2002 B4C police brochure from GM. While it lists all the specs / options, etc., it doesn't reveal the differences between the standard Z-28 and the B4C option car.

http://performanceworks1.com/Police%20PDF/02_b4c.pdf

Although I've been unable to verify it, I believe the computer in the B4C car is set up a little different, and there are some heavy duty rear and maybe front suspension differences.

Rip

Thread Information