Thread: Please read

silver
    98 ss camaro

Please read

I finally got my ls6 intake manafold in put it on having issues car. It starts backfires idles for about a second and dies. Only issue when installing was theres a sensor behind the manifold well that got knocked in two piece rigged it back up to do for now I believe it's only a oil pressure sensor not sure though. Anyways I can give it some gas to try to keep it alive but I really have to give it gas. not sure if maybe the injectors arn't in all the way or what any suggestions plz I'm suppose to make a 7 hour drive to vegas today. going to sleep for a few hours then wake up early and play around with it was way to loud to keep going at this time.

silver
    98 ss camaro

this is on 98 ss ls1 m6

black
    2002 WS6

Its the oil pressure sensor, If the computer detects little or no pressure it will cut the ignition to minimise damage. try replacing that first. Other possibilites it that tehre is a huge vacuum leak some where.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

my geuss would be cam sensor.

mine went to shit and was doing the same thing. had it replaced and problem solved.

makes since that you were putting a new intake on because to get the sensor you have to take the intake manifold off.

just my .02

edit: cam sensor is located at the top of the very back of the engine, sounds like thats the sensor u broke.

silver
    98 ss camaro

found the problem so I had my friend tightening the back bolts on the intake manifold while I was trying to get the crank bolt off the change the pulleys. He didn't tighten the back enough I fixed it car runs great was about to leave for vegas. Then noticed a drip the water pump thats maybe a yr old is leaking. I call the guy that did all the work when I first got the car he told me its underwarranty but 350 in labor and he said he couldn't get it done by the end of the day 4 hours for a water pump. Needless to say we got in my buddys ta and I'm going to just by a new pump I don't feel like using this kind again anything I can do almost everything he's put in has barely lasted a yr parts are all warranty but he charges way too much in labor. do i need to just suck it up and stay away or anything I can stand of I mean in 1yr and a few months the radiator i've had to warranty out twice, also the water pump, power steering pressure hose, now water pump. well thanks for the help guys and I am going to replace the oil pressure sensor it read but just barely so no light was thrown but not a permanent solution.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

g luck on your trip

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

is the actual pump leaking or is it a hose might save you some money, my car had a clamp that was squeezing through the rubber causing a slow leak. Have fun with the opsu it seems like you have to break it to know how not to do it again 50 dollar fix.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    is the actual pump leaking or is it a hose might save you some money, my car had a clamp that was squeezing through the rubber causing a slow leak. Have fun with the opsu it seems like you have to break it to know how not to do it again 50 dollar fix.
    trips going good my friends ta's service engine light came on lol I have my hp tuner with me don't know how to read codes but car drives good so fingers are crossed. Got completely shit faced last night. It's not a slow leak its pretty bad leaked about half a gallon in aboutn 20 miles on the freeway the waters coming from behind the pump the hose under the tb was leaking but cuz it wasn't tight enough I ran the car and held a towel under it car leaked towel dry I'll double check before I pull the part. The parts under warranty shop wants to charge labor (even though its there part they put in) so i'm gonna warranty the part out and do it myself.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

smart to do it yourself, get some easy experience that way, though the longevity of the pump is concerning. let us know where the old pump is leaking from.

silver
    98 ss camaro

not sure where it was leaking from the water was coming out the back of the black part the belt spins. New ones in and its good to go. The oil pressure sensor we broke should be here tm and my headers came in today. I still can't get the crank pully off tried freeze off and liquid wrench but it just won't come off. I've got the bolt out just can't get the pully off, got a puller from kragens, has 3 claws and a bolt in the middle and it just won't come off. the puller keeps slipping not sure this is the right one for the job or not any ideas. I think i'm just gonna take the pully and headers to a shop and have them throw it in. My friend knows a place so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll let you guys know.
    Last edited by slpcamaro; 09-23-2008 at 09:38 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dude, periods, they help

Thread Information