Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please help me settle this argument with my dad!!!

This is a discussion on Please help me settle this argument with my dad!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro 25th rs '92 350 auto, was my first f-body T's, red black stripes.. I still miss ...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    25th rs '92 350 auto, was my first f-body T's, red black stripes.. I still miss her all these years later..
    Go Joe Dirt!!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Go Joe Dirt!!!

dat waz meh!
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

They're still atop the best looking camaros, IMO

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

What if the camaro was a "RPO B4C" optioned car...essentially an RS looking vehicle, but outfitted essentially as a Z-28, essentially a special-service vehicles (Cop's etc).
    Could this be it? and was it possible in 1994?...not sure....it was in the past..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

They're still atop the best looking camaros, IMO
    Agree! Better handling too than the 4th gens..imho.. I even had long blond hair bowl cut to about my shoulders.. I was never into the mullet thing tho. Now I'm just greying crew cut

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SSCO80 View Post
    What if the camaro was a "RPO B4C" optioned car...essentially an RS looking vehicle, but outfitted essentially as a Z-28, essentially a special-service vehicles (Cop's etc).
    Could this be it? and was it possible in 1994?...not sure....it was in the past..
    I think it would have to be badged "rs" tho..

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

yeah...not sure about the "rs" badging...good point...i doubt it was on a B4C package....

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I doubt it too. The B4C was an upgraded option all on it's own. Everything the "RS" package was "upgrading", the Z28s already had, better gear, closer steering ratio (lock-to-lock), etc.

So it would serve no purpose to do so. Besides... I don't know of any station that wants their "high speed, highway patrol car" (the Z28s), crossing freeway grass medians with ground effects on their cars.

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It's a mystery

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

There are only two reasons possible for this. One......Your car was an RS V6 (although, I don't know if '94 had the RS option) and the previous owner dropped an LT1 in later. Two......Your car was a Z28 from the start and the previous owner took the badges off and put RS badges on because he wanted to call it an RS.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm not sure when they dropped the RS package. But, I think they started it again in 96.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHaZe View Post
    There are only two reasons possible for this. One......Your car was an RS V6 (although, I don't know if '94 had the RS option) and the previous owner dropped an LT1 in later. Two......Your car was a Z28 from the start and the previous owner took the badges off and put RS badges on because he wanted to call it an RS.
    I think you're probably right

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I'm not sure when they dropped the RS package. But, I think they started it again in 96.
    And you ARE right!

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hey guys thanks for all the responses, I didnt check this much after that night but you are all making some very good points, I know that some people would put an lt1 in an rs for insurance purposes and it would be a slight sleeper, However if someone wanted to make their z28 look slow they could have the roof pillar or whatever that is called painted the same color as the body. ( correct me if i am wrong but that is one of the best ways to tell if its a Z or an rs. ) I agree and i am 99% sure as well that the rs never was offered with an lt1 option because that would be silly.. i personally dont like formula firebirds because they seem to have the uglier style with the big engine.. seems pointless to me since the insurance is still the same. Im going to win this argument lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by smkn gts View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all the responses, I didnt check this much after that night but you are all making some very good points, I know that some people would put an lt1 in an rs for insurance purposes and it would be a slight sleeper, However if someone wanted to make their z28 look slow they could have the roof pillar or whatever that is called painted the same color as the body. ( correct me if i am wrong but that is one of the best ways to tell if its a Z or an rs. ) I agree and i am 99% sure as well that the rs never was offered with an lt1 option because that would be silly.. i personally dont like formula firebirds because they seem to have the uglier style with the big engine.. seems pointless to me since the insurance is still the same. Im going to win this argument lol
    why not find the rpo sticker and see...if it came with a lt1..it will say lt1 .........

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

just google it

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why not find the rpo sticker and see...if it came with a lt1..it will say lt1 .........
    Where's the fun in that? That's far too easy.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Where's the fun in that? That's far too easy.
    i like easy

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Hey guys thanks for all the responses, I didnt check this much after that night but you are all making some very good points, I know that some people would put an lt1 in an rs for insurance purposes and it would be a slight sleeper
    Which I think is a little ridiculous, seeing if somebody had the money to do the swap, why not just pay the insurance on the damn thing? But to each their own..........

However if someone wanted to make their z28 look slow they could have the roof pillar or whatever that is called painted the same color as the body. ( correct me if i am wrong but that is one of the best ways to tell if its a Z or an rs. )
    I've seen quite a few color-matched A-pillars on LS1 cars before, not sure about the LT1s though

I agree and i am 99% sure as well that the rs never was offered with an lt1 option because that would be silly.. i personally dont like formula firebirds because they seem to have the uglier style with the big engine.. seems pointless to me since the insurance is still the same. Im going to win this argument lol
    I like the formulas all the same, if they were offered with a comparable body kit that the TAs come with, I'm sure more people would be torn between the TAs and the formulas

98' trans am

I've seen quite a few color-matched A-pillars on LS1 cars before, not sure about the LT1s though
    i think it is the C pillar that is always black..and that is for camaros only

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i think it is the C pillar that is always black..and that is for camaros only
    Correct. But that only applies to the ls cars i believe. Lt1,3.4l,3.8l till I think 96 the v6 cars could have black C pillar too.. My '95 3.4l Camaro had black but I don't know exactly on the year they quit on v6 cars may have been 97.
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-09-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information