Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Paint

This is a discussion on Paint within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy Cheap + Body Work = Getting done again.. If you can't afford to do it right.. ...

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy View Post
    Cheap + Body Work = Getting done again..
    If you can't afford to do it right.. You really can't afford to do it twice.
    Maaco = BAD.. Ask me how I know (No, they didn't paint my car..
    Maaco gets a bad rap because or the 300 dollar paint job. which is a you scuff and they shoot and everything gets taped up and painted with shitty single stage. the techs themselves arent bad. I work at a body shop myself. If a tech is lowballed as for the hours, he will do a shitty job. you get wut u pay for. while your getting the hood painted, might as well get it straightened too. The hood from the factory is wavy as shit and looks nice when it is straightened. Also, if available ask for buff time so they can take the dirt out of the paint. No paint job is flawless but if you pay a little more, u get a nice return.

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    i'm not extremely knowledgeable about the paint work so i could very well be wrong, but when i sanded through the gelcoat when i got my car painted the only places that have bubbled up after i got it painted were the places that i actually went through the gelcoat, and i never let it sit out for the gases to bake out, it was painted the day after i sanded it.
    SO, i'm repainting that t-bar again either xmaxs break or summer (and maybe just doing the whole car, which would involve adding some red and silver pearl!)
    my question is will gelcoating the whole bar again fix the problem given the info above or will it just bubble up again eventually?
    gel coat is no match for clearcoat, gel coat fades really fast. we painted part of a carbonfiber hood and cleared the rest and it looked 100xs better

black
    2000 camaro

as long as it is givin enough time to bake and cure. you shouldn't have a problem. my paint booth doesn't have a heater to bake for it to cure faster. that's why it is taking so long for me to get it painted. im hoping to have it painted by the first of november. and if it does or doesn't work i will let you guys know.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

i got my hood repainted for $200. it was a friend of my dads who owns a paint and body shop. known him since HS.

turned out real nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information