Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

old maro owners

This is a discussion on old maro owners within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS Vega's do look like a scaled down Camaro. Being able to fit a V8 was by ...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Vega's do look like a scaled down Camaro. Being able to fit a V8 was by design although the factory never made one that way. Want proof? Just look at a Monza. It were offered with 262, 305 and 350 V8's. The Vega and Monza (as well as the Pontiac Astre, Buick Skyhawk and Olds Starfire) were both H-bodies.
    I think so too! Sweet little 4 speed cars...

And, nope. The guy I bought it from did the swap. Came with a 4 banger.

I would love to have another one someday

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i'm 40 now, but bought my z28 four years ago. i went out to get a ridiculously unreasonable car (especially for german standards), and succeeded.
    i thought i'd have my fun with it and sell it after a year or so. wrong. these cars are like crack.
    How does that car stack up to the other cars out there?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Okay you guys...I've about had it with the "mid-life crisis" statements and the Corvettes! lol
    You guys know that I had to hear it from every guy at work when I bought mine, so I came up with this response, but the truth is and you guys are the same and I know it. We are car guys and love sports cars and the way they perform. Be they Corvette's, Camaro's, Firebird's, or GTO's to name just few.
    The response;
    "Mid-life crisis? That would indicate that there was some sort of a crisis going on in my life right? A beautiful wife and a great marriage with the finances to be able to purchase a brand new Z06, you tell me, where's the crisis?"
    That usually shuts em up.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    How does that car stack up to the other cars out there?
    huge surprise factor, very few people here know that car. on the freeway there are few faster cars, i chased porsche carreras in the 130 mph range, no problem. i don't road race though. in the city? when i got traction, i'm fast...

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

I am 41, and have owned 52 f bodies , I guess my family is an f-body family,just last year alone I owned 4 different f-body's, and currently own 2.
    I have a cousin who is 58 that owns a z28, another that is 43 that has a pair of 69 camaros, and an uncle that owns a 68 ss big block car with 38k miles on it, my father always had a camaro nova or chevelle, hell it could be hereditary........naaah.. my brother is 37 and has never owned any type of f- body, in fact he now owns a 1991 fox body with a 347 stroker, and I hand him his ass every time we go to the track .

So call it what you want, mid life crises, I say naaah.

Call it a maro I say at least you got one.

call it trying to re live your youth, I ask you what is considered old?

My opinion is that there has never ben and will never be another car to give so much, and ask so little in return.
    My car is an EXTENSION OF MY PERSONALITY, I think if everyone who owns an f-body, will take a look at the car they bought, they did so by choice , not out of necessity,and with plans to make it there own by modding it.
    I have people tell me that thing is not very practical , I tell them I didn't buy it to be practical,Hell I don't know of a car that is practical,My motto is Is if I have to pay for it and keep it up, it's going to be what I want not what someone thinks I should have.

CAMARO," if you have to ask, you are already in the dark"

max wax 2008
    Last edited by maxwax; 12-21-2008 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Okay you guys...I've about had it with the "mid-life crisis" statements and the Corvettes! lol
    You guys know that I had to hear it from every guy at work when I bought mine, so I came up with this response, but the truth is and you guys are the same and I know it. We are car guys and love sports cars and the way they perform. Be they Corvette's, Camaro's, Firebird's, or GTO's to name just few.
    The response;
    "Mid-life crisis? That would indicate that there was some sort of a crisis going on in my life right? A beautiful wife and a great marriage with the finances to be able to purchase a brand new Z06, you tell me, where's the crisis?"
    That usually shuts em up.
    haha,,,I'm the one that started the mid life crisis,,,mainly because I just don't view the vette as a progression so to speak. I understand where you are coming from and thought I'd make a joke. It's all good.
    No worries, We've had a vette for several years, been there done that,,a 71 454. We didn't fit into the vette crowd at all. Beautiful car to drive and enjoyed it quite a bit, but sold it a couple years ago due to family. My son was getting too old to cram in the back of that thing. I still enjoy the vettes of all years, just don't think it's something we'll have again. We currently have 8 other muscle cars that are satisfying. And they are not all camaro's either. It's a sickness,,,lol.

52 did you have an all time favorite ?

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by m1a2d3 View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know also..

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Its a toss up, but the one closest to my heart was a daytona yellow 69 Z/28 my father and I built in 1985, he passed away at the age of 38 in 1986.
    I had to sell it in 1991 to help with some family expenses, but I am promised first chance to buy it back when and if they decide to sell it.

Here is a pic of it in all of its glory in 1990. dig the white letter tires LOL

I have pics of the complete build up, but i'll have to scan them and then post them.

here are a pair of 4th gens a 1997 SS and a 2000 z28

here is my current ride 2002 m-6 hard top

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Dude that's tight.
    Your current ride is f'n sweet too!!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Cool 69! we used to flip the tires back then

I hope you get it back. That would be awesome!

sorry about your dad 38 is way to young. hope you get it back soon.

Maroon
    2002 Camaro Z28 convert

I will be 70 in January. Bought mine last spring. 2002 Z28 convertible, maroon with tan top. 35,000 miles. Excellent condition. Outrageous car. Love it!

Had 55 Chevy with full house Corvette engine in the 60's and some other cool cars along the way, but am returning to my roots!

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

congrats Joe sharp ride.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vaughan View Post
    I will be 70 in January. Bought mine last spring. 2002 Z28 convertible, maroon with tan top. 35,000 miles. Excellent condition. Outrageous car. Love it!

Had 55 Chevy with full house Corvette engine in the 60's and some other cool cars along the way, but am returning to my roots!
    that's awesome, i'm sure i'll be just as crazy at your age. keep it up!

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Here is another camaro that I owned its a 1974 z28 it came factory with an L-82 350 engine, with th400 trans and a 3.42 rear end. in this pic it had a 406 with world products sportsman 2 heads, vic jr ,750 dbl pumper, trw flat top forged pistons, custom ground roller cam, 400 trans, with tci super street fighter converter currie 9" rear with 4:10 gears sfc's M/T Et streets on factory Z/28 wheels, it weighed 3700 lbs

here is a time slip. this thing would jerk a knot in your neck launching.

red
    2002 chevy camaro ss slp

You guys think your old I bought my6th cmaaro in Florida this one is right from SLP Engineering at 405 hp it is still a dog to me ,my 2004 z06 is quite fast at the present time 450 hp not fast enought im not to good at this guys as of today im 57 year old and still not satisified with my vehicles and not good with computers ill be watching this web site some interesting comments from people here. FJS

nice thing about florida is you can drive the cars all year long. i almost crashed my 2002 ssle just trying to move it to another bay in my garage yesterday. did you buy the ss new or send it back for an upgrade to get 405 hp ?

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I've owned 25 vehicles so far, 24 GM and 1 Dodge. bought a 89' IROC350 but had to sell because of having our first child, leased a 92' LT1 vette but got out of it when insurance tripled for no reason, and now bought my
    00' SS and it is 9 years old with 18k miles. All the other vehicles are for use, but I had to have a toy. It's always been about GM cars/trucks and what's new and next, I read magazines, watch TV and surf the net. If I had room and money I would love an old muslecar too.

Black
    2002 SS

I bought my 2002 SS at 46 because the wife said it was cheaper than me having a girlfreind. Since then I have bought two other girlfriends. A 2001 Z06 and a 2007 C6.
    I 'm getting a roving eye again for a younger 2010 SS Camaro. Old is a state of mind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information