Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

old maro owners

This is a discussion on old maro owners within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hence my question marks, i think the post of 67RS/SS is exactly in the line of the thread. each of ...

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

hence my question marks, i think the post of 67RS/SS is exactly in the line of the thread. each of us has individual motives for driving these cars, that's what makes a forum like this interesting. and staying with camaros for 30 years is a sign of devotion to them, right?

if you read his first post 2 of 3 comments were clearly insults aimed at me for no good reason.i simply defended myself. in my world respect must be earned.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Wow your are touchy. I read this all through just now, I did not think he was attacking you.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by m1a2d3 View Post
    just wondering why guys over 40 bought their ss. got mine in summer 2002 ss le 345hp 8k because i could finally afford one. love the old cars but i just want to hop in and enjoy it. also i think ss is one of the best performance buys dollar for dollar today .needed four seats for kids so i couldnt get a vette
    Basically the same for me, with Firebirds and V8 RWD cars. I have never liked or wanted a 4 cyl or even 6 cyl car, always found the way with used cars and they've had V8s.

My latest WS6 is just more of the same I've done since 1983 or so. Maybe I have been having my mid-life crisis since I've been 21?

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Your original question was / is why did older guys buy their Camaro's?
    Now that I've sold the last one and purchased my first Corvette, I feel I've made the next logical step in my progression of automobile ownership.
    Hmmm........sorry, can't agree with you on that one. I'm older them any of you young wippersnappers that have posted in regards to this question. (I'm 58)
    I've owned numerous Corvettes over the years, including some highly modified ones. I've always loved Camaros and finally decided to get one a few years ago: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._ss/index.html

I have to say I've never regretted the decision and this Camaro is the most fun car I've ever owned

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

^^^you, sir, have a really nice car...

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

if you read his first post 2 of 3 comments were clearly insults aimed at me for no good reason.i simply defended myself. in my world respect must be earned.
    Really?

You know there's a difference between "defending yourself" and "being a tool", right?

As far as earning respect, you fail.

G

red
    2000 Camaro SS

my camaro was a big part midlife crisis. since its my first hot rod got to the point if i didnt do it now i might not ever get another chance
    my dad is suffering from that, but will never admit it. At the age of 50 he just went out and baught his first bike among other things. I am glad someone can admit they are hitting/hit midlife crisis
    Last edited by J1211C; 12-20-2008 at 10:43 AM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Have mercy son, if I was gonna bust your balls you'd have known it. The only "insult" (such as it may have been) was about calling a Camaro a maro. Don't feel special though as you are not the 1st (nor will you be the last) that I take umbrage to about that.

While a Z28 is not an SS, they are the same car underneath the badges. You must have missed my comment (directed towards you) about the LE SS being a commorative car. Yes that makes it special. But swap the tires, shocks and exhaust and change the hood and spoiler and it's a Z28. It's not like it was with the 1st gens and early 2nd gens. Drivetrain and gearing is the same. Trust me on this.

And while I'm glad you chose an F-body to step into the world of muscle cars, my dissertation concerning my life long passion for the vehicle was merely to demonstrate that some of us (as I know I'm not alone) have had this obssesion forever. I was just fortunate enough to be able to purchase one cheap during the 1st gas crisis. Others (such as yourself - and you're not alone either) are just now experiencing this as these cars become more affordable. While I DD one I do have others that see limited use, even though I live in an area of the country that experiences near perpetual year round sunshine.

So, relax. Calm down and enjoy yourself. Have fun with your car when the sun comes back out.

i see your point heres mine. you just insulted me again. just because i couldnt afford to buy my first camaro until i was 42. i cant have the same passion for these cars you do. if you think owning your cars makes you happy try waiting 27 years to get your first one.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

i see your point heres mine. you just insulted me again. just because i couldnt afford to buy my first camaro until i was 42. i cant have the same passion for these cars you do. if you think owning your cars makes you happy try waiting 27 years to get your first one.
    I don't think he meant that as an insult.

Hey, it took me 8 years after losing my Chevelle to get another car with some muscle...

Shit sometimes happens and you are not alone is all I think he meant

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I don't think he meant that as an insult.

Hey, it took me 8 years after losing my Chevelle to get another car with some muscle...

Shit sometimes happens and you are not alone is all I think he meant
    It took me 22 years to get one and it was worth the wait. I can't even see where an insult was intended...... What is all of this I didn't think anybody was singled out but that was me just be happy that we are the fortunate ones that can own an f body and I couldn't afford an SS at that I just found a TA for a great price and I HAVE NO REGRETS. I love the SS but I also fell in love with my TA.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

you just insulted me again.
    ?????? I'm sorry but I (as well as others) just don't see it.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    My ownership of Camaro's commenced when I was 18 in 1973 when I bought a 69 SS 396. I was heavily influenced by 2 friends that had purchased 69's new: 1 a 69 SS350 and the other a 69 Indy Pace car purchased in early 1970 with 600+ miles on it (demo car - he was the 1st titled owner and he still has the car). I've owned a Camaro (or Camaros depending, primarily 1st gens) continuously for 30 years (since 1978). I've had the 67 I currently own since 1987. Bought a 1996 Z28 vert new in 96. Traded it in on a low mileage 2002 Z28 in 2005. Hotroded the 02 and bought the 98 for a DD. I've also put a down payment on a 2010 for when they make an SS vert version.

A "mid-life crisis" car for some, an everyday driving experience for others.
    haha. Damn I just wish I can have half the amount of cars you've had by the time I'm your age...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Damon33 View Post
    haha. Damn I just wish I can have half the amount of cars you've had by the time I'm your age...
    You're 19. It has just started for you! That is how it started for me too. But I don't have the fortunes in life to have (usually) more than one fun car at a time, like someone in this thread.

Make it a lifelong thing, then 25 years from now if you still have something similar, it won't be a crisis then. Or at least people can't claim it is a crisis. As long as we are not all driving the whiner (electric) cars by then............

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    You're 19. It has just started for you! That is how it started for me too. But I don't have the fortunes in life to have (usually) more than one fun car at a time, like someone in this thread.

Make it a lifelong thing, then 25 years from now if you still have something similar, it won't be a crisis then. Or at least people can't claim it is a crisis. As long as we are not all driving the whiner (electric) cars by then............
    Yeah I hear ya. I'm pretty sure I won't be driving on the "whiner" cars by then. haha

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    It took me 22 years to get one and it was worth the wait. I can't even see where an insult was intended...... What is all of this I didn't think anybody was singled out but that was me just be happy that we are the fortunate ones that can own an f body and I couldn't afford an SS at that I just found a TA for a great price and I HAVE NO REGRETS. I love the SS but I also fell in love with my TA.
    I had my Chevelle for just over 13 years, so, it was a big part of my life. People in town who didn't know me... knew me as the chick with the hopped up Chevelle

So, those 8 years without it may as well have been 22. It felt like 30

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

WoW the old folks thread... Muwhahahaha... My first car was a 71 Camaro. My dad worked for McDonlad Douglas. A bunch of co-workers from there would play poker every 2 weeks. All of them engineers I tell you. Anyway one them had a new 69 in 69.. I really liked it but fell in love with the second gens in 71..

And its not a mid life crisis here. For that to be the case I would have to go buy a Vette. If you asked my family if owing a camaro was a mid life crisis the would all say the same thing. No he always has a camaro.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 12-21-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    WoW the old folks thread... Muwhahahaha... My first car was a 71 Camaro. My dad worked for McDonlad Douglas. A bunch of co-workers from there would play poker every 2 weeks. All of them engineers I tell you. Anyway one them had a new 69 in 69.. I reall like it but fell in love with the second gens in 71..

And its not a mid life crisis here. For that to be the case I would have to go buy a Vette. If you asked my family if owing a A Camaro was a mid life crisis the would all say the same thing. No he always has a camaro.
    The old folks thead.......

My first car was a 71 Vega with a 350 in it One of the funnest cars ever to drive and I beat the crap out of it. But, always thought they looked like little Camaro's

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Vega's do look like a scaled down Camaro. Being able to fit a V8 was by design although the factory never made one that way. Want proof? Just look at a Monza. It were offered with 262, 305 and 350 V8's. The Vega and Monza (as well as the Pontiac Astre, Buick Skyhawk and Olds Starfire) were both H-bodies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information