White
    1998 Z28

OEM SS Hood, Spoiler SLP Grill

What is an OEM SS Hood, Spoiler SLP Grill worth in good condition? Just found all 3 pcs on CL.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I've seen OEM hoods go for upwards of $800-1000. Grilles are over $200 new and I'm not too sure on the spoiler.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

It wont hurt to buy an aftermarket spoiler,no one will notice the difference

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I've seen OEM hoods go for upwards of $800-1000. Grilles are over $200 new and I'm not too sure on the spoiler.
    not cheap thats for sure.

and ive seen ss spoilers for around 500

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    This.

I have one and you can't tell. Just make sure the prep work is done properly before they paint it.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    not cheap thats for sure.

and ive seen ss spoilers for around 500
    GM SS & WS6 hoods tend to be high,depending on seller my cousin got an original GM WS6 hood for $400 a few months ago,that was a heck of a deal if you ask me he asked if that was a good price i said HECK YEAH! those things arent cheap,so if u find one for that price or lower buy it ASAP,BTW it wont last on craigslist,so i'll buy if i was you,i wasnt aware the SS spoilers sell for $500,lucky me i got mine from pull a part for $20,makes me wanna sell mine,but only way i sell it i gotta buy an SS

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Expect to pay 1500.00 for all three before paint. Make sure they are SLP and not aftermarket if you are paying in this range. The spoiler is easy, look for SLP on the center taillight. The hood and grill should also have SLP somewhere on them. Good luck.

White
    1998 Z28

I will check it out. Is there anyway to tell the difference between an OEM SS hood (Non SLP) and aftermarket?

Thanks for the info. Seller still has all three parts. Now waiting for a reply to meet and see parts.

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    Oh yes you can....

The aftermarkets are all one piece, and the edges are molded a bit soft, no sharp lines.

The factory spoilers are in fact a 2 piece design with a very distinct parting line around the entire outer perimeter. The edges molded are much sharper and better match the body lines where the quarter panel makes it's bend under the lid.

It may be subtle, and can't be determined from 30 feet away, but those that know can easily see an aftermarket piece.

On the center LED light, you can buy them that still have the SLP molded in and the part number, and it's easily changed, so that's not a sure fire way of authenticating.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 11-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMBL View Post
    I will check it out. Is there anyway to tell the difference between an OEM SS hood (Non SLP) and aftermarket?

Thanks for the info. Seller still has all three parts. Now waiting for a reply to meet and see parts.
    Yes you can, the OEM hoods have "Made in Canada" stamped into the bottom of the hood near the cowl along with a part number....

White
    1998 Z28

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oh yes you can....

The aftermarkets are all one piece, and the edges are molded a bit soft, no sharp lines.

The factory spoilers are in fact a 2 piece design with a very distinct parting line around the entire outer perimeter. The edges molded are much sharper and better match the body lines where the quarter panel makes it's bend under the lid.

It may be subtle, and can't be determined from 30 feet away, but those that know can easily see an aftermarket piece.

On the center LED light, you can buy them that still have the SLP molded in and the part number, and it's easily changed, so that's not a sure fire way of authenticating.
    i didnt know that,i guess i'll have to examine mine,but i can tell a real GM SS hood and WS6 hood LoL!

White
    1998 Z28

Picked all three parts up last night. The hood "Made in Canada", rear spoiler is 2 pc plus it has the SLP markings on the third brake light. The SS grill not sure if it s OEM. I can't find anything other than one number. Wasn't really after the grill anyway.

All three pieces $800.

Now just have to wait and see how much it’s going to be to get the whole car repainted.

If you have an SS grille, it's an original. Those aren't repopped by anyone. They are still sold new however from different suppliers, but they are all authentic SLP pieces.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by FMBL View Post
    Picked all three parts up last night. The hood "Made in Canada", rear spoiler is 2 pc plus it has the SLP markings on the third brake light. The SS grill not sure if it s OEM. I can't find anything other than one number. Wasn't really after the grill anyway.

All three pieces $800.

Now just have to wait and see how much it’s going to be to get the whole car repainted.
    $800 not a bad deal especially with it being a GM hood,ppl pay $800 just for the hood by itself

green
    94 camaro

Where can I get a ram air box kit for a 96 ss CAMARO?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by supercamaro View Post
    Where can I get a ram air box kit for a 96 ss CAMARO?
    Search for one

Craigslist, eBay.... good places to start. Otherwise, search local scrapyards to see what they have. Or keep an eye out in the parts for sale section here.

Thread Information