Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Obama wants YOU to own a Z/28!

This is a discussion on Obama wants YOU to own a Z/28! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Says who? 03/04 cobra, perfectly driveable/streetable. Corvette zr1 perfectly driveable/stretable. Many forced induction cars are used ...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Says who? 03/04 cobra, perfectly driveable/streetable. Corvette zr1 perfectly driveable/stretable. Many forced induction cars are used as DDs. From factory they come with low boost and conservative tuning.
    my charged ls3 would have a cam/heads/intake/exhaust, lots of pavement shreding goodies, not something i'd drive to work in, whereas if i got an ls7 i'd might get a mild cam/exhaust but thats it

if thought many hours upon this,

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    my charged ls3 would have a cam/heads/intake/exhaust, lots of pavement shreding goodies, not something i'd drive to work in, whereas if i got an ls7 i'd might get a mild cam/exhaust but thats it

if thought many hours upon this,
    Other than traction issues i still see no problem with FI cars. Summer DDs anyway

1998 Trans Am

Other than traction issues i still see no problem with FI cars. Summer DDs anyway
    the fastest f-body in hunt county is a stroked cammed ls1, stalled built auto about 25k in the motor/tranny 01 camaro z28

the guy never brings his car out but fridays and saturdays, and for good reason, it shakes the ground when your close to it, not at all tame, this is how my ls3 will be, except blown not stroked,

Arctic White, red/gray

the fastest f-body in hunt county is a stroked cammed ls1, stalled built auto about 25k in the motor/tranny 01 camaro z28

the guy never brings his car out but fridays and saturdays, and for good reason, it shakes the ground when your close to it, not at all tame, this is how my ls3 will be, except blown not stroked,
    An all motor engine and built for boost engine will have very different cams and sounds. FI is usually more tame until you get into boost and rarely has a HUGE LSA cam like N/A.

Im not saying dont build a weekend warrior or track whore, build what you want but dont think there arent 700-1000whp cars that a drive on the streets quite often. I know a guy around me with 1700whp high 7 second car that he drive on the street.

Black
    2000 T/A

chargedls3 just not as drivable day-to-day
    just stop, that's like your 3rd response in this thread. I don't want to see people start bashing you. they're already starting to bicker and disagree with you about f/i cars

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Agree. Ie: my old tuner car the stock 1/4 times were a full second+ slower than most people get with a half descent driver. Also car and driver TV on my car from back in the day miss posted the 1/4 time, and the 0-60 time was off by nearly 2 seconds because their "professional" driver was slow as fawk between gears..Hell most folks could take a drink of Pepsi between their guys shifts.. You put me in it you wearin' it..
    Didn't we have this very same conversation at one time?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    just stop, that's like your 3rd response in this thread. I don't want to see people start bashing you. they're already starting to bicker and disagree with you about f/i cars
    read post 41, 43 i wouldnt want a gas whoring, argressive cammed, boosted, rubber liquifier motor as a dd,

not a hard concept to grasp at all
    Last edited by justinmc978; 11-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

read post 41, 43 i wouldnt want a gas whoring, argressive cammed, boosted, rubber liquifier motor as a dd, f/i or not,

not a hard concept to grasp at all
    Personal preference does not mean it is a terrible DD. Most FI cars you wouldn't know are boosted until you get into the throttle anyway. They tend to have much tamer cams built specifically for forced induction applications. Hence the reason there are blown and turbo cars that make excellent power, and fuel economy (if you can keep out of the boost.) N/A cars you can usually hear from a mile away though....

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Personal preference does not mean it is a terrible DD. Most FI cars you wouldn't know are boosted until you get into the throttle anyway. They tend to have much tamer cams built specifically for forced induction applications. Hence the reason there are blown and turbo cars that make excellent power, and fuel economy (if you can keep out of the boost.) N/A cars you can usually hear from a mile away though....
    who said i can?

and okay fine, let me correct my original reponse since one or two of ya'll just have to be so closed minded...

chargedls3, that i build, just not as drivable day-to-day for me

my argument isnt about being f/i or not, i'm not saying being f/i makes a motor anyless streetable,

my argument is about a mostly stock motor being smoother running and slightly more dependable than a hard loping cammed out f/i drag motor
    Last edited by justinmc978; 11-07-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

who said i can?

and okay fine, let me correct my original reponse since one or two of ya'll just have to be so closed minded...

chargedls3, that i build, just not as drivable day-to-day for me

my argument isnt about being f/i or not, i'm not saying being f/i makes a motor anyless streetable,

my argument is about a mostly stock motor being smoother running and slightly more dependable than a hard loping cammed out f/i drag motor
    Well I believe your original "argument" was this:
    chargedls3 just not as drivable day-to-day
    And that's fine. But I don't understand why you are stating the fact that I'm close minded.

But I suggest we all get this thread back on topic.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well I believe your original "argument" was this:

And that's fine. But I don't understand why you are stating the fact that I'm close minded.

But I suggest we all get this thread back on topic.
    ah sorry that wasnt really pointed at you, people just kept arguing AFTER i said how my motor would be, i realized i got too caught up in my plans i forget to include extra details..

and yeah that does sound great
    Last edited by justinmc978; 11-07-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I'm sure that most everyone has heard this already, about the pending release date of the newest member of the Camaro family. I just got my latest edition of Motor Trend.

I'll make this short and to the point;
    The Z/28 will have the 6.2 liter supercharged LSA V-8 tuned to 556hp and 551 tq.

They are expecting very low 12 sec. 1/4's and a top speed somewhere near 193mph.

It will be launched no earlier than late 2011 as a 2012 model.

One last note it may only be offered as a 6 speed.

Pick up the latest Motor trend for all the details and an artist's rendition of the car.

what price are we talking?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    Probably going to be looking around the GT500 price range... 50k or so. I can't foresee GM actually charging more than a new Vette though for a Camaro. We can only play the waiting game at this point.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    The article didn't mention any prices...but in some interest to any future Corvette owners, it did say that GM is going to place a "Split-Window" on the new C7...ala 1963.
    That should be interesting, it also went on to say that the "Corvette" in the newest Transformers 2 movie had little to do with the real C7. Actually nothing to do with it other than the split-window.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

I'll make this short and to the point;
    The Z/28 will have the 6.2 liter supercharged LSA V-8 tuned to 556hp and 551 tq.

They are expecting very low 12 sec. 1/4's and a top speed somewhere near 193mph.
    Must weigh 10,000 lbs then...............pretty sad times for that kind of power...............

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

The article didn't mention any prices...but in some interest to any future Corvette owners, it did say that GM is going to place a "Split-Window" on the new C7...ala 1963.
    That should be interesting, it also went on to say that the "Corvette" in the newest Transformers 2 movie had little to do with the real C7. Actually nothing to do with it other than the split-window.
    while i love the 63 split windows..there was a reason it was only a year thing..and many cut the center support out...i wonder who made that comment...the designers or the engineers..i doubt the engineers will let a split window fly..and if they do..i think it will be bad news

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

They're roughly 400 lbs heavier than the 4th generation Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Must weigh 10,000 lbs then...............pretty sad times for that kind of power...............

Black
    98 Z28

I wanna know how much this new Z is gonna cost. And whats gonna happen to the price of the SS. I see them both going through the roof.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I wanna know how much this new Z is gonna cost. And whats gonna happen to the price of the SS. I see them both going through the roof.
    GM isnt in any place right now to be charging through the roof prices. If they ever wanna be taken seriously in the car world again they need to offer a great product with competative prices and cut there ties with the Government.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

GM isnt in any place right now to be charging through the roof prices. If they ever wanna be taken seriously in the car world again they need to offer a great product with competative prices and cut there ties with the Government.
    I'm thinking the new Z will be in the 50K range easy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information