Red
    2000 SS

noob headlight/foglight questions

Just wondering if there is a button specificly for the fog lights? because when i turn on my light at night they dont come on.(im guessing they just dont work). Any help? thanks

Red
    2000 SS

wow nevermind i found the switch. but one of the bulbs isnt working.....hwere can i find a replacment and is it easy to do? cuz it looks like its in a hard spot to reach.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Go to a car parts store, monument, kragen or whatever. They aren't hard to get to if you have some bricks or a jack to get underneath the car. I f you can't figure it out i'll come over and help you-with a small charge of course.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

theres a small plastic piece with either clips or screws cant remeber exactly anyways that black plastic piece comes out in two seconds you dont have to jack the car up or anything. Then you can get right in there and swap the bulb. this piece is under the light. The other fog light switch is under the spare tire in the trunk.

Red
    2000 SS

So i did it, and tried to clean the haze off the headlights. i also put in some of the sylvania bright bulbs. thanks for the help

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

how do you wire in the 2 halo headlights that are usually purchased off ebay?

i bought them today and i wanted to know how to wire them before they come so i can throw them on...

typically do you have to splice the halo wires into the running lights or something or how do u do it???

thanks

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post

i bought them today and i wanted to know how to wire them before they come so i can throw them on...

typically do you have to splice the halo wires into the running lights or something or how do u do it???

thanks
    make a new thread

Pewter
    2001 Z28

thanks
    You dont have to start a new thread bro, although the search function would of popped up the old thread were I explained exactly how to do this. Just splice into the running light that does not control the blinker also test the wiring before you crimp or solder, so you know its not going to blink with the blinker, and it will also light up the halos when you arm and disarm the alarm fuckin awesome right! I believe its the bulb thats closer to the grill. so you find out which bulb doesnt blink with the blinker and cut both wires leaving a good amount of wire on both sides, then test it out make sure it works before soldering or crimpin. I could actually start a thread and post pics and try to make it into a sticky cause this question seems to pop up alot.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

I should just make a thread out of it because you could accidently wire it up in series which would be bad, you want parallel. I have time to do it tomorrow so let me know.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

thanks
    I spliced into the parking lights, had them for over a year now with no problems.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by L...S...1 View Post
    Click for full size
    So i did it, and tried to clean the haze off the headlights. i also put in some of the sylvania bright bulbs. thanks for the help
    Save up some money and upgrade to HID's in lights and fogs, the light is 3X brighter and looks awesome and you can get white, blue or purple.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah a how to on how to do it would help IMMENSELY.. ahahahaha i am electronics savvy a little but i really would like to exactly know what im doing before i scew up my wires or just do it wrong...

so thatd be absolutely awsome if you could do something even if it was general.. any bit would help me

thanks alot

and yeah those HIDs are cool..

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

thanks
    First remove your headlights, there is one 10mm bolt in middle at top facing backwards. Take out that bolt and the headlights just slide to left or right depending what side your removing. I think either one goes towards the middle of the car because there is to clips that hold the bottom of the light in. You will have to play around a bit to get headlight out, after the first time you will see how easy it is. With headlight out locate the parking light wires, hook the white to + and the black to -. Then slide new halo lights in the bottom two brackets, then reinstall the one 10mm bolt. It is not as hard as it appears, it is actually very easy. The first time I did it, I thought it was going to be hard but it wasnt. Good luck, you can do it.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i thought about it today... and i think i want to slice them into the fog lights... it makes more sense to me... i mean i'll have them on 100% of the time anyway but that way i have more "control" over them

so what is the best way in doing this... what kind of slice kit is best... etc....

any thoughts on wiring it to the fog lights instead?? any of you do this?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

i thought about it today... and i think i want to slice them into the fog lights... it makes more sense to me... i mean i'll have them on 100% of the time anyway but that way i have more "control" over them

so what is the best way in doing this... what kind of slice kit is best... etc....

any thoughts on wiring it to the fog lights instead?? any of you do this?
    I think thats fine also! This way you can turn em on or off, just cut the wire and solder them. BAM! or if you know how to expose some wire and solder them without cutting that would be best.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

so they are wired in parallel correct?.... does the headlight assembly have enough wire on it to run down to the foglight connections anyway?

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

http://www.gordonrichards.net/300zx/....connector.jpg

is that ok to use then... as long as i cover it up good from the elements?

has anyone used these?

Red
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Save up some money and upgrade to HID's in lights and fogs, the light is 3X brighter and looks awesome and you can get white, blue or purple. Click for full size
    i would like to save up but here in california i would get pulled over in a second for having that blue of lights and purple.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by L...S...1 View Post
    i would like to save up but here in california i would get pulled over in a second for having that blue of lights and purple.
    You can get 6000k that are white or 8000K that are light bluish. You will not get in trouble for that every high end vehicle out today uses them. Do it, you will be very happy and at night it is much safer driving. Giddyup.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

so again.... are those splicers ok to use then? has anyone used them?

Thread Information