Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

noob asks questions

This is a discussion on noob asks questions within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i guess i also forgot to mention that i'm not looking to hit the drag strip or anything like that. ...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i guess i also forgot to mention that i'm not looking to hit the drag strip or anything like that. i'll be driving this thing daily on the highway to and from school so i want to keep it good and streetable and maintain decent gas mileage.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i guess i also forgot to mention that i'm not looking to hit the drag strip or anything like that. i'll be driving this thing daily on the highway to and from school so i want to keep it good and streetable and maintain decent gas mileage.
    Get a lid and a mild-mannered cat-back and leave it alone then. I think you will be pleased with it.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yeah agreed.....when i put my borla on my 99z when i was 21 i nearly shit myself....REALLY wakes the car up..makes it sound the way it should of from the factory....magnaflow is supposed to be a good exhaust thats relitivly cheap......slps loudmouth is cheap as well but as it says its loud and raspy from what ive heard ..flowmaster sounds great but dosnt do much to improve hp from what guys on here have said

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    yeah agreed.....when i put my borla on my 99z when i was 21 i nearly shit myself....REALLY wakes the car up..makes it sound the way it should of from the factory....magnaflow is supposed to be a good exhaust thats relitivly cheap......slps loudmouth is cheap as well but as it says its loud and raspy from what ive heard ..flowmaster sounds great but dosnt do much to improve hp from what guys on here have said
    Magnaflow is more mellow, has great tone. Borla is a bit loud. Flowmaster is -10whp usually.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

kool. thanks for the replies fellas. i think it's got aftermarket exhaust on it as it is...not sure what type or anything like that...prolly some kind of a generic deal. sounds really nice though.

Black
    1998 Z/28

speaking of gas mileage, When i did my lid and Loudmouth 2 exhaust, i gained about 4 miles per gallon, went from 18 to 22. Im a broke college kid too, hehe
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information