Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

New Z28

This is a discussion on New Z28 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS 1:64 scale? keep on topic or i'll give you an infraction...

  1. #21
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    1:64 scale?
    keep on topic or i'll give you an infraction

  2. #22
    Member pewterz55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    502

    light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Its a diecast model haha
    haha i figured, but hey ya never know.

  3. #23
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The SS is only 3800lbs, i hope the z28 isnt 4100 lol.

    11.3 and 11.2 is a bit low for that car on street tires. I can see low 11s on drag radials but on stock steet tires expect low 12s high 11s.
    I thought the SS was closer to 4k lbs... I could be wrong.

    But the SLP ZL575 supercharged camaro with the LS3 is claiming 11.6 @121. Track proven @ 11.8 and that is at 575 horsies.

  4. #24
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    This is what it said on the link posted...The near 4300 CTS-V The Z28 will weigh 200-300 pounds less than the CTS-V. I geuss the weigh of the supercharger is where the weigh is coming from..
    both are supercharged

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    176

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    1999 Camaro SS

    Why is the Z28 the top of the line? Back in the 60's didn't the SS come with the bigger motor?

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    47

    Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

    I was going to order a new ss this coming summer but Iam going to wait for this badass Z all ways owned one a Z so why buy an ss now

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by outlawZ28 View Post
    i read an article in motor trend comparing the super charged camaro the shelby super snake and a supercharged srt8 and they said the camaro took the trophy home and the Z28 camaro will perform pretty much the same so we can all get ready for the most bad ass camaro ever exept the 69 of course
    Yes but that camaro put down 615whp and 635wtrq thats about 700-720crank hp alot mroe than 556.

  8. #28
    Junior Member hugh jwanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    28

    WHITE
    2000 SS CAMARO

    yeah, why isnt the ss top of the pack ????????

  9. #29
    Senior Member 00LS12LS6Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bristow, VA
    Posts
    663

    Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

    Wow 0-60 in 3.9?!?! That is exotic car like numbers.

  10. #30
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    this article is a repost but whatevs, no one else seems to remember it,

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jwanger View Post
    yeah, why isnt the ss top of the pack ????????

    the reasoning for the z28 and ss, in 69 SS's had bigger motors but the Z's had better features/handling, into the early 70's Z's still had more features such as a front spoiler i believe? and a considerable amount more horsepower over the SS. until the the SS's demise in 73?

    in years in which both the SS and the Z28 were availiable (1969-1972), the Z28 is typically more desirable, thusly chevy's reasoning for making the Z the 'top dog'

    fourth gens really discarded this hierarchy.
    Last edited by justinmc978; 12-01-2009 at 09:08 AM.

  11. #31
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jwanger View Post
    yeah, why isnt the ss top of the pack ????????
    Because unfortunately they have slapped a SS on everycar in the stable over the years so it is not like the 60's anymore where it was a serious car only with a SS option. A Z-28 is only a performance Camaro and nothing else.

  12. #32
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by SSmokin99 View Post
    Why is the Z28 the top of the line? Back in the 60's didn't the SS come with the bigger motor?
    I can't believe you said that you should have come out to the last goodguys car show. The 302's were vastly underrated, and they were racing those at the track not the 396's.

  13. #33
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jwanger View Post
    yeah, why isnt the ss top of the pack ????????
    The z28 was the top of the line, it wasn't until a bunch of executives who drive foreign cars botched up the totem poll.

    This gives you some of the history
    http://www.holisticpage.com/camaro/camaros/302.htm

  14. #34
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    this article is a repost but whatevs, no one else seems to remember it,

    .
    Bite me

  15. #35
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Because unfortunately they have slapped a SS on everycar in the stable over the years so it is not like the 60's anymore where it was a serious car only with a SS option. A Z-28 is only a performance Camaro and nothing else.
    What's your point?

  16. #36
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    What's your point?
    That my SS is special but no others are?

  17. #37
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    This is what it said on the link posted...The near 4300 CTS-V The Z28 will weigh 200-300 pounds less than the CTS-V. I geuss the weigh of the supercharger is where the weigh is coming from..
    I highly doubt its just because of a supercharger they dont weigh that much, I believe its because of the whole drive train set up plus motor set up, hopefully they are not putting crap ass rear ends in these camaro's hopefully they learned from that dumbass mistake.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I highly doubt its just because of a supercharger they dont weigh that much, I believe its because of the whole drive train set up plus motor set up, hopefully they are not putting crap ass rear ends in these camaro's hopefully they learned from that dumbass mistake.
    Well any IRS rear end you put in a drag car has a better chance of breaking than a properly built live axle. But they still arent as weak as the 10 bolt

  19. #39
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I can't believe you said that you should have come out to the last goodguys car show. The 302's were vastly underrated, and they were racing those at the track not the 396's.
    they were racing the 302's because of trans am rules, not because the 302 was a god-motor,

    the next year in '70 the trans am series allowed for a bigger motor thusly the Z cars got good 'ole 350's

    it was good on the strip for its size no doubt, they can rev to the sky, but compared to a built 396...
    Last edited by justinmc978; 12-01-2009 at 02:22 PM.

  20. #40
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    both are supercharged
    The SS isnt supercharged. I was saying thats where the extra weigh was coming from..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •