Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new V6 camaro > mustang GT

This is a discussion on new V6 camaro > mustang GT within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Gm = Bank Rupt in the near future!!!!! Nothing good is coming out of them....

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Gm = Bank Rupt in the near future!!!!! Nothing good is coming out of them.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

I think a 300 horse V6 would be a pretty sweet concession to those who do not get a V8. Just think of the turbo/SC possibilities, could be really fast for less than the price of a V8 car.... and the chassis will be stout enough for 400+ HP right from the factory too.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Or you can just Buy a 98-02 and put 26 grand in it and have the baddest car on the block hands down!!!!

Ill build one before I buy one! The new Camaro is going to be JUNK!! WIth all the restrictions and crap, Give me a old car and the cash!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'll believe all of this when I see it.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Or you can just Buy a 98-02 and put 26 grand in it and have the baddest car on the block hands down!!!!

Ill build one before I buy one! The new Camaro is going to be JUNK!! WIth all the restrictions and crap, Give me a old car and the cash!
    what do u mean by restrictions? like rev limiter, emissions (cats, etc), speed limiters, traction control?
    sounds pretty normal to me... maybe im missing something

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I hear someone on LS1 say they was making a Hybrid Camaro? Whats the point? Sorry I just don't think its going to be worth anyone's time or money, Especially for the prices everyone is throwing out there.

Also on the new camaro's you better own a computer lab to do any work on it, There making the cars now days so you cannot work on them in your back yard garage. You gotta take it to the dealer for everything. Sorry but If I can't fix it myself, I don't want it.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

I hear someone on LS1 say they was making a Hybrid Camaro? Whats the point? Sorry I just don't think its going to be worth anyone's time or money, Especially for the prices everyone is throwing out there.

Also on the new camaro's you better own a computer lab to do any work on it, There making the cars now days so you cannot work on them in your back yard garage. You gotta take it to the dealer for everything. Sorry but If I can't fix it myself, I don't want it.
    I completely agree with you on that one...i have a hard enough time working on the 02's

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

It might have 300hp but will never sound half as good as a V8. Which I feel is a big part of the whole muscle car experience. Sure its a pain in the ass to order food at a drive thru window because all the dude can hear is your car..but I love it! ha!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You wont know until they release it. The only reason anyone assumes there is a hybrid camaro coming out is because of the new government laws on fuel economy. Thats why the camaro production has been halted a few times. And as far as working on the car, just like in the 60's new technology will come out so you can work on the car. I'm sure when fuel injection came out people jumped out of their seats in confusion...

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Silver
    98 Z28

i totally agree with Sleeper101. I want a car that I could actually work on and fiddle with and not worry about screwing something up. The new Caddy V6 gets about the same gas mileage as a 5.7 liter LS1, I would predict that the LS3 is going to suck some gas with 420 hp..personally i think the new camaro is too big, bulky, and heavy.

Black
    2000 T/A

wait....

the v6 camaro is ging to have a cadillac motor?? like as in a north star?

I thought the 3.5 high output made something like 265hp....

on another note: the camaro's will make at least 100k...... because that's when GM really started bitching last time around about sales being down when we started teetering around the 100k mark in sales.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Gm = Bank Rupt in the near future!!!!! Nothing good is coming out of them.
    you serious?? so you are telling me the cadillac V-series are crap? and lets not mention the Z06 and ZR1...Tahoe? Silverado?...you are out of your mind bro...GM is starting to pick up quite nicely if you ask me

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    wait....

the v6 camaro is ging to have a cadillac motor?? like as in a north star?

I thought the 3.5 high output made something like 265hp....

on another note: the camaro's will make at least 100k...... because that's when GM really started bitching last time around about sales being down when we started teetering around the 100k mark in sales.
    the CTS has a 3.6 and I think for 08 the power got boosted to 300..maybe it was 07

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    well the v6 is suppose t sell for around 25k so I have no clue what the v8 will sell for...doubt it will be 60k and if anyof this turns out to be false I do apologize
    i actually heard all of this quite some time ago, i figured it was all speculation...i did tell everyone about how the v6 is gonna be more powerful than the mustang's v8 though hehe

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    i actually heard all of this quite some time ago, i figured it was all speculation...i did tell everyone about how the v6 is gonna be more powerful than the mustang's v8 though hehe
    I think that's the greatest part of the whole thing ...gm can do more with a v6 than ford can do with a v8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information