Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Purchase

This is a discussion on New Purchase within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yeah! That's a great name, a stripper name (Crissy), and also my wife's name! (But my wifes not a stripper) ...

Black
    02 Z28

yeah! That's a great name, a stripper name (Crissy), and also my wife's name! (But my wifes not a stripper)
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned gears?
    Do you guys think puttin shorter gears in the rear end is a good idea? I haven't checked with my machinist but it can't be too expensive.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

sure gears would help especially if he only has the 2.73's

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I was curious about that too as well as what it takes to strengthen the backend. I've seen a few comments that it's weak and it can be strengthened via 12 bolts but I'm not sure what that entails.

After I got that shift knob off I went to the auto parts store in the morning. They didn't have what I was looking for so I settled on this hurst knob. I was so set on not having that leather ball in there. It reminds me of an axe handle or pistol and it's kind of growing on me.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10101

What do you think? I wanted a titanium type knob but I think this will do until I find one. Is it too ugly? It's definitely a lot of handle.

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    I was curious about that too as well as what it takes to strengthen the backend. I've seen a few comments that it's weak and it can be strengthened via 12 bolts but I'm not sure what that entails.

After I got that shift knob off I went to the auto parts store in the morning. They didn't have what I was looking for so I settled on this hurst knob. I was so set on not having that leather ball in there. It reminds me of an axe handle it's kind of growing on me.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10101

What do you think? I wanted a titanium type knob but I think this will do until I find one. Is it too ugly? It's definitely a lot of handle.
    i like it and your post makes me want to correct my last post about gears. since your a m6 you will have either 3.23 or 3.73, m6 guys usually go with 4.10's . . and yes our rear end is weak, but depends on your performance plans, it should be good for minimal mods

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Hell yeah. Next stop a tune up.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

3.23 Or 3.42 Not 3.73

thats what i meant
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    3.23 Or 3.42 Not 3.73

Black
    02 Z28

Anybody have some ET's with stock set up and 4.10's?
    and what would that do to the MPG (not that it matters...)

Black
    02 Z28 M6

After the purchase it sat in the shop 3 days as they replaced some sensors and a cat that had broken. Turns out those are warrantied for 80,000 miles by the dealership due to a defect. So I finally get it out yesterday and the shop hadn't fixed the screw in the front driver side tire. Right away I'm worried as this means that I'm going to Discount Tire. I already bought their damn plan, and they already trashed one car. Screwed up my custom rims with their guns (chipped all the paint off real nice), cracked the front bumper, and all the rivets around my wheel wells.

I think to myself it's just a screw they can't possibly break anything. They jack the car up at the spot right in front of the door where an L shaped metal part is. Very obvious this little piece of metal is not going to hold up the car and of course it gets crushed. The body in front of the door was sticking out about 2/3 inches. I didn't notice till I got to work. When I got home I bent it back, but it never ceases to amaze me how well they treat my vehicles. They gave my new ride the K car treatment again. If you ever go to this place stand there and watch them like a babysitter because the second you look away they'll screw your car up. They will deny deny deny. It's probably a waste to complain the best they can do is offer me something that they want to put on my ride and I know how well that goes!
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-08-2008 at 11:25 PM.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

welcome. nice car u have always enjoying to see more z28 out there.i was looking at the first pic u post on ur thread, take to where u changed ur wheels and tell them look it was not like that before have pic to prof it and now fix it.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I managed to bend it back with a pipe wrench and it looks good.
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-11-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information