Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Owner with some quest.

This is a discussion on New Owner with some quest. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Welcome to the boards!! Enjoy your new ride. My SS is up for sale. I would def put an LS6 ...

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Welcome to the boards!! Enjoy your new ride. My SS is up for sale. I would def put an LS6 intake on her!!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by 99Ztwenty8 View Post
    skip shift

the skip shift function works between 15 - 21 mph while in first gear and the throttle is less than ?? % open... basically when you go to shift a little light will come on and it will lock you out of second and third gear...when you pull down towards second it will automatically slide you over towards fourth...can be a real drag sometimes. such as pulling out into a busy street. can be eliminated with a 15-30 dollar bypass thing from jeggs or summit or ebay.
    less than 35% throttle. forces you from 1st to 4th. gotta loves CAGS (Computer Aided Gear Selection)

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

BTW, welcome to the board. now start modding her up. you have some catching up to do!
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Race cars have a clutch redss454's Avatar

Black
    2000 Z28

Thanks a lot all. That CAGS is the strangest thing that I have ever heard of. Guess a manual really isn't a manual anymore. Could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    BTW, welcome to the board. now start modding her up. you have some catching up to do!
    I do have some catching up to do, but I got a lot of time. The Z is just going to be a daily driver. If I need something to go fast in I take out my Chevelle.

But don't worry, I have some plans for it. Just time and money. I want to do gauges right away, but that engine bay is a bit intimidating. My Chevelle is a Big Block with no A/C, P/S. I could eat dinner in there. I popped teh hood on the Camaro and was amazed at some of the stuff in there. But theres only one way to learn right? And thanks to the advice on here, I will be doing the sub frame connectors.

Forgot to mention that it comes with a Bazooka sub and 12 disck CD Changer. But the LM is the greatest sound system in the car.

I can't wait 'till Wednesday...

Chris

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by redss454 View Post
    Thanks a lot all. That CAGS is the strangest thing that I have ever heard of. Guess a manual really isn't a manual anymore. Could be worse.

I do have some catching up to do, but I got a lot of time. The Z is just going to be a daily driver. If I need something to go fast in I take out my Chevelle.

But don't worry, I have some plans for it. Just time and money. I want to do gauges right away, but that engine bay is a bit intimidating. My Chevelle is a Big Block with no A/C, P/S. I could eat dinner in there. I popped teh hood on the Camaro and was amazed at some of the stuff in there. But theres only one way to learn right? And thanks to the advice on here, I will be doing the sub frame connectors.

Forgot to mention that it comes with a Bazooka sub and 12 disck CD Changer. But the LM is the greatest sound system in the car.

I can't wait 'till Wednesday...

Chris
    Yeah, it is kinda tight in there. If you are going to put valve springs on it with the heads still on the car, be prepared to your way through it. But swapping the heads was surprisingly easy, but a little time consuming. It was FAR easier to change the valve springs with the heads on the workbench, that is for sure. That is why I encourage people to swap the heads, intake, and cam at the same go, and put an LS6 oil pump in there while they are at it. A lot of work is shared between the installs.

It is not going to be like working on your Chevelle, that is for sure. Damn newfangled cars...
    Last edited by Roastem; 01-09-2007 at 06:44 AM. Reason: can't spell, darn 2nd grade education

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information