Thread: The new owner.

Arrest me red
    2001 Camaro SS #2254

The new owner.

Hello there!

I just purchased my 2001 camaro SS about 5 months ago. The car is absolutely fantastic.

I bought it from a guy getting out of the service/getting married/moving and he just couldn't keep it anymore. He claims to have been the second owner and purchased it from a dealership close by. He claims he never modified the car and purchased it with the mods already installed.

it appears the first owner put in - from what i can tell - a short throw shifter, a corsa exhaust of some sort, and a new K&N cold air intake. Along with a little thing that shuts off the ASR on start and i have to manually turn it back on.

theres also a few little tags on the car that claim its up to 400HP.

The car runs like stink and blows the doors of my fathers 70 chevelle SS396 - so its obviously pumping pretty hard.

But I can't assume a new K&N Intake and a corsa exhaust would pop this thing to 400? i've not dynoed it yet so i can't tell if its true. But knowing the car HAS been modified - what possibly could have been done to make it this powerful (if its not a lie)

Any ideas? Or anyway i can tell if there is a new cam in it short of pulling the engine apart? Or am i just gonna have to dyno the bad boy to really figure it out?

I don't really care either way - i enjoy the car as it is and won't ever be selling it.... it would just be nice to know :-P

After purchase - seen next to 70SS and my old camaro (which sold days later)

After a good wash.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Nice find! Welcome to the site you should have it dynoed so you know what it is actually putting down.

CJ

1999 Z28

They go like stink stock.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Congrats and welcome to the site
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

black
    99 z28 a4

welcome!... its not that hard to believe tho a stock 70 ls6 454 chevelle is an easy low 13's high 12's if i remeber right and your car un modded should be mid 13's so its not to far fetched... sounds fun tho!

Arrest me red
    2001 Camaro SS #2254

Quote Originally Posted by silplu83 View Post
    They go like stink stock.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    welcome!... its not that hard to believe tho a stock 70 ls6 454 chevelle is an easy low 13's high 12's if i remeber right and your car un modded should be mid 13's so its not to far fetched... sounds fun tho!
    Yeah. my last camaro was lots of fun. But i decided this time i needed something that was either gonna catch him or beat 'em

The first time i let him drive it he goes about 0-80 MPH in about 7-8 seconds - looks down and sees hes just now dropping it to 3rd - with 3 more gears left. and he just kinda shakes his head and goes "yeah you got me now."

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

hello welcome to the site. and nice to see a bitchin red maro ss love ur wheels by the way.

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowdocent View Post
    Amen.

Yeah. my last camaro was lots of fun. But i decided this time i needed something that was either gonna catch him or beat 'em

The first time i let him drive it he goes about 0-80 MPH in about 7-8 seconds - looks down and sees hes just now dropping it to 3rd - with 3 more gears left. and he just kinda shakes his head and goes "yeah you got me now."

Thanks for the welcome!!!!

Yeah my mom liked to have died when she drove my 2000 Z for the first time she had a 74 Z and was allways proud about it so one night she was drivin and thought she would try it out and she punched it from a light and said she liked to have heart atack when shifting into overdrive and looked down and saw she was above 130 lol then she promtly came home and chewed my father a new one lol poor dad cought the lol good find man and welcome ...like a slowstang driver told me one night at the track ...."its a fckin ls1 you spit on them and they get 10 hp" best damn motot chevy/gm ever made

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Welcome to the LS1 family and congratulations on the new vehicle. Looks AWESOME!!!

Love to see more pics!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Thread Information