Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here....

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

New here....

just wanted to say hi... been looking on the site latley and decided to join... I am a member of another site that is called powerstroke.org... but any who.. I have a 2002 SS... the mods are SLP lid, K&N, Flowmaster, SLP longtube... oooo and from what I have read on this site I have something unusual about my car from what I can see... it came with the 3.24 rear end... now really though how common is it for that rear end in the A4?

Red
    2001 ws6

welcome to the site, now just get ride of all that SLP and ull fit right in haha

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

LOL well I like it sorry.... not gonna get rid of it... but seriously... how common is that??

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

ooo and how do I tell if I happen to have a LS6 block?

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    LOL well I like it sorry.... not gonna get rid of it... but seriously... how common is that??
    The 3.23 rear end ratio was optional I think but was standard on all automatic SS's & Z/28's with Z-rated tires . The lesser Z's came with H-rated tires & 2.73 gear ratio's . The Camaro's that had Z rated tires also came without a factory induced top speed limiter . The lesser ones had a govenor which limited top speed to 105 MPH . Also the better ones came with a power steering cooler .

two tone yellow & white
    1987 Chevy S10

Hello people! I'm new to the forum and the site. I am Grand Rapids, Michigan born and bred. Have a nice lil LS1 w/4L60E installed into my 1987 S10 pickup 2wd. I got up on the LS1 site by web browsing. Decided to post before I peruse the site and the photos. Will upload photos of my LS1 also. Nice meeting you all.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    The 3.23 rear end ratio was optional I think but was standard on all automatic SS's & Z/28's with Z-rated tires . The lesser Z's came with H-rated tires & 2.73 gear ratio's . The Camaro's that had Z rated tires also came without a factory induced top speed limiter . The lesser ones had a govenor which limited top speed to 105 MPH . Also the better ones came with a power steering cooler .
    ic but I thought that I have read on alot of forums that most SS and Z28's didn't come with the 3.24??? just trying to find out how common it really is... cause I thought before that someone said every auto he has seen did not have a 3.24...
    Last edited by najaf4life; 08-23-2008 at 05:41 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

There is so much wrong with this statement that I don't even know where to begin.....

Ok, how about this: Z28 came standard with a 2.73 rear gear with 3.23 optional for the A4 and all M6 cars were 3.42 rear gears. All SS A4's were 3.23 and M6's were still 3.42. IIRC, Z rated tires were standard on all Z28 (16" rim) and SS (17" rim) cars. Power steering coolers were an option thru MY2000 and standard equipment on 01 & 02.

The governor for Z's and SS's is fuel related and doesn't come into play till ~6K rpm (unless it's been altered) which is north of 150mph in OD. IIRC, cars with top speed limits (approx 118 mph) and H rated tires were V6 powered. LS1 verts might have been limited but I'm not sure (LT1 verts were). At any rate all 98 up F-bodies can be reprogrammed to have them perform as you like. (I state 98 up as this was the 1st year for the LS1)...

Try this thread for more info: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76551

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

okay another quick question... found on this site how to look at the number on the block to see if it was LS6 block but can't really see it at all... another way to tell?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

never mind found of that I have the LS1 block

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Z28 A4's 2.73's. SS A4's and M6's 3.23. Welcome and be aware it can get deep in here.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Aren't we the lucky ones to have an ole geezer like possum puss to correct us being he's the appointed and absolute expert on all things automotive . Hell , we're all very impressed !

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Z28 A4's 2.73's. SS A4's and M6's 3.23. Welcome and be aware it can get deep in here.
    Please stop posting incorrect information. All you're doing is passing on your confusion to others.

My information with regard to A4 and M6 Z28's and SS's is ironclad and quite verifiable. Can you show proof of your claims?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Aren't we the lucky ones to have an ole geezer like possum puss to correct us being he's the appointed and absolute expert on all things automotive . Hell , we're all very impressed !
    Look at it this way: Somebody has to steer the younguns in the right direction.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Please stop posting incorrect information. All you're doing is passing on your confusion to others.

My information with regard to A4 and M6 Z28's and SS's is ironclad and quite verifiable. Can you show proof of your claims?

WoW excuse me SS M6's came with 3.42's... Other than that we agree...
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 08-24-2008 at 07:49 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

1 other item: Z28 A4 was 2.73 standard (steel ds) with 3.23 optional (aluminum ds). All SS A4's were 3.23 standard. As stated, all M6 (Z28 and SS) were 3.42's.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

1 other item: Z28 A4 was 2.73 standard (steel ds) with 3.23 optional (aluminum ds). All SS A4's were 3.23 standard. As stated, all M6 (Z28 and SS) were 3.42's.

So Z28 A4's were 2.73's standard. SS A4's were 3.23 standard. My mistake was on the M6's... Only way to know is RPO codes. All have the RPO code on the door. I was lucky I got my factory build sheet with my car. Which shows every code on my car. Best way to find out what you have. Look up your RPO codes.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Okey dokey possum puss , verify ! We're all waitin with much enthusiasm . Ironclad huh ? Seriously though ,I remember seeing a stripped down Z/28 on the new car lot at Chevy Land back around 2000 or 2001 that had 235/65/16" wheels and tires on it . Brand new . But I'm sure you can correct me on this .

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    welcome to the site, now just get ride of all that SLP and ull fit right in haha
    thats not completely true most of us run the slp lid its prob the best part they put out from what i read and on all the threads it seems to be the most rec.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

wow sounds like we got a few folks upset that someone does their homework and knows a few things about the cars he drives

Thread Information