Thread: New car!!

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

Thumbs up New car!!

hello all... i just picked up a 2001 camaro SS and i am very happy with it so far! i was wondering what kind of mods you all have, and what is actually worth it? i know from owning other cars, that some mods just dont do anything! so any help would be greatful!! oh yea, and pics will be up soon!

thanks,
    brandon

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Congrats on your new car man. As for mods go start by improving the exhaust and intake, ie headers( with tune), catback, y pipe, and cats, new air lid w/ k&n, smooth bellows. From there you can start getting a little more serious, heads, cam, intake manifold, throttle body, stall converter if it's an auto, nitrous, some form of forced induction, pretty much the sky(or wallet) is the limit. And don't forget to do the suspension and frame mods so you can plant your new found power. Have fun and good luck

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Oh, and you can look at my sig to see what my mods have gotten me. Right now it's making 415 rwhp and 388rwtq, with the nitrous i'm hoping to get around 560rwhp and close to 600 rwtq
    98 z28 vert 6spd, mti stg 2 h/c, ls6 shortblock, ls6 intake, kooks 1 7/8" ss, corsa ss cb, random tech y pipe & cats, diamond sub frames, full suspension, wolf 6pt roll cage, simpson 5pt belts, Dynotune nitrous 150 wet kit, spec stage 5 clutch.420 rwhp 390rwtq n/a no2 #'s coming soon

NBM
    '00 Z28

Yes, it is worth it to mod your car. You will notice the diffinite power gains from modding an LS1. Right now, I only have free mods. (ported mass air flow ends, free ram air, throttle body bypass) Even with these small mods, the power increase is noticable.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

thanks a lot guys!! i look forward to moddin my car soon!!

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

here are a few pics that i took... what do ya'll think?

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Nice car, you're gonna have some fun with that.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

nice!!!!!

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Kick arse!!!!!!! I can't tell if the windows are tinted, but if they aren't, a white car with blacked out windows is awesome. Also, you could put some whistler mod headlights up front to add to the black and white scheme. Here is a picture of mine that I bought from Neweraperformance that were already painted.

If you can, take some pictures of the back of the car and post them. Maybe there are a few tweaks you can do on the back to dress it up some more also.

My .02

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Congrats on your new car man. As for mods go start by improving the exhaust and intake, ie headers( with tune), catback, y pipe, and cats, new air lid w/ k&n, smooth bellows. From there you can start getting a little more serious, heads, cam, intake manifold, throttle body, stall converter if it's an auto, nitrous, some form of forced induction, pretty much the sky(or wallet) is the limit. And don't forget to do the suspension and frame mods so you can plant your new found power. Have fun and good luck

Hey bro for all of this did you have to get a larger rear axle, like a 12 bolt, cause all that shit with a stock axle would snap.Right?

black
    1998 z28 convertable

^^^Yeah it would be a good idea to do a 12 bolt if you could afford it when you do the other mods. As for me my mods are in my sig and I don't have the nitrous hooked up yet so my 10 bolt is still ok, for now.

EDIT: Well the sig isn't showing up but my mods are MTI stg 2 h/c, ls6 intake, whisper lid, full exhaust. My Dynotune 150 wet nitrous kit and Textralia clutch are going on in the next month or so. Current power is 415 rwhp & 388 rwtq, hoping for 560 rwhp & close to 600 rwtq with nitrous, we'll see how it holds up then.
    Last edited by ls1-ss; 03-24-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Red
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

Pics of under the hood would be great........Nitrous really isn't needed seeing you already have an ls6 instead of an ls1 you already have ALOT of people beat.....personaly I don't think it's worth it (how much did you pay)

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Quote Originally Posted by SSzoe
    Pics of under the hood would be great........Nitrous really isn't needed seeing you already have an ls6 instead of an ls1 you already have ALOT of people beat.....personaly I don't think it's worth it (how much did you pay)

The car itself I paid 14k for, the nitrous was on sale for $369 which is why I bought it. All the mods were on the car when I got it, except the nitrous and Tex clutch. Here are some pics of the engine, but the nitrous isn't hooked up yet.

Red
    2002 35th Anniv. Vertible

Aren't you afraid you'll shread your tranny with the NOS?Herb
    Click Here to Email Me
    2002 35th Anninversary Convertible
    One of only 609 Convertibles with MN6 Manual Transmission.
    http://www.ashos.org/Camaro.jpg

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Quote Originally Posted by herb_sims
    Aren't you afraid you'll shread your tranny with the NOS?Herb
    No, the transmision was rebuilt about 4k miles ago with upgraded internals. The nitrous won't get used but only a few times a year, couple at the track and a couple quick blast on the street. The dragstip is really the only place I can run it. The streets around here are just to small and too busy.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

thats nuts! i dont think that i need that much power!! my only question is this...

since i live in california and i only have 91 octane, i was reading about getting the programmer and it was saying if you cant get 93 or above then there might be a little detonation... is this true? anyone have problems with it?

black
    1998 z28 convertable

Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy
    thats nuts! i dont think that i need that much power!! my only question is this...

since i live in california and i only have 91 octane, i was reading about getting the programmer and it was saying if you cant get 93 or above then there might be a little detonation... is this true? anyone have problems with it?
    It all depends what you do to the car, i've driven with 91 in my car before with my current setup and it did fine I just didn't hammer on it. If your really concerned about the effects the 91 will have on the car I would take it to a reputable ls1 tuner in your area and have them tweek it.

black
    98 ss ls1

Dude you cant go wrong with a bigger cam and 373 gears , also look at port and polishing the heads

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome to the board! My car:
    2000 Camaro SS #1077, Bright Rally Red, Hurst M6, T-Tops, Ebony Leather, SLP Bilstein Suspension, SLP ZR-1 Chrome, SLP Grille,!CAGS, !EGR, !AIR, LS6 Intake, SLP Air Lid, Mac SFC’s, BMR STB, Carbon Fiber rear letter inserts, T/A Bezel, Hooker Long Tube Headers, RPM4 Cam, SSOA # M00-1077
    RWHP 363, RWTQ 348

Thread Information