Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

New Camaro SS?

This is a discussion on New Camaro SS? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I cant stand all the cars GM has given the SS badge now. I used to be able to say ...

  1. #21
    Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quantico Virginia
    Age
    35
    Posts
    327

    Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

    I cant stand all the cars GM has given the SS badge now. I used to be able to say "i drive an SS" and ppl would automatically assume it was a camaro i was talking about. now I cant say that cause they will be like you mean the cobalt or the truck? LMAO

  2. #22
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I've read that the Z28 will be the higher end model of the 6th generation Camaro.
    exactly.

  3. #23
    Junior TX Member SSjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    147

    Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

    All I know is when I get the new maro I'm going to get the best option if SS or Z28

  4. #24
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I almost doubt it will be back the first year, but I know it will be back. The SS camaro was missing for like 25years since like '72 and came back in 96, but I KNOW it will be back again. I know the ZL-1 will be back too, and I don't imagine there being a Z-28 then jumping to ZL-1 without the SS being in the mix.

    For one thing, the Camaro was alway meant to be the Mustang's competition. Well with the new stangs there are SO MANY different models and submodels that Chevy will have to do something to compete. I imagine they'll bring back the IROC-Z as well. With the new stangs theres the v6, gt, c/s(california special),GT-350, GT-500, Pernelli Jones, Shelby GT, Shelby GT-H, and it seems like a lot more than that to add to the list. I know Chevy will offer more than 2 or 3 different models.
    most of the other stang options you listed are not factory, theyre built by reputable tuning shops and customizers. if you add all that into the mix, then maybe the new camaro will have a bigger effort including maybe Berger, Yenko, Tom Henry, etc.....

    GM needs to focus on an array of factory options and modifications. Power packages, suspension upgrades, and so on. ford offers factory warrantied performance options and aftermarket power adders for the stangs, GM needs to really step up to the plate with the 5th gens.

  5. #25
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    most of the other stang options you listed are not factory, theyre built by reputable tuning shops and customizers. if you add all that into the mix, then maybe the new camaro will have a bigger effort including maybe Berger, Yenko, Tom Henry, etc.....

    GM needs to focus on an array of factory options and modifications. Power packages, suspension upgrades, and so on. ford offers factory warrantied performance options and aftermarket power adders for the stangs, GM needs to really step up to the plate with the 5th gens.
    top paragraph... I agree, but I doubt there will be any Yenkos. It seems like I've read that the Yenko dealership shut down.

    2nd paragraph... all that is true and I've read that they're working on it.

    Also, you do know that Saleen has plans for the new Camaro, right?

    To comment on an earlier statement, I know that off the bat gm won't put all the models out the first year or 2 or even 3, I'm just saying I bet there will be very many models to hit the streets.

  6. #26
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I've read that the Z28 will be the higher end model of the 6th generation Camaro.
    5th gen, not 6th.

    I don't think even GM has decided what is going to be what yet. I have read it both ways and until Bob Lutz or another GM exec says something officially, its all just speculation by the mags.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  7. #27
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    top paragraph... I agree, but I doubt there will be any Yenkos. It seems like I've read that the Yenko dealership shut down.

    2nd paragraph... all that is true and I've read that they're working on it.

    Also, you do know that Saleen has plans for the new Camaro, right?

    To comment on an earlier statement, I know that off the bat gm won't put all the models out the first year or 2 or even 3, I'm just saying I bet there will be very many models to hit the streets.
    saleen already has somethin to do with it. every see a trailer for the movie transformers? go youtube it. it looks badass. the camaro in there was made by saleen

  8. #28
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    yup I've got the magazine that talks about it, I think its the HOTROD book

  9. #29
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Typo there, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    5th gen, not 6th.

    I don't think even GM has decided what is going to be what yet. I have read it both ways and until Bob Lutz or another GM exec says something officially, its all just speculation by the mags.

  10. #30
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    the ss is supposed to be offered, but the ss and z28 are swapped.
    z28 is now top dawg
    The SS is the VERY top of the line name plate for Chevrolets. SS and Z28 will not be swapped. I'm 99.999% positive on this. IF..... the Z28 is the top model for the Camaro, it will only be because there is no SS model.

  11. #31
    UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omar's Tittie Taverna & Grill, Deh Rawod
    Posts
    1,447

    18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

    Agreed.

    WTF, Saleen? Hmmm, maybe interesting!! I'll wait to see what they offer to the new Camaro.

    I can't wait to see how the aftermarket guys mod up the new Camaros. Like Chip Foose, the guys from Unique, etc...I think the cars will be super.

    I love how those guys take an already awesome car and make it even better. Chip Foose amazes me each and every time I see something he's worked on. Saleen should have something interesting too. If they can hop up the Mustang, think of the endless possibilities with the Camaro. Wow. I can't wait!

  12. #32
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Ya it's hot rod that claimed the Z28 to be top model. Who knows exactly how reliable it is but given toat the top vette is a Z car and usually the Z cars (ZL-1, ZR1, Z-06, Z-11, Z-51 etc) were the top models of the line I see it very plausible for the Z28 to be the top dog. When this new uber vette comes out if it wears a Z instead of an SS that will reinforce my hypothesis even more everyone knows SS and like said its always OK SS what? Mention Z06 and its a different ball game. Also as mentioned this is going to be a resurrection of the Camaro and I bet they shuffle it around a bit from current trends.

    Of the current line up the Cobat SS and Trailblazer SS are the only 2 that live up to tradition. The cobalt tuners are doing quite well slugging it out with the SRT 4's and civics. The Trailblazer SS? Well I love that truck and you have to test drive one to know why. For such a heavy SUV that sucker moves quite well. I've seen them run High to mid 13's around here which is what my car ran stock and this is a good size SUV.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 04-13-2007 at 07:12 PM.

  13. #33
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Ya it's hot rod that claimed the Z28 to be top model. Who knows exactly how reliable it is but given toat the top vette is a Z car and usually the Z cars (ZL-1, ZR1, Z-06, Z-11, Z-51 etc) were the top models of the line I see it very plausible for the Z28 to be the top dog. When this new uber vette comes out if it wears a Z instead of an SS that will reinforce my hypothesis even more everyone knows SS and like said its always OK SS what? Mention Z06 and its a different ball game. Also as mentioned this is going to be a resurrection of the Camaro and I bet they shuffle it around a bit from current trends.

    Of the current line up the Cobat SS and Trailblazer SS are the only 2 that live up to tradition. The cobalt tuners are doing quite well slugging it out with the SRT 4's and civics. The Trailblazer SS? Well I love that truck and you have to test drive one to know why. For such a heavy SUV that sucker moves quite well. I've seen them run High to mid 13's around here which is what my car ran stock and this is a good size SUV.
    i thought it was hot rod.... i could have sworn they said the the z28 was going to be the top model, but the SS would still be offered, just lower than the Z

  14. #34
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I've heard more then from one source that the Z28 is slated to be the premium model available and the SS to be the lesser offering. Only time will tell. One thing's for sure, the SS brand has been put through the commercial meat grinder alot lately.

  15. #35
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I've heard more then from one source that the Z28 is slated to be the premium model available and the SS to be the lesser offering. Only time will tell. One thing's for sure, the SS brand has been put through the commercial meat grinder alot lately.
    Yea, i guess we will just wait and see what GM says about it for sure.

    these cars are gonna look so hot in black..... cant wait

    hey siggy, how do u have like 344 posts and ur a mod? jw

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belvidere, IL
    Posts
    18
    I remember seeing on another forum the price listings about the new camaro z28 and ss, it listed the z28 as the higher end car, but it didnt seem to make a whole lot of sense. It lists the z28 as a limited production car, and 2 versions of the ss and z28. it was all wierd. If this is true, then its sad.

    someone also mentioned how the supposid new z28 will have 20 more horsepower then the current c6 z06, which was also odd.

  17. #37
    Member Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    197

    silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

    What I have to say might be off topic, but I think they should offer the engine variety they offered back in the late 60's. If they had a whole array of performance engines to choose from, people could opt for the exact car they wanted. I think it would help boost chevy's sales.
    Last edited by Doom; 04-14-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    Pacesetter LT, ORY, LM2, Volant CAI, SLP MAF, 18" c5 z06's, slp sfc's, slp strut bars, ttp tuned --- 351hp/373tq

  18. #38
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jester View Post
    someone also mentioned how the supposid new z28 will have 20 more horsepower then the current c6 z06, which was also odd.
    not really technology allows better things. It's not like it was in 99-98 when chevy was worrying about ZR1 owners mad about the Z06 uprooting them just look and the c5 Z06 vs stock or even Z51 C6. They aren't caring much anymore about past models. With this new SC vette it will keep the Camaro plenty back from invading its sellability.

    Z28 or SS doesn't mean too much to me I'm getting the highest even if they call it a Z34. I'm brand and car loyal but not badge loyal. Plus look at it another way, a 69 DZ302 Z28 is worth more than a 69 SS and a ZL1 would smoke any SS so is it really a throwback?
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 04-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    i thought it was hot rod.... i could have sworn they said the the z28 was going to be the top model, but the SS would still be offered, just lower than the Z
    Yep they did.

  20. #40
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    also.... werent they talking about an optional ls7 option?????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1967 Chevrolet Camaro - Classic Camaro With A Big-Inch Punch
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. 1999 trans am, 1995 z28 camaro, 1979 z28 camaro for sell!!!!
    By poneykiller2k4 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
  3. FS 97-02 Camaro Taillights/Ebony TTop shades/Camaro 35th model car
    By nhra-trans-am in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •