Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

New Camaro and Mustang

This is a discussion on New Camaro and Mustang within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Over this past Christmas, I picked up a Brand New Mazda with all the options for less than a Used ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

No Common Grounds

Over this past Christmas, I picked up a Brand New Mazda with all the options for less than a Used 5,000 miles one......... By this token, one can never say that a 2 year old used vehicle is less expensive than a new one. Hell that's not the case.

I see where you are coming from when it comes to price and what you have left in your pocket for expedentures. If you can drop $100k, I would suggest dropping it on a New Vehicle altogether.

With a tag of 100K on that ZR-1, I doubt that it will sell well. Honestly, if you are purchasing a vehicle in that range..... why not hit up the Porsche, Ferraris and Lamborghinis. I can not at all categorize which end this Corvette
    is on based on its median price. It's just not your Blue Collar worker's car or your wealthy individual's either. You get my drift?

Quote Originally Posted by Scene of the Crash View Post
    This is true, I totally understand where you're coming from. But then again who's to say that the same thing won't happen to the 2010 Camaro down the road as well? Then again, its unlikely... but still, it is a possibility. Let me put it like this........you could buy a used C6 Z06 with some decent mileage on it and upgrade the piss out of it equal to if not greater than the ZR-1 for a lot cheaper.

IMO the Vette is a nice car, but come on...let's be honest here, not everyone is going to be driving a ZR-1. It's pretty to look at...but its unrealistic. Especially with a $100k price tag.

-Steve

Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    No........that's not a photoshop but a concept styling design that I posted with some validity. By all mean, I'm not promoting the Mustang at all.

To me it looks like someone took the Camaro and modified it with Photoshop.

Since you didn't Photoshop that, someone else probably did.

I could be wrong.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

It looks like the concept version to me...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink The Pricing Factor

Man, since the article is from Motor Trend and it's someone mockup design...... we could just take the image as a hint that Ford is aiming to step up the design to be competitive with their couterparts. Like I said, they need to step up with the Engine as well...... if they do this, price will increase and less people will purchase as well.

All along, price is the driving factor for the Mustang selling so well. Many have stipulated it sold because of the Vertical incline of the cockpit compared to the Fbodies, but I think that is baloney. The Fbodies have always cost much more than the Stangs. Take the Civic for instance, more purchases came from lower pricing. Funny as it may sound, a fully loaded Civic cost $3k or so less than the civic... but that 3 counts for sales.

These days I don't see as many new Civic compared to the Mustang of 5 years ago.

Let's agree to it, price is always the driving factor and motivator.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    It looks like the concept version to me...

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

True Price controls demand....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information