Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

new camaro a go

This is a discussion on new camaro a go within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Australia?? whats that going to do for the cost? 5.3 300 hp V8? If there isn't another motor option, I ...

The Rookie
    Australia?? whats that going to do for the cost? 5.3 300 hp V8? If there isn't another motor option, I will just stay in my trusty LS1 and have fun beating new camaros in my "OLD" 02 SS.
    Last edited by The Rookie; 04-19-2006 at 08:47 PM.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    Australia?? whats that going to do for the cost? 5.3 300 hp V8? If there isn't another motor option, I will just stay in my trusty LS1 and have fun beating new camaros in my "OLD" 02 SS.
    I don't like the idea of a 5.3 L. V8 either. Hopefully the will decide to use the LS2 or something better by then.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by mustang assassin
    I don't like the idea of a 5.3 L. V8 either. Hopefully the will decide to use the LS2 or something better by then.
    They probably will use the LS2 for a SS version. Cost for an SS, my guestimate will be upper 30's low 40's. I've heard awhile back that 5.3's will be for a Z28.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Looks like GM is take a page for Ford's playbook. Baseline v-6 (chick's car), small v-8 (like the GT), and then the big muscle v-8. Also, heard something about a low production number ZL-1 version but it is entirely too soon to be guessing about any of this.
    Anyone know where most of the sigma platform vehicles are made? That may be why it is set for Aussie production.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

300HP, they have to do better than that!!! In 2010 Daewoes will have 300HP. WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

do you guys smell something??

smells like

smells like

Black
    99 SS

its not BS i wouldnt post it if it was BS.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

The best combination would be a six cylinder, then the 400 hp LS2, and for those of us who are never satisfied...........an option to buy the new LS7!

Hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang assassin
    The best combination would be a six cylinder, then the 400 hp LS2, and for those of us who are never satisfied...........an option to buy the new LS7!

Unless they want the new Camaro getting it's ass handed to it by the "older" Camaro's, that's exactly what needs to happen! There's no reason to have 2 different motors when going from Z-28 to SS. Just slap on a hood and call it the SS, as usual! What gets me is that everytime you hear something about it, the year gets pushed back. Lets just hold off until 2050 and make it a hoover-craft. I mean seriously, one day it's a 2007, then 2008, then 2009, and now 2010! They need to speed up the process, I don't want my Saturn Ion Sport for 4 more years!!!!!!

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I have always heard that if it was to happen it would be no sooner than 2009.

sunset orange
    2001 Z28

The new Camaro is a go. And It will not be made in Australia. The platform will debut in the 2008 GTO made in Australia, but the Camaro is being considered either at The ilded plant in Oaklahoma, or in Canada. The platform dubbed "GMT282" is a global platform..........from a GM employee.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by camarozzzcamaro
    The new Camaro is a go. And It will not be made in Australia. The platform will debut in the 2008 GTO made in Australia, but the Camaro is being considered either at The ilded plant in Oaklahoma, or in Canada. The platform dubbed "GMT282" is a global platform..........from a GM employee.
    How do you know that?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

what happened to old school when you could get whatever engine in it your wanted as long as you coughed up the $$$$$

They are going to have a hard time if they try to satisfy those of us who own f-bodies already no matter what. If they are smart they will play it like ford does and make people think its fast yet save money by not making it incredifast. Commercials doing donuts ona wet road sells cars, not technology under the hood. People are dumb, market based on that. They won't though, they're idiots themselves. Do you have any idea how our cars would have sold if GM would have had commercials etc bragging on the speed PLUS gas mileage? Mustangs would have been shut down on the showroom floor, but ford plays smart and GM doesn't

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by camarozzzcamaro
    I hope your right. My world will be balanced again. I hope your right.

Hotrod
    What sucks is that they come out with all this talk, then rumors, then a concept car. So now everyone's excited...guys are walking around the car shows drooling and with a boner.....and instead of getting on the ball and rolling this out while the hype and excitement is at an all-time high, they basically give us a cock-tease and say "Well, we'll do it but not for another 4 years". At that point there will be 10 other cars on the market stealing the excitement and glamour of the Camaro. There probably hasn't been this much hype about a GM product in a while (other than the Vette), so instead of getting it into the hands of these excited, rich, and compulsive buyers, they just drag their feet.

Thanks for the BLUE BALLS General Motors!!!!!!!!!

black
    98 z28 m6

I may be hoping for a godsend with this but maybe, just maybe we could get a little ls7 in there Heres how i see it as a possibility. What was the ls1 in a few years before the maro? vettes...Well right now its 2006 and by 2010 that engine will be 4 years old and the vette may or may not have a new engine. So maybe chevy will throw it in there, maybe in the SS model. Alls i know is that if the maro has an ls7 in it, im buying one, weather its made in america or afganistan, 20k or 60k.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

in 4 more years they better have atleast a 400hp LS2 in it!! Id like to see 425-450hp stock though.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    in 4 more years they better have atleast a 400hp LS2 in it!! Id like to see 425-450hp stock though.
    anything less than that, will be doomed to fail. 300hp?! are you freaking kidding me? V6? WTF? Are we going to be competing with Maximas, and Toyota Corollas?
    Sorry to vent. I've owned 3 Camaros in my lifetime, and I would hate to see it back under-powered.
    2007 Audi RS 4

Bright Rally Red
    Camaro & Corvette

Don't believe everything you read in mags.
    Ralph's Camaros
    2002 SS #2022 GMMG Exhaust,FLP LT Headers,Rapid Stage II Cam. 384 rwhp/381 rwtq

2005 C6 Corvette,Black,Z51, Corsa Exhaust, Kooks LT Headers w/H-Pipe,Halltech Stnger CAI, 388/rwhp & 380/rwtq

i have seen the concept camaro. it looks pretty bad ass. Havent checked on the horsepower though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information