Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

New Camaro Disappoints Critics

This is a discussion on New Camaro Disappoints Critics within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If the Camaro is on a Larger frame what does that mean for weight? Is this car going to be ...

lee1rbc
    If the Camaro is on a Larger frame what does that mean for weight? Is this car going to be 4,000pnds!?!

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    I guess I'll be holden on to that info.
    stop it right now mister or i'm calling the joke police

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

THE NEW CAMARO LOOKS LIKE A PILE OF SHIT!!!!! I HATE THE HUGE BLING BLING 24'S AND IT WILL KILL GM IF THEY PRODUCE IT. DO WE ALL REMEMBER WHY THE F-BODY CARS BECAME EXTINCT? BECAUSE NOBODY WAS BUYING THEM, THE PRICE WAS TOO HIGH. GM DEVELOPMENT GROUP SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. THE CAR IS UGLY!!!!! I LOVE CAMAROS AND I WOULD TAKE AN LS1 SS OVER THIS PILE OF SHIT ANYDAY.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

That looks just like a Mustang. Nothing wrong with a Mustang but, if I really wanted a Ford, I'd buy it. I owned a Ford F-150 pickup and thought it was the best pickup I ever owned, and that goes back to 1979 for Chevy pickups. But seriously, If I want a Mustang, I'll do that.

PLEASE GM, design a CAMARO, not a Mustang. If you release that thing above, I'll find another car to like and abandon Camaros after 2002.

eviLS6
    Quote Originally Posted by runnerdon
    I am as big of a Camaro fan as they come. I have owned two 1969 Z/28s, my son now has a 1969 Z/28, and a 2001 Z/28, my son-in-law has a 1968 Camaro, and I have a 1998 SS with an LS6 engine. My brother has a 2003 Z06 and is building a 1969 A-sedan Camaro.

None of us feel that the Camaro concept car captures the essence of either the 1969 or the last generation. To all of my family, it looks like an overly big street cruiser for the kids, with huge, heavy wheels. We all want the Camaro to return, but we are disappointed thus far in what we se. I am going to the LA auto show tomorrow and hope to tell the Chevy representitives what I think. And by the time is does appear (2008 at the very earliest), the retro craze may be passed. I, for one, would prefer a modernized, smaller Camaro, with the emphasis on performance, not street-crusing.
    If they made the camaro any smaller, without a backseat, and with more emphasis on performance you would have a corvette.....They need to keep the camaro the way it is for it to be a camaro, otherwise youll have a vette with different exterior body panels.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

When I saw the new Camaro in motion and then on the rotating platform-I got the retro look for the first time.There are people who are trying to tell you the car looks better in person-I'll wait until then before I start going nutso like some of these people here are doing.The first time I saw the SSR in person it looked totally different than I would have thought from the photos.(And I would like to have one of those if I could afford it).I knew in 01 that a new Camaro was a long way off-I was right in buying one of the last ones.But I'm sure in a few years when the new one comes out -it'll be time to buy a new one!Until then I'm not going to worry about it much-time will tell the story.

02-35th-ss
    Well, I do not like any of the info I have seen on this camaro. I have a 2002 ss and I love it, but this is everything I planed gm to do. Lets look at the past 3 years the gto is a craptastic vehicle meaning it has power but lacks in styling that obviously from sales the mustang has. If you think I wont take a test drive and maybe pick up a new challenger you are wrong. The videos say it all, the camaro comes out and a few claps nothign spectacular. Then I seen the video for the challenger you couldnt hear anything but cheers and the 6.1 hemi. shame shame chevy for yet again making a classic sports car a piece of crap. I will give chevy this much credit the concept for the new vette looked horrible but the car now isnt at all horrible, as the above post TIME WILL TELL...

Awaiting Activation
    I really like the car it has enough design to remind me of the 69 and is modern enough to be different. When I went to the show on a packed day there was 4 times the people around the Camaro than there was around the Challenger. Also the Automotive press voted it best of show.

I love the new camaro concept. I saw it in person at the LA auto show and I fell in love with it! Good job GM....thank you for bringing back the Camaro...now just hurry up and build it!

Chris

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

to be honest..its growing on me since i saw a 360 vid of the car...although i think they should be more conservative to the original concept designs...also wheres the Camaro emblem??? 35 years of using it and they give up on it? Just as long as they make Z's and SS's maybe the car will have some cosmetic differences...

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

The car is starting to grow on me. GM is trying somthing new and so far it seems to be a sucess with the general public. Some diehard enthusiasts may not like it but thats not who GM is trying to win over. We like the 3rd and 4th generation designs and thats why we bought them. We are the minority. No one else liked the 3rd or 4th generation F-bodies enough to make them a sucess. Do you think GM is going to take a failing design and just add a few tweaks here and there or do you think they are going to redesign it completly? No one liked the GTO's when they came out but now alot of people are really starting to see what GM was trying to do. Unfortunatly its a little late. I think this new design is AWESOME!!! As long as GM can market it correctly I think it would be hard for it not to be a sucess. And im willing to bet thouse who are puting it down will grow to like it eventually.

Sr Member

Black
    2002 SS

I like it. I just hope it is not as heavy as some people are saying. The production version will not have the 21 & 22 inch wheels and the car has some nice lines to it which I miss in todays cars.

Silver/Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I hated the 3rd gen when they first came out... I ended up owning 2.
    I hated the 4th gen too, I still own one.
    Styles tend to grow on people.
    This 5th gen, I love it!!

crazy3rdgen
    It could be a lot better

ls1tech director

laser red
    1994 Mustang GT

i'd rather purchase the crate camaro over this.

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

my problem with it is----

I am already driving one a 2005 gto---they said that they are going to use what is now the gto with the ls2 engine and put the camaro body on it---so it'll be like whoopie i have to wait 3-4 years to drive sumthin i'm driving now?

Mattg

Camaro

The pics for the concept that came out a few months ago were badass. Green, orange and red. The camaro really resembled a 69 in that design. Everyone gives me shit that is a mustang lover, who sees this new concept. I don't admit it to them, but it does resemble a damn mustang.

Hugger Orange
    1969 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    They just need to go back to the old pics that was a out a few months ago.
    I like the first of those better than the current concept but not the other two...

Hugger Orange
    1969 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camaronx
    I am already driving one a 2005 gto---they said that they are going to use what is now the gto with the ls2 engine and put the camaro body on it---so it'll be like whoopie i have to wait 3-4 years to drive sumthin i'm driving now?
    There will be chassis updates... It will be quite a bit different.

z06vette

GM's heyday is long over..

I looked and looked at the Camaro concept car and read the article in Road and Track, and I still think it is ugly, espceiali from the side. Looks like they hired a Chrysler 300 stylist. The article metnions that the designer also reworked the C5 into the C6. That may be but he something good to work with and didn't f u c k it up . But it looks like he spent all his talent on the C6 and new Z06. GM just can't do anything right these days ; they are always a day late and many dollars short. Look at the the SSR and HHR, both ugly overweight, overpriced dogs. Even worse they are attempting to spread Chevy's racing heritage amonsgt Pontiac and Caddylack . THey made the mistake of bringing the Holden into the Pontiac brand, and while it is not an ugly car, it doesn't do much for me at all. Overweight!!! Finally what in the world is this thing with "retro" cars anyways" . Do they have no talent , as do the Hollywood writers that have to remake every movie?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information