Thread: New Camaro

Black
    2000 T/A

New Camaro

so for the first year the camaros are going to be a very limited run...
    each dealership will only get so many from GM.
    ALL DEALERSHIPS WILL HAVE A $15k-20k markup....

things are not looking good for the maro....

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

At that level of markup you're approaching Corvette prices.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I wont be able to afford either one so it doesnt really matter to me

They don't do anything for me so I really don't care what they charge for it or how many they get.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

with that kind of mark up it would flop

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

sucks that are LS1's are outdated and out powered by the new LS3

Black
    2000 T/A

I have to admit I'm not crazy about the new camaros, I would take an LS1 camaro over these new cars anyday.... but they're making it such a limited release to test sales, but the bad thing is that with the dealership mark ups, no one will be able to afford a new camaro, and most will opt for a corvette at a very similar price... worst of all the retro look is on it's way out already, the challengers will pretty much dominate the market... I HOPE GM FIXES THIS!!! nooo...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I'm sure that with the madness of the release, there will be some dealer mark up, but 10 to 15 K? I really can't imagine that much! GM wants to sell ALOT of these cars to show Ford, and the rest of the car world that they're back. I heard each dealership will get 4 to start. Some idiots will pay anything just to have one of the first ones on the block, others will wait, like myself, until the first year bugs are worked out, and the "craze" has sizzled out a bit. I personally want to see if they're going to introduce an RS version with hide-a-way headlights. That's the one I want! I'm not too crazy about the front end, and especially the "eggcrate" retro grill, I'm hoping that maybe an RS grill might be a little flatter and not so egg cratty. Time will tell.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I doubt that the dealer markups will be sustainable for very long into the model year. There are always some idiots with more money than brains who place a lot of vaue on being first. When they run out of those, the prices will begin to approach normalcy. When the Solstace came out the Pontiac dealers were putting a $20K markup on them too. I haven't checked lately, but I'll bet they're selling around MSRP now. I intend to wait until the end of the model year or maybe the end of the next model year to buy an SS. I'm still really happy with my 2000 Z28 LS1, which I bought out of dealer stock in October of 2000 for $22,700 ($5,000 below MSRP). Great car to drive. Knocks down 20+ mpg in daily commute usage, has a butt load of power and still looks great.

Black
    2000 T/A

obviously the markups won't stay in that range after the first year release, but it scares me because they will be basing fututre production numbers off of the first release years sales

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I smell BS. From what I've heard from Jeffy and Fbodfather, they're going to be plentiful enough to hit the ground running, to compete with the Mustang. By the end of the first model year, they'll be selling for less than MSRP.

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

i think it will have a markuo, just like the ssr had a 10,000 markup. but i would be more worried about all the bugs being worked out of it, not only the mechanics of it, but the paint process too.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    i think it will have a markuo, just like the ssr had a 10,000 markup. but i would be more worried about all the bugs being worked out of it, not only the mechanics of it, but the paint process too.
    yeah, but everything GM, or any manufacturer for that matter has tons of bugs at debut... that are almost always worked out in a few years.
    I think these cars will have a very generic paint scheme though... white, silver, red, black, blue. not as many mettalic or pearlescent paints, but more matte and gloss colors...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Any takers on how long before we hear ..."Zero down, and No Interest on a NEW CAMARO!" Or..."Take delivery from dealer stock on a new Camaro and pay what employess pay!" GM can't afford to have the Camaro go bye-bye [again] like the SSR and have egg-crate on it's face. With used Vettes being so close in price to the [Camaro] release price, and such great cars, and appealing to the same general market segment, GM knows so many people will search the used car ads for C5's if the asking prices of the new Camaros gets out of hand with mark ups. Don't think for a moment that GM doesn't have some sort of control over dealer mark up.

Black
    2000 T/A

i'm just going by the fact that i work at a dealership, and my dad has worked for gm for 10 years + now....but what do i know.... lol
    the GM MSRP rate sucks! it's like a $3000 rebate on any new vehicle...my new caddy only cost me 52k instead of 55k....w-o-w

the egg-crate is ugly, but billet inserts are always an option...with chrome ten spoke wheels.... raised cowl hood....some stripes... look like a transformer rollin up on the stangs.....

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'm still gonna wait for a ragtop Z28 or SS before I plunk my $$$ down but I will end up buying one.

Thread Information