Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New camaro

This is a discussion on New camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by speedingfish I think they all look stupid! All the retro cars lack creativity. The designers were all ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by speedingfish View Post
    I think they all look stupid! All the retro cars lack creativity. The designers were all looking over each others shoulders. The only creativity I've seen is the charger. It doesn't look like a copy of another or retro. GTO's too for that matter. both are tough but borish. screw it... im buy'n a Ferrari.
    the charger is not a retro styled car.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

For all intents and purposes, my opinion only, the Challenger is a way better ride than the new Crapmaro. And its only 43k (at least around here)

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

2009 Stone White Charger R/T Dyatona over the alleged "2010 Camaro" Any day....just my $00.02
    Information Technology Super Sport

Suspension|T56|5.3|Twin TC66's|

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

For what it's worth I just heard that the official "You can see it at your local Chevy Dealership" date for the Camaro is March 9th. There have been so many rumors of launch dates though, it's hard to believe what's true.
    Before I bought the Z06, I seriously considered waiting for the new Camaro, the original Challenger didn't appeal to me back in the 70's, yea I'm that old, and the new one doesn't either. They "sit up" too high to me, not at all giving the impression of a sports car, or even a muscle car, which should have a "hunkered down" look to it.
    None of the car rags have had great [note I said great, not good] things to say about them in regards to handling, which is important to me. Another reason I purchased the Z06 is, the overall balance of the car. Power to weight ratio is obviously important in a true sports car as many of you guys have noted that the Challenger and Camaro are a bit overweight. The Z06 is only 300lbs. more than a Honda S2000 but with 505hp.
    The top line Camaro with over 422hp should be a blast to drive considering that should help bring that all important power to weight ratio closer to a decent perspective.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    2009 Stone White Charger R/T Dyatona over the alleged "2010 Camaro" Any day....just my $00.02
    ..i am curious...why?

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ..i am curious...why?
    Well, a lot of people are probably going to hate me for this, but I'm not really big on the 1st or 2nd Gen of the Camaro. I don't hate, I just didn't take a very large liking to them. The 3rd Gen is the Camaro of my early years (i was born in 88) and I grew up with the 4th Gen. For a person to come and show me a "2010 Camaro" is like a marketing cop-out on GM's part. Had the car been released as something else, I'd probably like it more.....but no, it had to be called a "Camaro". The F-Body died in 2002. End of story. I say Dodge Charger because it's my car of choice if I were in the market for a new (2003-Current) EFI Muscle Car. My second (if i had the money) choice would a Shelby GT 500 KR "Super Snake".....

just my $0.02
    Last edited by IT_SS; 02-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.

98' trans am

hm m fair enough but you do know the f-body died as a platform..since F-body refers to the platform..and the new camaro never claims to be a f-body...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information