Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New camaro

This is a discussion on New camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; are you saying headers and a lid like thats alot, cuz I know low buck imports around here that can ...

Pewter
    2001 Z28

are you saying headers and a lid like thats alot, cuz I know low buck imports around here that can wipe you off the road. anyways I have way more mods than that. and if you wanna talk shit go do it to a honda otherwise when I start a thread to get peoples thoughts dont try and start shit and most important what I learned about cars along time ago dont talk about shit that you know nothing about. Im not trying to start or prolong this retarded event I just wanted to know what other people thought, and have you ever driven a challenger, im sure you havent cuz it could take your car without even a second gear chirp.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I thought that when they waited eight years that they would have come up with something original, cutting edge...something new. But then that's what all the manufacturers did. They all went back to the old retro look. I would have preferred originality instead.

But the "new" Camaro is still sexy as hell. A 422hp black 2SS/RS with the body kit and black wheels all mobbed out. Damn SEXXY!

And Shit...even the V6 has 300 horses.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    are you saying headers and a lid like thats alot, cuz I know low buck imports around here that can wipe you off the road. anyways I have way more mods than that. and if you wanna talk shit go do it to a honda otherwise when I start a thread to get peoples thoughts dont try and start shit and most important what I learned about cars along time ago dont talk about shit that you know nothing about. Im not trying to start or prolong this retarded event I just wanted to know what other people thought, and have you ever driven a challenger, im sure you havent cuz it could take your car without even a second gear chirp.
    have you driven a new challenger? a sligtly moded ss would def keep up if not beat one. they are a 13 sec car... not that impressive for an allegedly 400+hp car.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Although I like the way they look the new Challengers are pigs (2 tons w/o driver) and slow as they come. At the track (Firebird in Phoenix) the only one I've seen barely broke 14 flat stock (Chargers are even slower). I've not seen a modded one. I already burned one across an intersection with the 02.

And Mustangs are.... Well, don't get me started.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Although I like the way they look the new Challengers are pigs (2 tons w/o driver) and slow as they come. At the track (Firebird in Phoenix) the only one I've seen barely broke 14 flat stock (Chargers are even slower). I've not seen a modded one. I already burned one across an intersection with the 02.

And Mustangs are.... Well, don't get me started.
    thank you

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

challengers are a waste. interior is bland as fuck and is a lot of money for a car that cant seem to escape 13s. maybe gm didnt want to go too retro since that trend is starting to fade out. from wut ive seen i wouldnt buy any chrysler product. not to mention the 17 mpg highway on a 3.08 rear end.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

if im spending anywhere near $45k im getting a used C6

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    Take a chill pill.

And how does this not make anyone cream their pants?

Compared to the bland styling of the challenger

The Camaro has the most innovative retro look of the big 3. And the interior is amazing.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

since when do they offer a manual in the challenger? that makes me like it just a tiny bit more

and i agree, the interior looks identical to the 300C, charger, and the magnum

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

The second year after the release (whenever that was)

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

good to know

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I guess people can't comply with my requests.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Black
    2001 WS6

I think the new camaro will be a good boost for gm, although with all the market problems lately its hard to really tell. I think they did a good job on the design inside and out, but they waited too long to get it to the street.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i personally like the new maro alot! ..when i get out of college i will really have to think between a c6 and a maro....oh and the challenger looks like the result from a bad one night stand between a nsx and lightning mcqueen..with alot of drinking and drug use during the pregnancy

+

=

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i personally like the new maro alot! ..when i get out of college i will really have to think between a c6 and a maro....oh and the challenger looks like the result from a bad one night stand between a nsx and lightning mcqueen..with alot of drinking and drug use during the pregnancy

Click for full size

+

Click for full size

=

Click for full size

Click for full size

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

I think they look ok but I bet the weight of the car is gonna not help sells. Look at it this way, an 03/04 Cobra that weighs 3665lbsand has aftermarket parts to make around 500rwhp can't outrun a 420rwhp f-body, at least around here they can't. I think it's gonna take some good money to make enough hp to leave a 4th gen behind. Just my opinion.
    2001 SOM SS Vert 1 of 37 verts with a 6 speed. Kook LT's with cats, fast 90mm ported intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, AFR 205's and so on. Tuning/installs done by Williams Performance.

pewter
    2000 ss

I think they all look stupid! All the retro cars lack creativity. The designers were all looking over each others shoulders. The only creativity I've seen is the charger. It doesn't look like a copy of another or retro. GTO's too for that matter. both are tough but borish. screw it... im buy'n a Ferrari.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

The challenger looks the best out of all of them IMO. Im a GM guy first then Mopar but damn they look sweet in person. They are a boat though. I wish they would have just kept smoothing out the lines and kept upgrading off the 4th gens.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I want to get either a Camaro or Challenger at some point in the coming years (unless fortune smiles on me and I can afford a new vette). I'm kinda "eh" on the looks of both. I like the Challenger's exterior (slightly) more, but the Camaro's interior a lot more. Not to mention the MSRP diff between a 2SS and SRT8, when the 2SS appears to be the better car. Unless the 5th gen goes the way of a Mustang II, I'll probably end up with one at some point, depending on my needs.

A big factor to me though is going to be the aftermarket scene. 400 horses is plenty off the lot for a <$40k car. However, as it's been stated, the Challenger is, and Camaro appears to be a pig. 2 tons is TOO HEAVY for any sports/muscle/pony/[insert other title that says "I'm fast!" here] car. This is everyone's complaint with both cars, so you know the major mod companies are going to be going apeshit to shave 500+ lbs off these cars and still maintain (or improve) stock ride quality, street legalness, and keep the back seat.

Whichever feels better once it's at least within 100-250 lbs of my f-body will likely get my ass in it's seat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information