Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new best et

This is a discussion on new best et within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by RagTop My 2000 Z28 has a 2.73 rear end and is basically stock. I have a lid ...

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    My 2000 Z28 has a 2.73 rear end and is basically stock. I have a lid and that's about it. My quickest pass was 13.44 @ 105.75 mph and my fastest pass was 13.52 @ 107.43. Those gears really make for high trap speeds. If you are going to modify the car, you would probably get more bang for your buck by installing a stall converter than lowering the gear ratio. It would probably be better for street driving as well since the lower gears would jack up your rpm and use more gas.
    How is the daily driving with the stall? Ive been wondering about that.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

mine has a converter when i b0ught it the guy thought 2400 it drives fine although i havnt had another non convertered z to compare, but i do notice on the highway some times ithas an engine breaking feeling sometimes when i let off the gas, but its not going into drive its still in overdrive,kind of weird.
    The convrter does make it atire burner though,
    If inail it from adead stop the tires spin so fast i hit the rev limiter inasecond,shift into second +because of the shift kit it keeps burning right through second,not good or e.t.'s but LOTS OF FUN. I,ve also got 323's.
    Do the stock convertered auto's,breakem loose +smoke em like this? This is my first camaro

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by HTX View Post
    How is the daily driving with the stall? Ive been wondering about that.
    I don't have a stall converter. I looked into putting 3.42's in the rear and had lots of folks advise that a stall converter in the range of 2800 to 3200 would give me more bang for the buck. I just never bothered to do either since my car is primarily a daily driver and 13.44 is still pretty damn fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information