Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

never again

This is a discussion on never again within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i took the car in today and its going to cost $8000 to fix everything. it needs all new suspension ...

silver
    2001 camaro SS

i took the car in today and its going to cost $8000 to fix everything. it needs all new suspension front and back, exhaust, a door, and some work under the door. the good news is my unibody is not smashed. i would post pics of it but i cant because i am a

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I would be so pissed off if someone did that to my car. I got rear ended by a girl who was texting in April. She did $6,000 in cosmetic damage. My car was in the shop for almost two weeks. At least it's getting fixed.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lsxrebel View Post
    i took the car in today and its going to cost $8000 to fix everything. it needs all new suspension front and back, exhaust, a door, and some work under the door. the good news is my unibody is not smashed. i would post pics of it but i cant because i am a
    All you have to do in open a photobucket account and copy and paste the "IMG" code from the photo on photobucket into the reply box where you type your message.
    It's on jackstands.

silver
    2001 camaro SS

most the stuff that is smashed is my suspension and i will post pics as i start to pull that off.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

wow iv never seen a wheel break like that make that sucks at least its getting fixed!!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah that is definitely a HARD impact to break a wheel like that. I cracked an AL wheel once hoping a railroad tie going about 40MPH to avoid hitting someone from cutting me off. The railroad tie was about 6" tall, but it just made a small crack.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Thats a class A Ass Kicking!!!

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Beck2013 View Post
    I would be so pissed off if someone did that to my car. I got rear ended by a girl who was texting in April. She did $6,000 in cosmetic damage. My car was in the shop for almost two weeks. At least it's getting fixed.

It def won't be pretty if that happens to me. I will be chewing ass like a fresh drill sargeant at basic training.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I can remember when a friend of a friend did that to me. But he didn't fuck anything up. I think I handled it well. This is how it went down.
    I stopped over by Nicks to drop off some of his things and Justin (d-bag) was over. Both were outside. Nick had to give me something so I let my car run while I ran into the the house w/ Nick. As I am walking back out I hear my car drive away. (2000 Grand prix GTP Intake,Pulley,Exhaust) (The year was 2001 so the car was damn near new. I was 19 and he was 18.) I look at Nick and said to him "its his life if he fucks it up." Nick says back "yeah I know what a dumb fuck." So as he gets on the hwy in from to Nicks I can hear the SC wine. I'm realy pissed now. So 5 mins pass and he pulles into the driveway. I have a big smile on my face. Seriously I do. Justin gets out and sees my big smile and thinks this guy is cool with what i just did. So he starts with boy that thing sounds cool when you get on it but it is hard to see the HUD. I had to sit high in the seat to see it. While he is talking I'm walking up to him with my smile (shit eating grin) on my face so I can get in my car and leave. As I pass him I lay one of my best hits on him right in his gut and told him I hope it was worth it. That weekend I saw him and he apologized.
    Just thinking of that day pissed me off.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

The Judge should give you a free shot at him as part of his sentence. I mean this is your ride that he F**KED UP. A couple of good shots in the back room of the courthouse may not fix your car but it will make you feel a little better about the situation.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Would have filed a police report for grand theft that night.

Also makes me sad CCW laws don't allow to shoot for theft of personal items.

silver
    2001 camaro SS

yeah i filed everything that night. its all good it gives me a good reason to put all new performance suspension stuff on my car now. game on

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

Since I don't drink, what is "beer pong"?
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Bad night. Learn from it by keeping your keys with you at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Bad night. Learn from it by keeping your keys with you at all times.
    As obvious as that may sound, I see people all the time jump out of their cars, leave them running, and run into a store. No one inside the car either. I just think to myself,,,"you have to be kidding me"
    I've been tempted many times to jump in the car, and just move it to another spot 3 or 4 rows over and then watch the person come out and wonder what the hell happened to their car, haha. I doubt it would teach them any different though.

As hard as that wheel was hit to break it like that, I'd also start looking at bent spindles or axle flanges. You might find you'll dig deeper than it appears to fix it. So I wouldn't sign off on any insurance checks just yet.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    As hard as that wheel was hit to break it like that, I'd also start looking at bent spindles or axle flanges. You might find you'll dig deeper than it appears to fix it. So I wouldn't sign off on any insurance checks just yet.
    What I was going to mention

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

also check front hubs. they really dont like impact.

and i will add that the guy is a grade a tool. personally i prolly woulda chased his ass down then called the cops. when they showed up and he has a broken nose, 3 black eyes, some broken ribs and a wrist that is bent backwards the cops be like what the hell happened to him? i say he tripped and fell when i was chasing him.....

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    also check front hubs. they really dont like impact.

and i will add that the guy is a grade a tool. personally i prolly woulda chased his ass down then called the cops. when they showed up and he has a broken nose, 3 black eyes, some broken ribs and a wrist that is bent backwards the cops be like what the hell happened to him? i say he tripped and fell when i was chasing him.....
    3 black eyes? Really doing a number on him huh?!?!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    3 black eyes? Really doing a number on him huh?!?!

haha yep that how mad i would be!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information