Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Neighbors SS

This is a discussion on Neighbors SS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I got an idea. Maybe you should save the money for when he gets back and he can mod the ...

Shorty
    I got an idea. Maybe you should save the money for when he gets back and he can mod the car himself. I would appreciate a friend modding my car when I was gone but would actually prefer to do it myself. Recommend rethinking your efforts. Of course you know him personally. We don't.

amilak
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    I got an idea. Maybe you should save the money for when he gets back and he can mod the car himself. I would appreciate a friend modding my car when I was gone but would actually prefer to do it myself. Recommend rethinking your efforts. Of course you know him personally. We don't.
    The whole thing has come to a grinding halt. His wife got cold feet last weekend. All, and I mean all, of the neighbors are whining to her, to include myself. I was really excited about it and so were they. It isn't all that bad of deal though, now I'll concentrate on my Z this winter instead of his SS. I was about to email him to tell him that we were about to do this thing until his wife got scared, but I don't want to start any drama.

Thanks to all of you that chimed in. I wish this would've happened. Also, this pretty much ends my existance on this forum, so later, drive safe, and if you line up next to my Z....take it easy on me!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you should stick around on the forum

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Don't forget the OIL!!! Change out the engine oil the tranny fluid and the rear diff fluid and poor in Royal Purple (Pep Boys now sell it) and pick up a cheap 10 horses...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    Don't forget the OIL!!! Change out the engine oil the tranny fluid and the rear diff fluid and poor in Royal Purple (Pep Boys now sell it) and pick up a cheap 10 horses...
    Yeah...and adding a Tornado will give you a cheap 50 horses, too.

amilak
    Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    You Camaro guys get so many horses from free-mods and bolt-ons. That's something that I've noticed about your cars. I wish I could get half the yields you guys get on my engine. The only way to with a Z is FI. Even then, I've seen cheaper-modded cars hang with FI'd Z's. Boo hoo.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Stay simple

I would stay simple and do an air lid and an GMMG exhaust system. That made a huge difference on my car and its nothing he cant "undo".

badass67
    You need to take this car for a test drive!!!!!!

LS1 is the only one...

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Cam wouldn't hurt either...don't know if he wants a cam though.

Hotrod
    I was thinking headers, pair of electric cut-outs, cold-air induction, K&N Air Filter, gears, cam, and nitrous.

But since your not gonna be working on his car anymore, I'd start working on the wife! Just Kiddin! Good luck with the 350Z.

ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Okay..............for a fellow Veteran............

I think the best bang for the buck is going to 4.10 gears. Every F body should be ugraded to new gears..........IMO.........of course. Seat of the PANTS feel instantly!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is getting speedo reset. SLP sells an adapter of sorts. Or Im sure you can have someone with HP Tuners or such do a quick retune.

Have a good shop do it for maybe $700 total.

Next I would do a cam.................and with a few bolt ons and your still under $3K.

Have fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information