need some advise

im going to look at a 2000 SS vert with 28500 miles, 6spd, leather. guy says it has a few rock chips and the normal swirls on a black car. could someone tell me a good price i could offer him without him getting pissed. i asked him te lowest he could go but he told me too come drive it and if i like it give him a price. hes asking 15000 but he needs to sell it.

white
    2000 Z28

not a fan of verts but 28.5k miles is really good. depends on the drive i guess but if you like it i wouldn't mind paying that price. its all in how you feel about the car

1999 Z28

Toss me a bit more info. How bad do you want it? How much do have to spend? Decide a number you WANT to pay and make that your offer. Personally I'm not into verts so I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't a steal, like $10K. Its got low miles and some rather typical imperfections in the paint. I would offer $12K-$13K cash (if you can), he might say ok but he will at least counter-offer with "I can't go below $xxxxx.xx". If you do get it some of the scratch removers work wonders for light scratches/swirls.

see the thing is im not a convertible fan either. but a SS with under 30000 miles with a asking price of 15000 caught my eye. if i can get it for 12k cash i would do it. that was what i wanted to offer but i dont like lowballers and i dont want to be one myself. but he says a divorse has ruined him. the car is located 5 miles from me in the city i grew up in.

would it be possible if i got it for 12k and i didnt like having a convertible that i would be able to seel it without losing money on it in 2 years???

one more thing..... kbb.com has it at 12.700 in good condition private party value.

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

That's an insanely good price for an SS vert with that many miles. Drop him down to 14K he'll probably counter with $14,500, then take it. They only made roughly 1,000 SS convertibles a year and they're quite hard to find especially with a 6-speed manual.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cravinmohead22 View Post
    im going to look at a 2000 SS vert with 28500 miles, 6spd, leather. guy says it has a few rock chips and the normal swirls on a black car. could someone tell me a good price i could offer him without him getting pissed. i asked him te lowest he could go but he told me too come drive it and if i like it give him a price. hes asking 15000 but he needs to sell it.
    $15k for a vert in excellent condition with low miles and M6 is a good buy. If you can get him lower, great, but I would pay $15k for an M6, low mileage, excellent condition SS vert.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I ran it on KBB. Assuming its in excellent condition and private party value, it books for 13,500, so you should have some room to negotiate him downward.

thanks guys for your help. ill keep you posted on what happens.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

that is a good price as already stated..............a vert SS would be sweet, I love my t-tops but vert really turns the heads

well i looked at it and everything was as nice as can be but the paint. it had alot of flaws. a 15in. scratch on the spoiler and 7 other scratches that were not buffable. alot of scuffs and rubs that could be rubbed out but now im not sure what to do or if i should offer anything. its not a car i would take to a car show because the paint is bad. i know with 28000 mile that its not gunna be perfect but my truck with 60000 miles has less scratches.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

well i looked at it and everything was as nice as can be but the paint. it had alot of flaws. a 15in. scratch on the spoiler and 7 other scratches that were not buffable. alot of scuffs and rubs that could be rubbed out but now im not sure what to do or if i should offer anything. its not a car i would take to a car show because the paint is bad. i know with 28000 mile that its not gunna be perfect but my truck with 60000 miles has less scratches.
    sounds like it has had a rough 28k

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sounds like he needs to be asking more like $12k or less then.

i was thinking of offering him 11k and hope he dont get pissed but i still own a 11k car with a bunch of scratches. the rest of the car is really clean. im sure if i had it detailed really well it would look tons better but the other flaws will bother me. im losing sleep over this. i wake up for work in 5hrs. hahaha

Thread Information