Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

in need of opinions

ok heres what i plan on gettin next spring. any alterations or suggestions or taking off the list let me know

my plan is this might be a dd for like 6 or more months. so i need streetable. im gonna have around $5-7k to dump in right away. what would be a good setup for that money and i dont wanna do FI yet. that is a future mod. i wanna focus on suspension so i dont have to worry bout it later and want good traction whether stock or modded a little or a lot. what is ur guys opinion on setup?

optima battery
    ngk spark plugs
    msd plug wires
    cross slotted and drilled rotors
    prothane tranny mounts
    b&m ripper shifter
    underdrive pulley set
    prothane motor mounts
    clutch master cylinder
    ported oil pump
    pacesetter headers
    fuel rails
    fast intake and TB 90mm
    aluminum radiator
    sway bars
    aluminum driveshaft
    camshaft and springs
    walbro fuel pump
    slp cold air intake
    chromemoly pushrod
    sub frame connectors
    panhard bar
    Last edited by slim420832002; 09-19-2007 at 09:09 AM.

white
    2002 z28

well on your price list i didnt really see any thing on suspention mods. but added some sub frame connectors, relocate the LCA, panhard bar, new shocks ( depending on street/strip) but konis are great, and maybe a strut tower brace

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by slim420832002 View Post
    ok heres what i plan on gettin next spring. any alterations or suggestions or taking off the list let me know

my plan is this might be a dd for like 6 or more months. so i need streetable. im gonna have around $5-7k to dump in right away. what would be a good setup for that money and i dont wanna do FI yet. that is a future mod. i wanna focus on suspension so i dont have to worry bout it later and want good traction whether stock or modded a little or a lot. what is ur guys opinion on setup?
    Why spend the money twice? If you plan is FI then why buy a cam now. IF you buy one now you will have to purchase a cam just for he FI. Unless you have the cubes for the fast intake and 90mm TB no point. If you have the cubes then why FI. You might want to decided what you ultimate goal is. I wanted a N/A 11 sec car and have one. I am going to try and N/A into the 10's. 5-7k can do alot.. I would do perfomance first, suspension second, and looks last.. But that was how I built mine. Your list has all 3 in it. I would choose one and complete it then move on to the next.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    strut tower brace

Does nothing unless your a road coarse racer. It does nothing for the 1/4 mile and unless it is a large STB you will notice no difference. I count a STB as an apperance mod.

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Why spend the money twice? If you plan is FI then why buy a cam now. IF you buy one now you will have to purchase a cam just for he FI. Unless you have the cubes for the fast intake and 90mm TB no point. If you have the cubes then why FI. You might want to decided what you ultimate goal is. I wanted a N/A 11 sec car and have one. I am going to try and N/A into the 10's. 5-7k can do alot.. I would do perfomance first, suspension second, and looks last.. But that was how I built mine. Your list has all 3 in it. I would choose one and complete it then move on to the next.
    i wanna TT it that is for sure but the forgeing of the motor i wanna do is gonna cost around $5500 and i wanna eventually boost high with a controller in the car to adjust boost settings for different times. i will probably end up custom building a TT kit with a huge intercooler for real cheap. but if i do all that i will never have any traction unless i do all the suspension and rims and tire mods. so that is where i am at. i would like to hit 10's in the 1/4 when finally complete possibly dipping in the 9's. i know for final HP numbers i want in 650 range which with a TT setup that shouldnt be that hard correct??

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Does nothing unless your a road coarse racer. It does nothing for the 1/4 mile and unless it is a large STB you will notice no difference. I count a STB as an apperance mod.
    u got anymore pics of ur ride

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    well on your price list i didnt really see any thing on suspention mods. but added some sub frame connectors, relocate the LCA, panhard bar, new shocks ( depending on street/strip) but konis are great, and maybe a strut tower brace
    i wanna do all suspension mods so i can hook up. that is for sure. i wanna drive on street more than strip. and is also gonna be a ride that ill probably take to meets and drive across the US to wherever the meet is. is all this capable? how much money to do a setup like i want?

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

what did it cost u to get into the 11's N/A also what amount of money did u spend

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

These are kind of boring mods in the they will do nothing to make you faster, but especially if you want to bump up the power significantly with something like FI. You are going to need a new rear end (something like a Ford 9" or a Dyna) and probably a tougher tranny as well. These won't make you any faster really, in fact they might slow you down some since they are heavier and can suck away some power, but you will be bulletproofish whenever you add power on later. Not to mention with a good strong rear end you will be able to take off really hard and keep moving

As for suspension stuff look into Subframe Connectors, torque arm, and control arms.

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    These are kind of boring mods in the they will do nothing to make you faster, but especially if you want to bump up the power significantly with something like FI. You are going to need a new rear end (something like a Ford 9" or a Dyna) and probably a tougher tranny as well. These won't make you any faster really, in fact they might slow you down some since they are heavier and can suck away some power, but you will be bulletproofish whenever you add power on later. Not to mention with a good strong rear end you will be able to take off really hard and keep moving

As for suspension stuff look into Subframe Connectors, torque arm, and control arms.
    see i know they are kinda boring mods but eventually i wanna get all the boltons and forge the motor and tt it. i wanna build it b4 i put the tt on. if it slows me down whatever. for right now for like a year i would like to push at least 400-450 to the ground maybe even 500hp. then in 2009 look for the tt kit and forgeing of the motor the tranny built and rearend. for right now just really wanna do suspension and get the power up to around 450 or whatever N/A. next year will do the complete building of the car. cuz next summer it will probably be driven a lot i guess i shouldve clarified in the 1st place sorry guys

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

i forgot to add this is for a 98-02 z28 m6 that i will end up getting maybe ss if i can find one cheap enough

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

u got anymore pics of ur ride
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62938

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

what did it run u for all the appearance mods and what size rims are those? what did they run if i may ask

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

i luv the cowl hood. looks real nice. i like ur ride. i would probably do all that u have plus it is like a intimidator front end and i know a place to get it all done in carbon fiber. thats another thing i am gonna lighten it buy replace like hood, fenders, front end, doors and hatch to carbon fiber to lighten the shit out of it

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

i luv the cowl hood. looks real nice. i like ur ride. i would probably do all that u have plus it is like a intimidator front end and i know a place to get it all done in carbon fiber. thats another thing i am gonna lighten it buy replace like hood, fenders, front end, doors and hatch to carbon fiber to lighten the shit out of it
    Thank you very much and yes that grill is CF. And I agree gives it that intimidator look..

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

what did it run u for all the appearance mods and what size rims are those? what did they run if i may ask
    Spoiler was 189 painted from Spoilerdepot
    VFN hood was 550 .. Painted was another 150
    Grill was 159 if I remeber correctly
    wheels and tires
    18x10 front 18 x11 back 275/35 ZR18's in the front 29/35 ZR18's in the back.
    PM me for the price ..

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Thank you very much and yes that grill is CF. And I agree gives it that intimidator look..
    i think this body kit with the rest of the look ur car has would look awesome
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60749

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

so im an idiot i read about it but dont really understand whats a main engine girdle really do and are they worth it??

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

ok after talking to a few different ppl in a few different threads here is what i came up with
    heads-what kind would be good tho
    cam(trex or does anyone else have any suggestions)
    pacesetter long tube headers, y pipe, and catback(dont know which brand could use help on that)
    fast 90/90 with fuel rails and 60lb injectors
    underdrive pulley (whats the best)
    12 bolt rear end (whats the best)
    and a tune

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

what does upgrading the crankshaft actually do

Thread Information