Black
    2001 WS6 TA

Question Need help choosing Camaro

I found a couple of cars to buy and was just checking on your guys input I can get them both for around $8k thanks for any help in advance.

1st car

2002 NBM Z28 (has been sprayed a few times at the track)
    Auto
    53K miles
    runs a 12.4@111 w/ a 12.8 A/F ratio
    All options, TTops, Leather, Monsoon stereo, no traction control, cold a/c, good tint, ect
    Mods:
    Engine:
    Hotcam and LS6 Springs,Intake Lid,Mac Mid Headers w/ ORY pipe,Hooker Catback w/ welded in Cut-out
    Suspension:
    UMI Panhard Bar,UMI Lower Control Arms, UMI 3 point weld in sub frame connectors
    Drivetrain:
    TCI SSF 3800 stall, B&M 26,000GVU trans cooler
    Electronics:
    AEM Wideband,Prosport Fuel Pressure Gauge
    Exterior Modifications:
    Stock Snowflake rims and tires
    Black Halo Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Berger Panel
    Other:
    Racetronix 255 pump w/ hotwire
    Optima Redtop Battery
    -I just replaced the pads and rotors and the car stops like brand new!
    The Bad:
    -tree sap got under the clear coat on the hood and it maybe a wetsand job, but i didnt want to mess with it
    -deep scratch on the passenger side door handle, not sure where it came from, just appeared randomly one day
    -small spider marks on pass side from hitting a raccoon one night
    -3/4" long tear on the driver's side seat on the side bolster.

2nd car

2000 z28 pewter in color, it has 72k on it, automatic tranny.
    cloth seats pwr everything very nice car comes with stock rims and a set of welds (has not used spray / straight N/A)

pacesetter lt,ory,slp catback.
    fuddle 3400,b&m shift kit.3.90s
    tf cam 228/230 585.585 112
    comp 918s,comp pr
    racetronics kit,rear airbag
    cold a/c
    car runs 11s at 115
    Last edited by Splurch; 01-28-2009 at 09:57 AM.

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

prices on both would help with the decision, but just going off of the information you provided, i would get the blue one

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

The pewter one is probably less beat up! Sounds better in my opinion. More mods don't necessarily mean better.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

I would be hesitant to buy a car with that many mods already done (especially sprayed). You know some guy just drove the living hell out of the thing with mods like you listed for the NBM (which could be no big deal I realize, the LS1 can take a beatin and still perform very well, but I think it puts you at risk for problems down the road.) Just my .02

None

If your looking for something faster the first one! Then it does have lower
    miles and 2 yrs newer, yet it may be beat more?

Prices needed...

None

Welcome to the site!

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

go with the first one ..

18D Cock Diesel

Why is the guy selling the first one? You know he is knee deep in it. How much has he spent on all the mods? Were they installed professionally? Did he race it all the time? The paint has problems already too, that aint cheap. Yeah, lower miles and 2 years newer can be A LOT worse depending on how the car was used or ABused. But at the same time...it is very enticing too!
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Black
    2001 WS6 TA

He owes money on it and with school and other expenses he is deep in the hole right now.

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    I would be hesitant to buy a car with that many mods already done (especially sprayed). You know some guy just drove the living hell out of the thing with mods like you listed for the NBM (which could be no big deal I realize, the LS1 can take a beatin and still perform very well, but I think it puts you at risk for problems down the road.) Just my .02
    our cars are between 7 and 11 years old now for an LS1? it's getting harder and harder to be picky, and honestly they're a sports car so damn near everybody that buys one does so with the intent of AT LEAST driving it hard. i know there were a few faults posted about the blue one, but if you think about it they're really not all that bad.

like i said, we could really use prices and pics wouldn't hurt in the decision making process either. the blue one has more done to it, the time posted on the pewter one is faster, but i think the blue one is a lot more ready to go fast IMO. of course, even though i drive a pewter car, i like NBM better anyway, lol

edit: N/M i see where you edited your post to put the price in. that's not bad, but you can get a better deal than that to be honest

Black
    2001 WS6 TA

pics

18D Cock Diesel

is it me or is the pewter one sprayed? pewter one looks nicer to me. in the op, it said the other car was sprayed.

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    is it me or is the pewter one sprayed? pewter one looks nicer to me. in the op, it said the other car was sprayed.
    yeah, pewter one is definitely sprayed. so, if he was correct in saying the blue one has been sprayed, then they have both been sprayed and that dissolves that arguement. that being said, both of those cars look clean as hell to me and i think you couldn't go wrong with either

Black
    2001 WS6 TA

Yes they have both been sprayed, I misunderstood what the seller was telling me, he didn't spray to get the 11 time slip that was N/A.

rooster99SS, is there really better deals out there then these? I've been looking and can't find anything to be honest. Most cars with around 70k are $10k and most in the 50k range are $12k plus. I might be looking in the wrong places though (netlook auto, here, ls1tech, autotrader) if you know of other good placed to look I would appreciate it.

Thanks SS02 for the welcome,I used to belong to this site long ago but forgot my log in and password, I had a brand new 2001 WS6 in 01 but had to give it up in 2002 when I got laid off and after 9-11 there were no jobs. So I've missed my car greatly and now that my daughter is 4 and no more big car seat (booster now) I think its time to get a car I like again. I have 8k and could borrow a couple more if need be and have found a ton of great cars for 13 or so but the banks down here (Jax FL) do not want to even partially finance a car that is over 3 or 4 years old let alone 7 or 8.

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

if that car runs 11's N/A, no you can't get a better deal than that, lol. the better deals i've seen are all on tech and i only look in the texas classifieds. there's just a lot of f-bodies around here, and i mean a LOT, so you get good deals coming through there every now and then

18D Cock Diesel

They are both good deals...I just dont want to see you spend a bunch of money and get a blown engine or something....that's all. I suggest getting the car inspected by a mechanic. It would only cost like 100 or 200 and it would be cheap insurance. They are nice cars, just make sure they are in good shape. Its pretty expensive to get a new LS engine. Good luck man! Post back on what you decide to buy.

Thread Information