Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Need everyones help for the camaro...

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot if so please move it to the right location thanks...

I have a 99 Z28 M6 and my plans for it someday is supercharged.. so i need your input for mods so over time I have the correct heads, cam, gears, rear end, ect... so i am not spending money twice... it would also be nice if you could have it in stages.. with prices.. the goal here is to have a weekend warrior that will stomp anything its up against.. thanks...

the mods i already have are ls6 intake, b&m short shifter, slp loudmouth cat back, slp lid with K&N, msd wires, i think thats about it... thank you all for helping out...

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

does anyone have a supercharger on there car on this site?? no tubos for me...

Black
    99 SS

well first off your talking some serious cash. If i were you I would get the motor forged for starters.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    well first off your talking some serious cash. If i were you I would get the motor forged for starters.
    i know its going to take some cash but this will be a long term project... what do you mean by forged?

Black
    99 SS

the internals, personally I would go that way so there will never be major issues with the engine. but other have had success with stock internals also.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

the internals, personally I would go that way so there will never be major issues with the engine. but other have had success with stock internals also.
    thanks i was going to build it first and then put a supercharger on it... any suggestions on the internals good brands to get??

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Talk to a local tuner and have them price it out, at least that way you can do this over the long term the right way in the correct order, any specific power goals or just want a supercharger?

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by mk99z28 View Post
    thanks i was going to build it first and then put a supercharger on it... any suggestions on the internals good brands to get??

i dunno man, I started looking into that direction but decided against it completely but maybe some other SC'd guys will shime in on it

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Talk to a local tuner and have them price it out, at least that way you can do this over the long term the right way in the correct order, any specific power goals or just want a supercharger?
    kinda just want a supercharger i would be happy if i am onver 600rwhp... just want to walk all over a vette or anything..

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

dont have a local tuner in my town... that deals with ls1s

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

i dunno man, I started looking into that direction but decided against it completely but maybe some other SC'd guys will shime in on it
    well thanks for the info..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you just want a supercharger you could leave it on low boost and reliably be in the 450rwhp range. 500 w/ bolt-ons and a low mileage motor.

Black
    99 SS

If you just want a supercharger you could leave it on low boost and reliably be in the 450rwhp range. 500 w/ bolt-ons and a low mileage motor.

but witht that also comes, a complete trans rebuild, clutch, rearend, suspension etc along with it.

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

im almost done with my procharger D1 with twin intercoolers setup, first off let me tell you the "complete kit" is not complete LMAO

they left out the fact that you need afew things here's what i can tell you so far $500 balancer from ATI (for 8 rib) 200+ in car fuel pressure gauge Crank pinning kit $140 (and it is a SIDE PINNING KIT not the FRONT) the front is for the stock balancer (6-rib kit) A recomended Wideband A/F gauge $250 high flow Fuel filter $35 NGK TR-6 spark plugs like $40 im sure theres more im forgetting but i am doing this install myself and will be done in maybe another 2 weeks, once finished and tuned i will start a very informational write up to the best of my ability.

And a dyno tune from a reputable shop which can run about $500+

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

oh yea and i went with a level 2 trans from Performabuilt http://www.performabuiltautomatics.com the stock just sucked / PLAN on going to a 12 bolt or 9" also the stock internals are good up to about 500hp
    or so i been told either way my car has 110xxx miles and im going to be running 8psi

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mk99z28 View Post
    kinda just want a supercharger i would be happy if i am onver 600rwhp... just want to walk all over a vette or anything..
    You can build it and walk all over vettes N/A... for a lot less $$$. With a S/C, there is no long term build, it's all or nothing. I guess you can start with the correct supporing mods, ie trans, clutch, rear end (not gears, the whole thing) suspension, etc... but when you start that S/C installation, unless you don't care the car is down for months, do it all at one time. I would repost this in the forced induction section, maybe get a bit more info from those guys.

Good luck!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    You can build it and walk all over vettes N/A... for a lot less $$$. With a S/C, there is no long term build, it's all or nothing. I guess you can start with the correct supporing mods, ie trans, clutch, rear end (not gears, the whole thing) suspension, etc... but when you start that S/C installation, unless you don't care the car is down for months, do it all at one time. I would repost this in the forced induction section, maybe get a bit more info from those guys.

Good luck!
    thanks for the help..what would you recomend for internals?

oh and i did post a new thread in forced induction

Thread Information