Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

My Z got mistaken for a chrysler today

This is a discussion on My Z got mistaken for a chrysler today within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro No you would'nt... why wouldnt i pick the sportier looking car of the two ?...

  1. #21
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    No you would'nt...
    why wouldnt i pick the sportier looking car of the two ?

  2. #22
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why wouldnt i pick the sportier looking car of the two ?
    Because the "sportier" wont have the LS1.. Somethin' tells me the Milkman would rather run a HO-fish, than drive a slow turd..

  3. #23
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Because the "sportier" wont have the LS1.. Somethin' tells me the Milkman would rather run a HO-fish, than drive a slow turd..
    you know the milkman's tastes well

  4. #24
    Member slpdablueZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    403

    blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    So today I leave work, stop by the nearest 7-11 (actually owned by american folks), and I notice the guy keeps glancing at my car with a confused look. I know him, real nice guy, just picked up a mid 80's SS Monte Carlo. I thought he had seen my car before but I guess not. I get to the register, and he asks "Is that a... a chrysler?..."



    Because I've heard it before, I got a little offended but laughed it off and replied "No, but I can see where you're getting it from". He asks what kind of car it is and I told him it was a late model camaro. He looked a little surprised, and said "I guess they make cars in all sorts of different styles these days"

    Chrysler? Really? With the ram-air hood and all?
    sad part is ive actually seen a sebring with a ss hood on it

  5. #25
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    sad part is ive actually seen a sebring with a ss hood on it
    lol wtf

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    A domestic car educated person knows the difference but that doesnt mean they are not similar. The do have some similar lines.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    A car educated person knows the difference but that doesnt mean they are not similar. The do have some similar lines in some areas.

    I had someone mistake my legacy for a civic the other day, and they drive a civic. I too was quite offended, I just said its like a civic but different in everyway.



    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-24-2010 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A domestic car educated person knows the difference but that doesnt mean they are not similar. The do have some similar lines.
    True, however most people look at color and the basic shape and they can draw links from one car to another.

    Once quick glance is all they take and if they have something already in that brain they have than they see what they want to see not what is really there.

    Mind over matter. I dont mind and they dont matter. Most people just see the rear of the Z28 so there is no way to mistake it for a Concord...lol

  9. #29
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A car educated person knows the difference but that doesnt mean they are not similar. The do have some similar lines in some areas.

    I had someone mistake my legacy for a civic the other day, and they drive a civic. I too was quite offended, I just said its like a civic but different in everyway.

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    Now that, I would have a hard time telling apart at a glance. Not that there isn't subtle differences, but most of these new cookie cutter cars coming out nowadays are all copies of other manufactures in some way shape or form. I gave up many years ago trying to tell what car is which and who makes it.
    Generally got disinterested in most cars made after the 80's anyway, and by the time the 90's rolled around it got more difficult to seperate the brands.
    Now it's just damn near impossible. About the only new car you recognize rolling down the street anymore is a vette, a challenger, or the new camaro,,,everything else looks like a cookie cutter to me.
    People get on here all the time and say things like,,,I just raced a M3,,,or a G28, or a Skyline, or what have you. I have no clue what that crap is anymore and really have no interest in knowing. Names of these cars have went down the toilet,,,and the styling is even worse.

    Okay that's my take on it,,,carry on

  10. #30
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Now that, I would have a hard time telling apart at a glance. Not that there isn't subtle differences, but most of these new cookie cutter cars coming out nowadays are all copies of other manufactures in some way shape or form. I gave up many years ago trying to tell what car is which and who makes it.
    Generally got disinterested in most cars made after the 80's anyway, and by the time the 90's rolled around it got more difficult to seperate the brands.
    Now it's just damn near impossible. About the only new car you recognize rolling down the street anymore is a vette, a challenger, or the new camaro,,,everything else looks like a cookie cutter to me.
    People get on here all the time and say things like,,,I just raced a M3,,,or a G28, or a Skyline, or what have you. I have no clue what that crap is anymore and really have no interest in knowing. Names of these cars have went down the toilet,,,and the styling is even worse.

    Okay that's my take on it,,,carry on
    I completely agree

  11. #31
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I completely agree
    We seem to have alot in common

  12. #32
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    We seem to have alot in common
    I've noticed that myself

  13. #33
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    We seem to have alot in common
    Amazing considering the 70 years between you two.







    In all seriousness...is it sad that I always look forward to teasing you in every thread I can ....

  14. #34
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    i think he just called you old....

  15. #35
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Amazing considering the 70 years between you two.







    In all seriousness...is it sad that I always look forward to teasing you in every thread I can ....
    I think Kahana and I are fairly close in age, not too far off. I don't mind it shady, it's all good fun.
    I'm pretty thick skinned, unlike alot of folk around here Most of the time I'm biting my tongue around here, I could be pretty harsh if I wanted to be

  16. #36
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I think Kahana and I are fairly close in age, not too far off. I don't mind it shady, it's all good fun.
    I'm pretty thick skinned, unlike alot of folk around here Most of the time I'm biting my tongue around here, I could be pretty harsh if I wanted to be
    Once again in agreement

  17. #37
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Once again in agreement
    What can I say,,,,I'm on a roll

  18. #38
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I could be pretty harsh if I wanted to be
    i think you should

  19. #39
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    ill be honest, ive had some silver sebring verts give me a double take, thinking they were there silver Z verts.

  20. #40
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    ill be honest, ive had some silver sebring verts give me a double take, thinking they were there silver Z verts.

    the verts will do that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Trade: Would like to trade my '05 Chrysler 300 for a GTO
    By nitrox28 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 07:44 AM
  2. Help: Could I have mistaken exhaust for Trans problem?
    By chuckie669 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
  3. GM and Chrysler to merge?
    By Jays00ss in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 06:53 PM
  4. Chrysler ME 12
    By 05gtoautoX in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
  5. 63 chrysler new yorker 413
    By LS1 Trans am in forum Classic Muscle
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •