Thread: My perfect day!

Black
    98 Z28

My perfect day!

. . . was not the other day. 5 mins after i put my signal light covers on that i got THAT day i went for a drive to the local stores for car wax, claybar and a piece of leather for a test. Not 2 miles from my house someone decides "Since this is America and i dont have to learn the language, why should i have to stop at red lights?". Well. . .i locked my brakes the second i saw him but the outcome was inevitable:

It was a rather slow speed on my behalf, around 25mph. He had to be cruising to make my bumper just tear off like that. From what im told the police report is 100% in my favor but its still going to be a hassle considering i dont have collision. Everyone was fine, my necks a little sore but im sure its ok (going to the doctors just to be sure). So now i need to see how much his insurance company will pay me and if i can get it done by the time of the GM Nationals in Carlisle PA. Sucks because i already paid for my ticket on the field and camping.

Black
    98 Z28

And since the picture doesn't show, the extent of the damage is:
    Bumper cover
    Bumper Padding
    Bumper cover support (Which i custom painted black 2 weeks agao)
    Hood
    Fender
    Signal/Daytime running light wires
    Passengers Headlight (Also painted and whistler modded)
    and just a little frame damage

So thats all i need to get repaired, then i need to fill in a chip or 2 on the door from the bumper flying down the side.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Sorry man, that really sucks!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Wow that sucks, glad to see your brakes helped you from making it worse.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Sorry man, that really sucks!
    +1

It doesn't look too bad, panels looks straight, new bumper and you should be in business right? Some minor repair to a couple other things.

If you can't make it to PA I'll buy your tickets. When is the GM Nationals?

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    +1

It doesn't look too bad, panels looks straight, new bumper and you should be in business right? Some minor repair to a couple other things.

If you can't make it to PA I'll buy your tickets. When is the GM Nationals?
    26 - 29 of this month. Im probably still going but thanks for the offer.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Amazing how things can go from great to shit in a few seconds. Good luck with the repairs. Should be down on Saturday with our car -- hopefully with front end intact!

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Sorry to hear that man,

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

That's a farily clean break, I hope insurance does the right thing and pays up for once.

red
    02 z28

looks like some one took a sawzall to your bumper good luck man i just ordered a new bumper cover some ass ran me of the road last friday striaght into an cast iron fence.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Did the other guy have insurance? Shouldn't his insurance company HAVE to be covering everything? Just wondering, I don't know the whole situation I guess, never had a claim

Sorry that happened to you man, that sucks...

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Sorry about the crash, did you punch him in the face for being stupid?

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Sorry to here this, I know how u feel. Couple months back I was coming back home after getting my new wheels on, got hit in the door and quarterpanel. Good day shot to hell.
    Since it wasn't your fault his insurance (if he has it) should pay for it. Good luck, hope everything works out for you.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro z28

I know how you feel as well, I had a gsx-r 750. Was running about 55 on a local highway sunday afternoon just ate at Sonic when a lady pulled out in front of me about 10 yds away. I highsided my bike and flipped runnin 55, went through a mailbox and a sign and my bike slid on the road so hard and flipped it shaved a hole into the block, totaled my bike. The lady kept goin and the cop wrote me the ticket for too fast for conditions and i was abiding the speed limit but b/c the other lady didnt stop he legally had to give the ticket to some1 he said. Life is full of bullshit but my insurance company paid me back in full to the penny of the purchase price of the bike, Which in thanks I saved and traded my 01 blazer extreme for my Camaro now my my some things work out for the best though. Good luck to you man, you'll get it fixed in time.
    99 z28 Pewter, SLP Quad Exhaust System, SLP Loud Mouth, SLP full length LS 1 Headers, Z06 Chrome 18's, 255 tires, 80mm BBK TB, SLP Lid, SLP MAF,

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Damn. Looks like someone took a meat cleaver to the bumper. His ins should cover it without a hitch. I had an old bag hit me head on in my last car. She was at a dead stop and she saw me, hit the gas and BANG!! We met head on and the impact steered me into an adjacent parking lot. Thank goodness for witnesses. The cop looked at her car and then mine and he shook his head in disgust. No tickets were issued, but her insurance paid for the repairs. Once her ins decided to total my old car, the car was already repaired and her ins had to fork over even more money.

I am convinced...people go braindead once they turn the key.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by 99LsOne View Post
    I know how you feel as well, I had a gsx-r 750. Was running about 55 on a local highway sunday afternoon just ate at Sonic when a lady pulled out in front of me about 10 yds away. I highsided my bike and flipped runnin 55, went through a mailbox and a sign and my bike slid on the road so hard and flipped it shaved a hole into the block, totaled my bike. The lady kept goin and the cop wrote me the ticket for too fast for conditions and i was abiding the speed limit but b/c the other lady didnt stop he legally had to give the ticket to some1 he said. Life is full of bullshit but my insurance company paid me back in full to the penny of the purchase price of the bike, Which in thanks I saved and traded my 01 blazer extreme for my Camaro now my my some things work out for the best though. Good luck to you man, you'll get it fixed in time.
    had to give a ticket to somebody? what the hell kind of cops you got down there? my travels on a bike trip are going to bring me down that way, guess i better watch out, they probably dont like yankees on motorsickles at all.

Thread Information