NBM
    2001 CAMARO

my camaro has picked up a hessitation during accel

My car started to surge under acceleration, it shows no codes,the fuel pressure is around 46lb at Idle and goes up to 60ish when you hit the throttle.

the car seems to work fine when its really cold outside or the engine has not warmed up completely.

This is very annoying the only change I have made was I was real low on fuel and stoped to get gas and they were out of 93 oct so I put in 6 gal of 89oct and noticed it after a few miles, but I have since ran all of that fuel out and filled up with 93 oct amaco fuel.

On the Hp tuners scanner it shows no misfires on any cylinder, all the fuel tables look fine .
    But when it surges under heavy acceleration,some times there is some spark retard, hence detanation, then there is some disruption in the air fuel table.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Black
    F250

This isnt quite related to that, but my buddys car was doing that, under heavy acceleration his car would just start to go, then almost have a little hiccup then go fine until he shifted then it would do it all over again when he let the clutch out and throttled hard. Shortly after that his alternator went out. Replaced the altenator, also the wire to the alternator was messed up, so we fix that wire too, problem went away. Dont really know much about these as im a newb to camaros and LS1, but maybe check it out around the alternator?

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    This isnt quite related to that, but my buddys car was doing that, under heavy acceleration his car would just start to go, then almost have a little hiccup then go fine until he shifted then it would do it all over again when he let the clutch out and throttled hard. Shortly after that his alternator went out. Replaced the altenator, also the wire to the alternator was messed up, so we fix that wire too, problem went away. Dont really know much about these as im a newb to camaros and LS1, but maybe check it out around the alternator?
    Thanks, I have had to replace the wire on the alternator once already, I'll check it again.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    My car started to surge under acceleration, it shows no codes,the fuel pressure is around 46lb at Idle and goes up to 60ish when you hit the throttle.

the car seems to work fine when its really cold outside or the engine has not warmed up completely.

This is very annoying the only change I have made was I was real low on fuel and stoped to get gas and they were out of 93 oct so I put in 6 gal of 89oct and noticed it after a few miles, but I have since ran all of that fuel out and filled up with 93 oct amaco fuel.

On the Hp tuners scanner it shows no misfires on any cylinder, all the fuel tables look fine .
    But when it surges under heavy acceleration,some times there is some spark retard, hence detanation, then there is some disruption in the air fuel table.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    My Z was doing the same thing a few months ago. I assumed it was my fuel pump going bad and took it straight to my mechanics and told him what was going on. He agreed it sounded like the fuel pump, but he also said I might be lucky and it might just be a clogged fuel filter. I went to buy and have a new fuel filter put on, and I've had no hessitations problems since.

Hope this helps.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Ya if you got real low on fuel you could have just cloged your filter. I would try that since they are cheap.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ya if you got real low on fuel you could have just cloged your filter. I would try that since they are cheap.
    Exactly. Fuel filter cost me under $20. Sure beats the hell out of $350+ for the fuel pump and assembly shit. Thats not counting labor for a shop to install it.

I got lucky.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

PROBLEM SOLVED I ran all the gas out, filled up with premium and put in a bottle of lucas fuel treatment, and before 1/2 the tank was gone the problem had disappeared.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Cool.

Thread Information