Thread: MS3 Cam

white
    1998 camaro ss

MS3 Cam

what else do you replace when you put in a new cam?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Since you've got a low post count,you've probably not been exposed to the "check the stickies" comments yet. That or "Use the search function".

Basically when you change the cam, you need to CONSIDER your springs (valve springs) and if they'll handle the extra lift created by the cam. When doing this, it doesn't hurt to consider your push rods as well. This would be your two big ticket items. On the smaller side, you'll be needing a new set of gaskets (timing cover, crank shaft front seal, and think strongly about valve cover seals too.) There are several methods of changing your springs if needed and now you know. I think it's safe to recommend the LS1HowTo site at http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23 specifically for cam shaft swaps.

FYI, the goobers like me LOVE pictures and respond faster when we see pictures are involved

Good luck,

D

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

lifters and roller rockers wouldn't hurt. After seeing my buddy's 99 SS demise with the factory rockers (needle bearings), I wouldn't do a swap without upgrading... just my opinion though

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Thread Information