Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

from the side it looks like a Mustang...........hope it grows on me

victory red
    2002 z28

is it me or was there talk in that blog that a 4 cyl will possibly find its way into the camaro? and the z28 will have more power then the ss? and what is the LS and LT all about? that is for hhrs and trucks.not a camaro???i dunno some how i feel they have tottally lost track of what the camaro was. base model , RS , Z28 , SS , Z28/SS. no LS or LT.sorry for my rant but i am really dissapointed.i was excited when i first saw some of the pictures of her but i do feel that i would rather hold on to my 2002 z28 then get a new one.especially when the new z will be more powerfull then the ss?????how backwards is that....sorry if i offended any one but i feel let down.
    Last edited by myzisbetter; 05-22-2008 at 08:57 PM.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    I don't see that. All this talk is meaningless if they axe the fifth gen in my opinion. I'm upset at the whole thing now.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I still think I will just keep mine and get the LSA or LS9 when they start selling them as crate engines, plop it in, and call it a true 5th gen. Unless I do what I did with mine, and wait 7 or 8 years and buy a Z28 for 10k

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

ugly.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by myzisbetter View Post
    is it me or was there talk in that blog that a 4 cyl will possibly find its way into the camaro? and the z28 will have more power then the ss? and what is the LS and LT all about? that is for hhrs and trucks.not a camaro???i dunno some how i feel they have tottally lost track of what the camaro was. base model , RS , Z28 , SS , Z28/SS. no LS or LT.sorry for my rant but i am really dissapointed.i was excited when i first saw some of the pictures of her but i do feel that i would rather hold on to my 2002 z28 then get a new one.especially when the new z will be more powerfull then the ss?????how backwards is that....sorry if i offended any one but i feel let down.
    With the first gen camaros the z28 was actually the top of the line, rs, ss, z28, it wasnt until later when they reintroduced the ss that they decided to make the switch ( WHY? who the fuck knows anymore). All in all a 4 banger camaro is going to sound stupid to most camaro enthusiasts. It will just garner attention from the chicks who drive v-6 convertable mustangs and jettas why bother with a turbo 4 cylinder?

Jiuce it 'till it pings!! 97LTWON's Avatar

Midight blue
    1999 Z28

Ya, back in 1969 chevy came out with the Z-28 to battle in the trans am series racing for car manufacturers. The 69 Z-28 was a bad ass with its high reving 4 inch bore and short stroke 302 cubic inches. The Z-28 model for 69 and 70 was the factory race car, kinda like the 1le cars of the 3rd gen and 4 gen cars with radio and AC delete with no power options accept power steering. It was to keep the factory weight down along with the bigger sway bars and better factory suspension to race off of the showroom floor. Pontiacs version of the Trans am series that started in 69 was of course the Firebird trans am. In 68 when the firebird came out, the only model was firebird, no formula, or trans am. In couple of years later, the "WS6" otpion was available, and it was a performance group package. Fords version of the trans am series cars spawned the 69 BOSS 302. Manufacturers where not allowed to have their engines displace no more than 302 cubic inches.Unfortunately Ford with the huge intake ports/and exhaust ported BOSS heads made a little more power than the chevys and giving fords the edge in the trans am series racing. I think the 2010 camaro's lines are a little too edgy and sharp along with the high belt line. But the thought of them making the Z-28 the top performing car is just awesome and correct along with the re-introduction of the LS model. All you old schoolers remember the "type LT" models from the 70's cars. For all of you "new schoolers" out there, do some research on the real heritage of the camaro and you will get it.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

5th gen cars are getting way too heavy..seems like everytime
    I read about em they gain pounds

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    When I saw transformers I thought the Camaro turned into a Mustang.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by 97LTWON View Post
    Ya, back in 1969 chevy came out with the Z-28 to battle in the trans am series racing for car manufacturers. The 69 Z-28 was a bad ass with its high reving 4 inch bore and short stroke 302 cubic inches. The Z-28 model for 69 and 70 was the factory race car, kinda like the 1le cars of the 3rd gen and 4 gen cars with radio and AC delete with no power options accept power steering. It was to keep the factory weight down along with the bigger sway bars and better factory suspension to race off of the showroom floor. Pontiacs version of the Trans am series that started in 69 was of course the Firebird trans am. In 68 when the firebird came out, the only model was firebird, no formula, or trans am. In couple of years later, the "WS6" otpion was available, and it was a performance group package. Fords version of the trans am series cars spawned the 69 BOSS 302. Manufacturers where not allowed to have their engines displace no more than 302 cubic inches.Unfortunately Ford with the huge intake ports/and exhaust ported BOSS heads made a little more power than the chevys and giving fords the edge in the trans am series racing. I think the 2010 camaro's lines are a little too edgy and sharp along with the high belt line. But the thought of them making the Z-28 the top performing car is just awesome and correct along with the re-introduction of the LS model. All you old schoolers remember the "type LT" models from the 70's cars. For all of you "new schoolers" out there, do some research on the real heritage of the camaro and you will get it.
    Bravo, some good information here. I agree in that I like them taking the Z28 back to its orginal status. I just hope when it is reintroduced it does not turn out to be a 40k car.

Now that I have had the chance to see a close enough to production in a black I have to say it has grown well on me. I remember in 93 when the 4th gens came out and I hated them until I saw one live and in black. The only thing that kills it for me so far is the pictures I have seen of the interior, and the fact that I will not be able to afford a new one. Maybe the lack of a hatchback, but that is purely a DD concern that I have for a work car.

White
    2000 Trans AM

I'd buy a mustang before I'd buy that ugly car.

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

It's kind of hard to say which car was really the better between the Z28 and the SS in the 60's. The SS was comparable to the Mach1 at the time, and the Z28 was of course comparable to the Boss 302. Being that, the Z28 was superior in braking and handling, while the SS was better at straight-ahead quarter mile times, IF you got the top of the line 396 engine (the Z28 could only have the 302 at the time) in it. What is confusing was there were 3 different 396 engines available (from the mnf. mind you, not a Yenko or Berger edition) ranging from 325 to 375 hp, talk about having choices! I think everyone assumes, the original Z28 was a better car than the SS because original Z's go for probably $20,000 more than a comparably yeared SS, but this is more based on the rarity of the Z (many more SS's were produced at the time), rather than it being a more superior version of the Camaro of the 60's.

red
    2002 ss camaro

personally I think that look is great I can't wait to get my orange vert to put twin turbos on. bring it.

Thread Information